• Are any of our Florida members going to be watching todays launch of the Falcon Heavy?

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I watched it live stream, but I was curious if anyone here was able to see it live. It was cool watching the two side boosters land at the same time. I still haven't heard if the third landed safely on the platform at sea

• I watched it live stream, but I was curious if anyone here was able to see it live. It was cool watching the two side boosters land at the same time. I still haven't heard if the third landed safely on the platform at sea

Still no word on the center core landing - it’s landing on a drone ship in the Atlantic. The side booster landings were amazing to watch...

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• You can still watch the live feed from the Tesla. It's earth Mars orbit will last several hundred million years. Now that's marketing.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• I was curious if anyone here was able to see it live.

Not at the Cape for this one but just down the coast. From the house we could see it shortly after launch up through separation and the side boosters return until just after their re-entry burn. The center core drone ship is too far off the coast to see it come back but I am curious if it made it. Like @Tripod I still can't find any updates after the cameras on the ship went down .....

Should know in a few hours if the payload made it through the Van Allen belt ....

.......... nerd-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• No news from Space X on the central rocket yet

• The two boosters returning and landing simultaneously was a like a movie special effect. Impressive stuff. Definitely seemed like they were proudly showing off their capabilities.

Congrats to the Space-X team.

And the "Don't Panic" message on the entertainment screen in the Tesla was funny.

• There was an interview with Elon Musk this morning pre launch. He wasn’t completely sure it wouldn’t blow up during launch. He was really stressed about it. Wonder what he knows that we don’t ?(

He knows that with 27 rocket motors there is a ton that can go wrong

• There was an interview with Elon Musk this morning pre launch. He wasn’t completely sure it wouldn’t blow up during launch. He was really stressed about it. Wonder what he knows that we don’t ?(

There were a number of "firsts" all being tried at the same time today. A high level of risk across the board.

It's basically in orbit for 6 hours (to demonstrate the ability to drop off a payload) and will reignite to head for the Mars orbit. A lot could still go wrong.

• Just watched the launch on YouTube. Impressive, especially both outer boosters landing simultaneously. Hopefully, the center core landed safely on the drone ship. I would have expected a support ship to be relatively close by, just in case, so I'm surprised there hasn't been any update on the center core/drone ship status.

Just found this article posted at 1839 Eastern Time - The middle booster of SpaceX’s Falcon Heavy rocket failed to land on its drone ship - The Verge. The payload stage still seems OK, though.

Edited 2 times, last by BKL ().

• Yup ....

From a presser a short time ago Elon Musk announced that the center core looked like it ran out of the igniter on two of the three engines. It hit the water at 300 mph. The core center booster, he said, will be a blooper reel video if they can get the footage back. The side boosters, meanwhile, are in very good condition and are re-flyable.

...so ....... a 90 million dollar blooper reel not counting the damage to the drone ship ..... confused-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......