What happened to Funinthesun, and why it could happen to you

• I sent my son in law a copy of what Phil wrote about his ordeal. He is an
    Orthopedic Surgical PA in Charlotte. His specialty is hand reconstruction. He worked as a general surgeon in the Emergency Room up here in Hartford before moving to the Charlotte area 3 years ago. Here is his response:

"That bacteria is a bad player!! Very commonly implicated with cat bites. They can cause significant damage, and yes, those bites can kill you if infected. We see those regularly in the office, often times they have to be taken to the operating room. Stay away from cats!!"

Ya, like I said. Bad shit!!!

Never trust a ConnMan!!
    (Man I love that line!)
    :00007555:

• Wow!! Thanks so much for taking the time to write your story @funinthesun!! Much Respect!!
    We will still continue to keep you in our thoughts and prayers until you get the "All Clear" from your doctor!!!

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• Yep - and they tell me you can only get it IN HOSPITALS (and you can’t sue :cursing: ) but I do have some spare time on my hands to figure out a move - just HATE medical litigation - ya almost have to be a Dr first then move UP to being a lawyer :00008172:

We do have a Dr who makes a living as a lawyer in our area....

• @funinthesun, Phil thanks for sharing. I have always been a quick healer and tend to let cuts and such heal on there own. Your story is scary and informative. I'm not as young as l would like to be and have noticed things taking a tad more time. Guess it time to watch the cuts closer and keep them covered.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• @funinthesun I'm glad the docs were able to properly diagnose your infections and get you back on the road to recovery. Thanks for putting this out there.

On a slightly lighter note, I got this song stuck in my head

@BryanL great minds think alike - and so do we! I've been thinking about that song all day. Just couldn't think of a way to bring it up respectfully in light of a life threatening disease like you did. Well done!

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• @BryanL great minds think alike - and so do we! I've been thinking about that song all day. Just couldn't think of a way to bring it up respectfully in light of a life threatening disease like you did. Well done!

Hey Bro - once you get there ya gotta just roll with the punches. Reading you guys posts are the highlight of my day for now. I could listen to Ted Nugent on my death bed but hopefully that swan song is a long way off. Stuff like what has happened to me and others here just reminds you to live life to the fullest as long as you can - while you can !!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Right on, Bill! I’ve posted this before but this seems like a more appropriate time & place to post it again - I just love this & try to apply it...

THE MAGIC BANK ACCOUNT
    Imagine that you had won the following *PRIZE* in a contest:
    Each morning your bank would deposit $86,400 in your private account for your use. However, this prize has Rules:
    The set of Rules:
    1. Everything that you didn't spend during each day would be taken away from you.
    2. You may not simply transfer money into some other account.
    3. You may only spend It.
    4. Each morning upon awakening, the bank opens your account with another $86,400 for that day.
    5. The bank can end the game without warning; at any time, it can say, "Game Over!" It can close the account, and you will not receive a new one.
    What would you personally do?
    You would buy anything and everything you wanted right? Not only for yourself, but for all the people you love and care for. Even for people you don't know, because you couldn't possibly spend it all on yourself - right?
    You would try to spend every penny, and use it all, because you knew it would be replenished in the morning, right?
    ACTUALLY, THIS GAME IS REAL!
    Shocked ??? Yes!!!
    Each of us is already a winner of this *PRIZE*.
    We just can't seem to see it.
    The PRIZE is “TIME"
    1. Each morning we awaken to Receive 86,400 seconds
    As a gift of Life.
    2. And when we go to sleep at Night, any remaining time
    is Not credited to us.
    3. What we haven't used up that Day is forever lost.
    4. Yesterday is forever Gone.
    5. Each morning the account is Refilled, but the bank can dissolve your account at any time WITHOUT WARNING...
    SO, what will YOU do with your 86,400 seconds?
    Those seconds are worth so much More than the same amount in dollars. Think about it and remember to Enjoy every second of your life, because time races by so much quicker than You think.
    So take care of yourself, be Happy, love deeply and enjoy life!
    Here's wishing you a wonderful And beautiful day.
    Start spending....
    "DON'T COMPLAIN ABOUT GROWING OLD
    SOME PEOPLE DON'T GET THE PRIVILEGE!"

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• AS I GET OLDER I REALIZE:

#1 - I talk to myself, because there are times I need expert advice.

#2 - I consider "In Style" to be the clothes that still fit.

#3 - I don't need anger management. I need people to stop pissing me off.

#4 - My people skills are just fine. It's my tolerance for idiots that needs work.

#5 - The biggest lie I tell myself is, "I don't need to write that down. I'll remember it."

#6 - I have days when my life is just a tent away from a circus.

#7 - These days, "on time" is when I get there.

#8 - Even duct tape can't fix stupid - but it sure does muffle the sound.

#9 - Wouldn't it be wonderful if we could put ourselves in the dryer for ten minutes, then come out wrinkle-free and three sizes smaller?

#10 - Lately, I've noticed people my age are so much older than me.

#11 - "Getting lucky" means walking into a room and remembering why I'm there.

#12 - When I was a child, I thought nap time was punishment. Now it feels like a mini vacation.

#13 - Some days I have no idea what I'm doing out of bed.

#14 - I thought growing old would take longer

#15 - Aging sure has slowed me down, but it hasn't shut me up.

#16 - I still haven't learned to act my age.

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• As if the first posting on this thread wasn't bad enough, here's just a small update of part of what's been going on since. Infectious disease doctor said he "thought" the infection was either gone or "good enough" to be discharged back to my primary care doctor to take care of the other issues. Unfortunately he was a bit optimistic on his assessment. Both feet are swelling to the point of not being able to put a shoe on either one. So if the massive pumping in IV fluids in one arm and injecting lasik into the other arm wasn't bad enough, they now put me on lasik at home. I woke up with pretty good pain in the right foot and redness that was going away. By the middle of the day, I smartened up and called the doctor. X-rays were ordered to see what was going on structurally, and blood work was taken to see what else was going on. Infection has not been removed, so I'm back on the same antibiotics that gives me bone and muscle pain and weakness. (I can't even lift a 2 liter bottle of soda to put back into the refrigerator). Well, it seems that excess lasik can cause GOUT and I have it. The meds to cure the gout has a level 2 (I think) interaction with the mew heart drugs they put me one. After a day of back and forth the doctor decided that the small number of pills ordered SHOULD not cause any of the major risks of respiratory depression or death. So far she's right as I've finished the dosage and can still breath and type. So the nightmare continues. I'm really hoping to be close enough to cured before my birthday, but I don't think that's going to happen. But considering what could have happened, I'm happy to just be here able to read and type. Thansk again for all the support and prayers

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• As if the first posting on this thread wasn't bad enough, here's just a small update of part of what's been going on since. Infectious disease doctor said he "thought" the infection was either gone or "good enough" to be discharged back to my primary care doctor to take care of the other issues. Unfortunately he was a bit optimistic on his assessment. Both feet are swelling to the point of not being able to put a shoe on either one. So if the massive pumping in IV fluids in one arm and injecting lasik into the other arm wasn't bad enough, they now put me on lasik at home. I woke up with pretty good pain in the right foot and redness that was going away. By the middle of the day, I smartened up and called the doctor. X-rays were ordered to see what was going on structurally, and blood work was taken to see what else was going on. Infection has not been removed, so I'm back on the same antibiotics that gives me bone and muscle pain and weakness. (I can't even lift a 2 liter bottle of soda to put back into the refrigerator). Well, it seems that excess lasik can cause GOUT and I have it. The meds to cure the gout has a level 2 (I think) interaction with the mew heart drugs they put me one. After a day of back and forth the doctor decided that the small number of pills ordered SHOULD not cause any of the major risks of respiratory depression or death. So far she's right as I've finished the dosage and can still breath and type. So the nightmare continues. I'm really hoping to be close enough to cured before my birthday, but I don't think that's going to happen. But considering what could have happened, I'm happy to just be here able to read and type. Thansk again for all the support and prayers

Don’t worry - that Carnuba wax they prescribed for you should have you shinin like a new penny :00008172:

PS - Seriously - one of Fun’s prescriptions has carnuba wax as an ingredient. WTF???

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it