Cleaning Question

• If anyone really wants cleaning and detailing information you can request to join the "detailing 101 by Autogeek" group on Facebook. they are a very nice group and are more than happy to help with any detailing / product questions. Once you are in you can either ask questions or use the search function on the left side of the page to search the group for whatever you like

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Everything protects the paint until it doesn’t bead water anymore.

So what matters is how many washes do you get out of any treatment wax or silicon...before it fails...

Top coats suggests not to wash with soap. Just water. So I’ll ask this question...is soap what degrades wax too?

So what matters is how many washes do you get out of any treatment wax or silicon...before it fails...

Top coats suggests not to wash with soap. Just water. So I’ll ask this question...is soap what degrades wax too?

If you want to use topcoat go for it, its your slingshot and its your choice. Personally having asked professionals what they think of it and constantly being given the answer that its nothing more that an over hyped/priced quick detail I have chosen not to use it

I have about 1/4th bottle left and this weekend I will use it just like a quick detailer to lube when I clay bar the sling. then I will be done with it.

As a side note - if it can be used as a clay lube without mucking up the clay how much of a sealant can it be

anyway - its your money and its your sling

• I only have one coat with clay on my truck so far....the salt and road dirt is not sticking like it did before treatment. It was waxed with good carnuba wax last year. I want to get a few more coats on it to better judge the results. Top coat claims it builds up with each treatment. The test will be how smooth the paint stays...or how often it needs to be clayed again.

• I only have one coat with clay on my truck so far....the salt and road dirt is not sticking like it did before treatment. It was waxed with good carnuba wax last year. I want to get a few more coats on it to better judge the results. Top coat claims it builds up with each treatment. The test will be how smooth the paint stays...or how often it needs to be clayed again.

Like I said - its your slingshot. And like you I did buy it and I have tried it - just for kicks do me favor. Next time you are at Walmart spend the $7.50 and get the 24oz spray bottle of Lucas Slick Mist Speed Wax. Its a good U.S. company who's products are well regarded. You have absolutely nothing to loose. Test it on an area of your truck side by side with the TopCoat. I did this and the Lucas beaded water better than the TopCoat

Like I said this weekend I will use the TopCoat I have left like a detail spray/lube to clay my sling, Then I will seal it with Nu Finish and after that I will add that extra pop with the Slick Mist - - I might do a coat of a good carnuba in between the sealant and the slick mist to get some extra depth.

Seriously though - if you are on Face book go here Detailing 101 and ask to join the group - These guys make a living detailing cars and if their sealants dont work and their cars dont pop they dont last in the business. Like I said above - you have nothing to lose and it could save you a bunch of work down the road doing paint correction if in the end TopCoat doesnt provide the protection you hoped it would provide

Anyway - please have a great day, and if the weather permits perhaps a great ride :)

Thats pretty far from correct information...just because your beading water doesn't meant its protecting the paint. Everyone is entitled to use what ever they want but for someone who is new to detailing id hate to see them spend $100 on F11 and think its just as good or everything works the same. Not knocking F11 or any other product but there is a lot of better choice out there for less.

• I do appreciate all the info and research and personal testing edwardaneal! I almost pulled the trigger and ordered the top coat this week but held off. I wanted a reason to get out today and try the cai I put on the other night on the random warm and rain free day we got today. So I ran down to the parts store and grabbed a bottle of the quick mist to hopefully try this weekend.

• I do appreciate all the info and research and personal testing edwardaneal! I almost pulled the trigger and ordered the top coat this week but held off. I wanted a reason to get out today and try the cai I put on the other night on the random warm and rain free day we got today. So I ran down to the parts store and grabbed a bottle of the quick mist to hopefully try this weekend.

I have been using the Lucas since it came out, I never run out of the stuff

• here in the desert UV protection is very important and just because something beads does not prove it is providing UV protection. does TopCoat provide UV protection?

• Gasoline causes paint to bead water also, but it's not good for it. I do have some F11 to try. I liked the Dual Polymer I used up until now, and it's kept the paint and the black textured plastic looking nice. It's been in the sun a lot, and also sits out in the sun at work on nice days when I drive it. Which is about every nice day here.....

• Gasoline causes paint to bead water also, but it's not good for it. I do have some F11 to try. I liked the Dual Polymer I used up until now, and it's kept the paint and the black textured plastic looking nice. It's been in the sun a lot, and also sits out in the sun at work on nice days when I drive it. Which is about every nice day here.....

I am extremely happy with the F11 on the black plastic parts after several applications the parts are coming back in color and are not greasy, most important to me is they do not streak when wet.

So far on the sling and on my tow vehicle I am still using white diamond polish and detailer.

I am trying the F11 on my other truck to compare results - I hate wax.

I am not at all disappointed with the F11

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• I was using the Lucas and the Meguairs, but I liked the Lucas better. I used the Lucas this morning for a quick cleanup after the misty rain from Wed. On the black I was using the Meguairs, I think there are 3 different ones for the black plastic and I do not remember which one. But one leaves it greasy and tacky, one attracts dust like a magnet, but the other works perfect. For now I am using the F-11 except for this morning.

• I need to apologize. up above in this thread I posted a picture that I was told showed the ingredients of TopCoat F11 - it showed Silicon oil and an alcohol based solvent. I dont know if TopCoat still makes it, but in my research I have found that if not now at least at one time they made a product called Quick Gloss Spritz. Here is a link to that product TopCoat Quick Gloss Spritz in that link they clearly state that it is designed to bond with TopCoat High Performance Sealant so clearly they are 2 distinct products.

Please forgive me for passing on this misinformation

At this time I have no clue what exactly is in TopCoat F11 so please disregard anything negative I have said or implied about it