HELP! Alpha supercharged SS with too rich fuel mixture

• Yes all the stock blocks are foam cast
    I have switched over to the DDM gen 3

Yes all the stock blocks are foam cast

I have switched over to the DDM gen 3

When I posted the question I was referring to what vehicle manufacture put the gen 3 blocks in what vehicle in which years. It would be good information to have to go junkyard huntin for a new project engine.

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• All of our engines are gen 3 that we build . We don’t even encourage the reuse of Slingshot block and also we are up to 23 slingshots converted to haltech and now with the introduction of the K24 Honda swap . We can make more horsepower for less and dyno video soon to be released . It’s amazing what a Honda Civic motor can do .

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

• Way to go @Jdin & @TheRock!!! THAT is what it’s all about. The amount of knowledge here & the willingness to help each other out is mind boggling. Even people that no longer Sling or are here gathering info in hopes of getting one someday are all accepted as family. Have NEVER seen a group of people like we have here. AWESOME!!! :thumbup:

Carry on...

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• ??? If you notice, somebody with a sharpie wrote BAD. Not encouraging.

That block is one that had the internal cracking on it. Since we get a lot of engines coming in and out here for builds, when we pull and engine that is cracked internally we write on it as soon as we can that it is bad, otherwise there is no visual way to determine that it has cracking internally.

The LEA/LAF block is what you are looking for. Both of those engines are DI (Direct injection) so the cylinder head will not be compatible with the Slingshot. You will have to swap back to a LE5/LE9 cylinder head. Also, the LEA/LAF is a higher compression engine from the factory (11.2:1 compression), just want to make sure that no one goes out and just tries to swap in the block without realizing that. The LEA/LAF block also does not have any of the oil supply ports on the passenger side of the engine like the LE5/LE9 engine, so if you have a turbo, you will have to find an alternate oil supply for the turbo. The LDK block does have a oil port on the passenger side of the engine, but that is a 2.0L engine and will have to be bored over heavily to get to the 2.4L bore, also that block has an oil cooler that has to be removed to fit in the Slingshot and also some other machine work is needed.

LEA/LAF year models from GM -

LAF-

2010–2011 Chevrolet Equinox
    GMC Terrain
    182 hp (136 kW) @ 6700 rpm (gasoline) 172 ft⋅lb (233 N⋅m) @ 4900 rpm (gasoline)
    2010–2011 Buick LaCrosse 182 hp (136 kW) @ 6700 rpm 172 ft⋅lb (233 N⋅m) @ 4900 rpm
    2011 Buick Regal 182 hp (136 kW) @ 6700 rpm 172 ft⋅lb (233 N⋅m) @ 4900 rpm
    2011–2014 Chevrolet Orlando 174 hp (130 kW) @ 6700 rpm 171 ft⋅lb (232 N⋅m) @ 4900 rpm
    2011 Chevrolet Captiva 182 hp (136 kW) @ 6700 rpm 172 ft⋅lb (233 N⋅m) @ 4900 rpm

LEA-

2012–2013, 2015–2017 Buick Regal 182 hp (136 kW) @ 6700 rpm 172 ft⋅lb (233 N⋅m) @ 4900 rpm link
    2012–2017 Buick Verano[13] 180 hp (134 kW) @ 6700 rpm 171 ft⋅lb (232 N⋅m) @ 4900 rpm link
    2012–present Chevrolet Captiva Sport 182 hp (136 kW) @ 6700 rpm 172 ft⋅lb (233 N⋅m) @ 4900 rpm link
    2012–2017 Chevrolet Equinox
    GMC Terrain
    182 hp (136 kW) @ 6700 rpm 172 ft⋅lb (233 N⋅m) @ 4900 rpm link

As for boring and stroking - The stock bore on the 2.4L is 88mm, we typically go up to 88.5mm on the engine builds we do. I really can not recommend going more than that. The stroke is going to be limited by the cranks available from GM engines.

We ran the 100mm pulley at the track day and have beat on the poor junkyard engine in our Slingshot with that setup for a long time with no issues. As long as you keep the oil changed and maintain that engine, it should go for quite a while without having any issues with our supercharger kit. We have been supercharging that same engine since 2007 and have a lot of Solstice/Sky customers on stock supercharged engines that have gone well over 100,000 miles now without an issue.

Hope that helps,
    Dave

• Thanks a million Dave!

That is EXACTLY the information that I was looking for.

BTW: I believe I have figured out why I am seeing the out of the ball park boost readings from the gage. It has to do with where I am getting the boost signal. When I have it revved up and jump out of the throttle closing the throttle plate the pressure spikes because of the area involved or the lack there of. If I were to get my signal/pressure from below the throttle plate I bet it wouldn't do that. Bottom line, I do not believe that the engine is ever seeing anything above 12psi.

Thanks again Dave for the information and for all you do for our SS family!

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• Way to go @Jdin & @TheRock!!! THAT is what it’s all about. The amount of knowledge here & the willingness to help each other out is mind boggling. Even people that no longer Sling or are here gathering info in hopes of getting one someday are all accepted as family. Have NEVER seen a group of people like we have here. AWESOME!!! :thumbup:

Carry on...

:thumbsup::thumbsup: