• Well damn. Still the live feed from starman is very cool.
    Love private enterprise. Tell me our US government would ever do something so fun and cool. This gets people interested for sure.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• So everyone actually believes that?

Look at the rocket boosters that landed in perfect timing...now look at the colors of those boosters....why don’t they look like they did on lift off? PURE WHITE

How did they change the paint scheme during the flight....he’s much better than he seems. And they didn’t change color from fire burning off the paint all the way to the top and with exact crisp paint lines....

The car is facing earth...wrong way to mars....and I guess they open the trunk to fire the rocket motor to send it to mars?

As a side note...I have a bridge for sale cheap...

• And we also didn't go to the moon..... nerd-squared

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• Not knowing anything at all about the logistics of this, how the hell do they know that nobody will be injured by an object falling out of the sky at 300mph?

Send lawyers, guns and money!

• So the car is going to orbit the sun and then go to orbit mars.....how hot is the sun? And the NAKED car without any kind of thermal insulation will survive?

Different boosters landed....

See the upper right live booster shot? What color is it...

Those car shots are simply fantastic....75 different camera angles..

Isn’t Stanley Kubrick dead?

• Im not sure I even understand the inability to understand this. Orbiting the sun just means it will use a trajectory that will take it around the sun at a safe distance. Come on @Bigdog we orbit the sun. Also news flash the earth is round.
    We live in a world of amazing accomplishments and engineering but some how a rocket landing back to earth is not real. This is like saying all the cell phones and smart phones are fake because you saw them on Star Trek years ago.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• With the amount of research he claims to do on simple tasks, it amazes me he has not provided us with the knowledge of how it all worked.
    If you get your head out you will discover they have successfully been landing the rockets for quite some time now. Have a closer look and you can see the panels on the boosters that had to come off to allow the reconfiguration of the landing gear.
    The world is flat, we didn't go to the moon, and Elvis and JFK are alive and kicking sharing a cool one in Hawaii.

• @Orangeman - thanks for the videos.

SpaceX has been testing autonomous landing rockets for several years and its unfortunate the collective "we" haven't been paying more attention to their work.

Starting to think Elon Musk is going to be the Thomas Edison of our time.