Cleaning Question

• I have at least 30 different bottles of waxes from over the years...several years ago. I found out about the clay bar. I have also used good carnuba wax on my vehicles at least once a year. Good carnuba wax is hard to find and very expensive when you do.

The top coat is supposed to keep building up with each use. If it keeps building up I would guess that means there is something there to protect the paint. From the results I’ve seen from one coat...is very good. I can’t wait to get several more coats on.

To me having one product that can do it all seems more cost effective and less labor intensive.

Check out this video. Watching him explain his former cleaning and waxing method is interesting..

https://search.yahoo.com/searc…toggle=1&cop=mss&ei=UTF-8

It’s still going to come down to personal preference and what you can afford money wise and how much time you have to spend on your vehicles.

I can remember back in my two wheeler days killing an entire good day for riding just to clean and wax my bike. I’m thinking those days are gone now with the top coat. Clay in the spring for the first wash and then just top coating all summer building more layers.

• I introduced myself over on the detailing group and told them I wasnt a professional and asked what products they would use on my Slingshot. I would link the conversation which is still ongoing, but its a closed group. anyway one guy recommended some spray on sealants a Car Pro Reload and also a IGL Premier. these both look allot like TopCoat so I expressed my lack of trust in the protection these would provide - here is a screen cut and paste of that part of the conversation

Like I said they don't seem very fond of TopCoat and price sure cant be the problem as both of the other products cost a good bit more

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I introduced myself over on the detailing group and told them I wasnt a professional and asked what products they would use on my Slingshot. I would link the conversation which is still ongoing, but its a closed group. anyway one guy recommended some spray on sealants a Car Pro Reload and also a IGL Premier. these both look allot like TopCoat so I expressed my lack of trust in the protection these would provide - here is a screen cut and paste of that part of the conversation

Like I said they don't seem very fond of TopCoat and price sure cant be the problem as both of the other products cost a good bit more

I wouldn't trust a "Glass" cleaner for advice.

• Anything someone is putting on "everytime" they wash their car for protection should raise a red flag. If its an enhancing product like a glossifier then I agree 100% as it providers 0 protection and comes right off. The products that actually protect the paint, you do not want to keep applying them over and over because they build up and actually make the paint shine less.

• I tried the F11 last night on the sling. I have always waxed it and used mist and wipe. Plus I use spray wax. After a couple times of using mist and wiping, it is not slick any more. My sling never see weather either. With the F11 my sling was slicker, and after I mist and wiped it and it was still slick. I put it on my black wheels wow they were slick and looked brand new. I think I like it. My friend let me borrow is bottle I might buy a gallon for $169 and give it a try and use it all the time. It does not strick like mist and wipe does either, it is zero effort to use.

• I tried the F11 last night on the sling. I have always waxed it and used mist and wipe. Plus I use spray wax. After a couple times of using mist and wiping, it is not slick any more. My sling never see weather either. With the F11 my sling was slicker, and after I mist and wiped it and it was still slick. I put it on my black wheels wow they were slick and looked brand new. I think I like it. My friend let me borrow is bottle I might buy a gallon for $169 and give it a try and use it all the time. It does not strick like mist and wipe does either, it is zero effort to use.

were di you find gallons for $169?

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• were di you find gallons for $169?

they have been having a 15% off deal. I think it has ended, but I am not sure - to get the 15% you had to use the code LOVE15

• Okay - now I have my answer.

I started a post in the detailing group and asked them to tell me exactly why they considered TopCoat to be a joke. I have received many replies, but the one that truly seems to make the point posted this.

this shows the ingredients in TopCoat other than water. they Are

Polydimethylsiloxane which from what I can find is a silicone oil

and Alcohol Ethoxylates - which seem to be a water soluble solvant

• Anything someone is putting on "everytime" they wash their car for protection should raise a red flag. If its an enhancing product like a glossifier then I agree 100% as it providers 0 protection and comes right off. The products that actually protect the paint, you do not want to keep applying them over and over because they build up and actually make the paint shine less.

Feb.12, 2015 my Sling has never had water on it unless it was raining. With one exception @Ruptured Duck washing the red Georgia clay off of it.

• the other cleaning product I am currently using is Plexus Plastic Cleaner. I use this on my windshield

Just curious what others think of this product and should I be using it on other unpainted plastic parts on my Slingshot

• the other cleaning product I am currently using is Plexus Plastic Cleaner. I use this on my windshield

Just curious what others think of this product and should I be using it on other unpainted plastic parts on my Slingshot

EXCELLENT product. Have used that on my motorcycle windshields for MANY years (including the SS). It can be used on other surfaces if desired...

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• EXCELLENT product. Have used that on my motorcycle windshields for MANY years (including the SS). It can be used on other surfaces if desired...

would you consider using it to clean other areas of the slingshot - like the area in front of the rear tire?

• Probably better choices for that area but it sure wouldn’t hurt anything. Plexus is a little “spendy” for generic cleaning IMHO...

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014