Cleaning Question

• What is the best product you guys and gals have used for cleaning the unpainted(black plastic) areas of the SS like the floor boards, and the sides and back of the sling?

I did a search but all I could come up with was advice on cleaning the belt.

Thanks in advance!

P.S. What is the best way to convince your significant other to do it for you? :evil:

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• For all the black plastic on the inside I just use soap and water if it's not too dirty. Any heavy soiled areas I use diluted simple green and then go back over with clean water.

Semper Fi

"Will Work for MODs!"

• Thanks for the replies guys! I'll try three or two of them and see how they work.

P.S. I notice not one of you even suggested a way to get her to do the work! :thumbsup:

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• Thanks for the replies guys! I'll try three or two of them and see how they work.

P.S. I notice not one of you even suggested a way to get her to do the work! :thumbsup:

The "Her" around here like the Slingshot for a hour ride out to dinner at 75 degrees and 72 degrees home. No Cleaning....

• I'm a fan of just hot water to clean it. Hot as you can stand to put your hand into, and use a clean micro towel to wash with. Works great. I've been using Dual Polymer and it does great on the black plastic and most all other parts too. But I've seen F11, and I think it is better, so I have that for the next cleaning to use on mine. Either is not cheap, but cheap sometimes just won't cut it for the result I want.

As for getting the wife to help, I have several suggestions. However, they should likely be put into the NSFW area.... :00000441::evil:

• I'm a fan of just hot water to clean it. Hot as you can stand to put your hand into, and use a clean micro towel to wash with. Works great. I've been using Dual Polymer and it does great on the black plastic and most all other parts too. But I've seen F11, and I think it is better, so I have that for the next cleaning to use on mine. Either is not cheap, but cheap sometimes just won't cut it for the result I want.

As for getting the wife to help, I have several suggestions. However, they should likely be put into the NSFW area.... :00000441::evil:

Mine still has never had a water hose used on it. Meguiars Quick detail and now F-11. 58,000 miles

• I also use Wizard's quick detailer on mine. I can clean it quick with that when I don't want to take the time with the hot water. I've used Wizard's on my Harleys for a decade. I've used water also, but my 2012 Road King has never seen a water hose either.

• Hey There!
    I always use Prima Nero when cleaning them up here at the shop or events. Check out the link below, it is awesome!

Prima Nero Vinyl/Rubber Protect

• I am using the Top Coat f-11. it seems to work great on all of the Slings surfaces and is the best thing I have tried on the black parts like the glove box. At $60 for a 16oz spray bottle it seems expensive, but if I break it down to the number of times that bottle will do the Sling which other than the first time is less than 1oz per time that isnt bad at all. Consider that people will pay much more just to run their car through a car wash once a week. It has also eliminated the need for several other products I was using before

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• just for kicks this is what my local car wash charges for their three different tiers - kinda makes Top Coat look dang cheep if you ask me :)

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I used top coat on my pickup truck. Applied it with detailing clay...before top coat The $5 no touch car wash didn’t remove all of the dried salt and road dirt...after the top coat the same car wash with a heavy amount of salt and road dirt and the truck was noticeably cleaner. It made a big difference. I can’t wait to apply more coats...

• I've always liked and used the turtle wax ice products in the past. So since getting the slingshot that's all I've really used is their exterior/interior detailer to get off the occasional dirt and dust or after getting caught in the rain. Haven't really had it bad enough to need and do anything other than wipe it down by hand. Tried once to wash wash it with with soap and a water hose but it just seemed more time consuming and less productive than using the spray detailer.

I will say however before reading this thread I had no idea what F11 was. After much reading and research I'm right on the verge of getting some and trying it. Seems to be a lot out there of is it a scam or is it legit but those that like it seem to swear by it. I guess because of the price there doesn't seem to be a lot of people in the middle, they either love it or bash it. Slingshot is garaged and doesn't see a lot of bad weather so I guess if that bottle got me a few coats before it runs dry it may be worth a try.

• I've always liked and used the turtle wax ice products in the past. So since getting the slingshot that's all I've really used is their exterior/interior detailer to get off the occasional dirt and dust or after getting caught in the rain. Haven't really had it bad enough to need and do anything other than wipe it down by hand. Tried once to wash wash it with with soap and a water hose but it just seemed more time consuming and less productive than using the spray detailer.

I will say however before reading this thread I had no idea what F11 was. After much reading and research I'm right on the verge of getting some and trying it. Seems to be a lot out there of is it a scam or is it legit but those that like it seem to swear by it. I guess because of the price there doesn't seem to be a lot of people in the middle, they either love it or bash it. Slingshot is garaged and doesn't see a lot of bad weather so I guess if that bottle got me a few coats before it runs dry it may be worth a try.

I have done my SS 3 times including the rims and still have half a bottle left. I did use the Megairs quick detail first. 25 degrees outside and did not have anything to do.