Cleaning Question

• I put on a second coat today and you could see a difference.....my black plastic interior has never had any type of treatment....it’s a 2011.... it did a little to the plastic ...maybe I didn’t use enough....but I was more oncerned with getting the outside done...the inside needs a sweeper and a good cleaning.. I used it on the tires too.....it doesn’t shine like other products.. but then again I didn’t soak them....didn’t want to waste it.

My thinking is as long as the paint beads the water making it run off that’s less dirt sticking to the paint...so acid rain should run off too.

I washed it with plain water first...
    Didn’t need to dry it...the breeze dried it. Because of the first coat..the water dripped off.

• I have come to the conclusion that the members of the facebook detail group dont have a clue what may or may not be in TopCoat F11 - it seems to have gotten a very bad reputation based on the product information sheet of a product called TopCoat Quick Gloss Spritz. I found this link to what I think was the original TopCoat store. looking on the left it seems they at one time made several different products including the Spritz, sealants, poly wash and even clay bars and towels Top Coat Store - if you actually click on any of the links on that page they bring you to the current TopCoat Store where the only product is todays TopCoat F11.

So anyway, please forgive all of my prior posts that were in anyway negative about the current TopCoat product :S

I have no clue what is in or if it is a good or bat sealant/protectant

What I can say is that yesterday I used the last of mine as a lubricant with my Nanoskin synthetic clay bar sponge thing and it was excellent in that roll

:D

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Wow!!!! I had been posting in the auto detailing forum that the TopCoat f11 is not the same product that they say is bad and after several posts and comments the entire thread got deleted

• found out the group is sponsored by autogeekonline. They have a dedicated forum which I am a member of and an online store with excellent products and prices, but on their forum they frown on any posts promoting products they don't sell which is normally not an issue because they sell almost all of the stuff professional detailers use. perhaps this is also true of posts to the facebook group

• So after trying the slick mist I will say it definitely shines. Will probably still try the topcoat at some point but wasn't disappointed with the slick mist. Seemed to be clouding up when I first tried to start drying but I think I started out with less mist and more downpour and may have used too much. But the end result definitely catches the eye... and the smell, wow, the garage smelled like cherry car freshener the whole time.

• bubble gum

• Like I said - its your slingshot. And like you I did buy it and I have tried it - just for kicks do me favor. Next time you are at Walmart spend the $7.50 and get the 24oz spray bottle of Lucas Slick Mist Speed Wax. Its a good U.S. company who's products are well regarded. You have absolutely nothing to loose. Test it on an area of your truck side by side with the TopCoat. I did this and the Lucas beaded water better than the TopCoat
    Like I said this weekend I will use the TopCoat I have left like a detail spray/lube to clay my sling, Then I will seal it with Nu Finish and after that I will add that extra pop with the Slick Mist - - I might do a coat of a good carnuba in between the sealant and the slick mist to get some extra depth.

Seriously though - if you are on Face book go here Detailing 101 and ask to join the group - These guys make a living detailing cars and if their sealants dont work and their cars dont pop they dont last in the business. Like I said above - you have nothing to lose and it could save you a bunch of work down the road doing paint correction if in the end TopCoat doesnt provide the protection you hoped it would provide

Anyway - please have a great day, and if the weather permits perhaps a great ride :)

Thx for the Slick Mist suggestion...got the whole kit and it's a great product

• I need to apologize. up above in this thread I posted a picture that I was told showed the ingredients of TopCoat F11 - it showed Silicon oil and an alcohol based solvent. I dont know if TopCoat still makes it, but in my research I have found that if not now at least at one time they made a product called Quick Gloss Spritz. Here is a link to that product TopCoat Quick Gloss Spritz in that link they clearly state that it is designed to bond with TopCoat High Performance Sealant so clearly they are 2 distinct products.

Please forgive me for passing on this misinformation

At this time I have no clue what exactly is in TopCoat F11 so please disregard anything negative I have said or implied about it

Just an FYI

There are 2 products on the market with the name Top Coat

1- Ducora Top Coat - ships from Jacksonville Fla.
    2- Top Coat Master Craftsman F 11 ships from Saint Josephs MO

According to the F11 people they are not the same product.
    Somehow I managed to buy both thinking they were the same

Just thought I would let everyone know - I am not sure exactly what is going on but I think the F11 is exclusively sold online.
    They look the same / logo on the bottles are almost identical / bottle sizes are different - something odd about the whole deal.
    But I suspect the product is licensed to two different companies and sold independent of each other.

I hope this saves someone some grief

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• After having my Slingshot torn apart from July '17 until Feb this year, I finally washed it with Turtle Wax Ice and was very happy with the Turtle Wax Ice product. The product I used was a rather thickish gel, but it mixed well when I added water. It worked well removing road grime and bug remains that had had a lot of time to set. The paint looked fine and the non-painted areas took on a nice dark black look. Very satisfied with the results.

Edited once, last by BKL ().

• Since this thread has been revived, and since I just tried the F11 last night, I'm posting this up. I've used many products, from the more inexpensive ones carried at the auto stores and Walmart, to the more pricey ones online. My personal favorites are as follows. If the vehicle is well protected or fairly new and just doesn't have anything on it yet (think no sealer or wax, just brought home and haven't gotten to it yet) I like hot water (hot as you can stand putting your hand into) in a bucket with a microfiber towel. I also like and will use Wizard's motorcycle quick detailer. I've used many waxes/polishes/sealers over the years on my old muscle cars and on the Harleys that I've owned. I will stick to the hot water and/or Wizard's for everyday cleaning.

That said.... F11 is nothing short of awesome! My Sling was clean when I put the cover on it last fall. I've been working on it, modding things for the upcoming season. Yesterday it was still warm enough after I got off work that I decided to coat the front half of the Sling with the F11. I only had about an hour before I had to stop for a meeting. Well, in that hour, I got 2 coats on the front back to the windshield, and one on the rest of the outside. I had done the inside areas when I installed my seats. I realize this is garage lighting, but I think you can still see the shine by the pic below. It made the pearl in the red really pop, and I love the sheen that's on the black plastic parts! This stuff goes on very easy, and still left a shine and smoothness that is better than I had hoped for. After using it, no one will be able to convince me that F11 is anything less than the real deal!

• But which one's better Mitch? laugh-squared

I can't tell the difference so far. but then again I had no idea they were different. To be honest I think they are the same product under different labels. Because if you had a high dollar product and someone copied it almost right down to the label, you would most likely take some sort of legal action.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• My pickup looked good with the first coat...it looks amazing after the second one...just did one of my vans yesterday...SS has one coat right now...

Dried salt and road dirt washes right off...

I bought this combo.
    https://topcoat.store/collecti…aler-1-gallon-kit-special

The small bottle has done my full size pickup twice, my SS once and a full size high top van once....with about 1 inch left in the bottle....I’m sure it’s enough to do that van again...

• After having my Slingshot torn apart from July '17 until Feb this year, I finally washed it with Turtle Wax Ice and was very happy with the Turtle Wax Ice product. The product I used was a rather thickish gel, but it mixed well when I added water. It worked well removing road grime and bug remains that had had a lot of time to set. The paint looked fine and the non-painted areas took on a nice dark black look. Very satisfied with the results.

We need pics or it didn't happen.

• I noticed you need to used a generous amount on the textured plastic to make it shine...

One thing I can say about the Lucas Slick Mist is that at under $8 for a 24oz bottle using it generously is a non issue.