What happened to Funinthesun, and why it could happen to you

• I have a friend who's mother went down in the hospital while prepping her husband for bypass surgery. Lucky for her she was already in the hospital. They said she would not have made it. Turned out to be the same thing. I knew I didn't like cats for a reason.

best wishes to FITS. Hope all is better.

• After discussing this with friends if I should post anything or not, the decision was that it was better to have people ignore the post than to be left out of the loop. So here's one of the last updates.

I haven't posted anything to the forum since I'm not sure just how to phrase it without being morbid, or downplaying it and have it not turn out good. Anyway, my cardiologist has some issues with my test results. The blood work shows that my electrolytes are finally back to normal. The afib that I developed while in the hospital is no longer, but has changed to aflutter. I guess that's easier to correct but more prone to cause strokes from throwing up blood clots, I had to wear a heart monitor (during my birthday) for 24 hours to see exactly what was going on and to see how strong the heart was functioning. I'm going back into the hospital next Thursday for a heart procedure. My understanding of it is I go under anesthesia and when I'm out, they stop the heart from pumping. In layman's terms, they're going to reboot it. They shock it with paddles to try to get it to fire normally in sinus rhythm.

The downside is it may not restart and well, that's bad. They may need to shock it more than once and that may cause a blood clot or stroke. Or it doesn't correct the issue. Odds are 90% to the good. It's a risk I'm willing to take. Going out with a bang trying to live and improve the quality of life beats sitting down waiting for it to end at any time. The results will be posted - good or bad. I just wanted to give you a heads up since you all voiced your concerns. I've got to plan for the worst while hoping for the best. That's the toughest part of this. I'm just not sure how many more of these I can walk away from.

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• I ain’t even worried bout it - I already promised you a free dinner in Maggie Valley and I KNOW you ain’t gonna miss that :thumbsup: We are all pullin for you bro - get this procedure behind ya and it will be smooth sailing after that !!!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I had this same decision to make when I had my last bypass surgery. There was a high risk. My question, was it going to improve my quality of life? They said yes if successful and I said do it. Brenda was a basket case. But only you Phil can make that decision. I feel for you Sir.

• Damn you can't catch a break.

If it helps ease you mind my wife has had some sort of Afib thing all her life. I don't understand it but I do remember that at one point they tried to shock her back into rhythm.
    I told them it wouldn't work the girl is Lilly white and will never have rhythm. Well it didn't work but she has enough strength to nag at me very day and lead a normal life. That is if you consider life with me as normal.

Hang in there brother you are stronger than this thing and will come out of it just fine.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• FITS, I have full time Afib. I had the procedure, they had to stop my heart 3 times and the third time it took and I went into normal sinus rhythm. Lasted 10 days and I reverted to Afib again. I pray yours takes and lasts. They are now talking about putting me on rat poison (warfarin) to thin my blood so I don't throw a clot. I can not afford the other popular blood thinners like xarellto. Thoughts and prayers headed your way sir.

• Hang in there, Phil. Thanks for sharing. Most of us appreciate knowing, and it gives those who believe in prayer a chance to lift you up. And, those who don't have any interest can keep scrolling. So, please don't stop sending updates.

• FITS, I have full time Afib. I had the procedure, they had to stop my heart 3 times and the third time it took and I went into normal sinus rhythm. Lasted 10 days and I reverted to Afib again. I pray yours takes and lasts. They are now talking about putting me on rat poison (warfarin) to thin my blood so I don't throw a clot. I can not afford the other popular blood thinners like xarellto. Thoughts and prayers headed your way sir.

Watch out for Xarelto, that is some bad stuff, but sometimes it is necessary. I had the A Fib one time after surgery and they did nothing and I have never had it again. After 2 years with no events I finally got off of the Xarelto.

• I'm reviewing the instructions they gave me for my procedure next week. It says "nothing to eat or drink by mouth after midnight". So I guess if I'm hungry at 2 AM, I have to stay hungry until after the procedure is done. BUT it's ok to ram a ham and cheese sandwich up butt if I want to? Is this why the medical offices are called practices since they're still trying to get things right? I sure hope the operating team have more experience doing the procedure than the office staff has trying to explain it.

Don't blame me for being sick. I had a rough night and couldn't sleep. I can't wait for this to be over so life can start getting back to the normal crazy it has been

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• You kick this little problem in the ass and I’ll buy you a Dinner @ Maggie Valley.
    That’s two free dinners so don’t let us down!

Seriously, praying for a great outcome and continued health FITs.

Bill, so glad to hear you’re home and recovery in the comfort only the family can provide.

Michael West
    Gainesville Ga.
    404-401-0841

:SLRSS::COLDAIRSS::MOTOROILSS: :OILFILTERSS: :00008862::00008698:

:00000436::00000436::00000436: