Welter Dual Exhaust question

• I watched the install video from SlingMods on this exhaust system and I noticed that the exiting Y pipe comes very close to the Optima battery. If any of you are running this set up please chime in and let me me know what you think about that issue or non issue in your opinion.

• I watched the install video from SlingMods on this exhaust system and I noticed that the exiting Y pipe comes very close to the Optima battery. If any of you are running this set up please chime in and let me me know what you think about that issue or non issue in your opinion.

How close is it? Is there enough room to use some exhaust wrap around the pipe? That'll reduce the heat which is not good for batteries.

• I have the 2” Welter duals and love both the sound and the look. Also have the Group 34 AGM battery and 1320 headers. No issues at all. I did choose to add extra wrap on the pipes where they go past the battery and swingarm. Welter does not recommend doing what I did out of concern for a higher concentration of heat being transferred to the hanger assembly in that same area. I took a chance (about a year ago) - no issues so far.