Slingshots Uncorked II (Fri, Apr 13th 2018, 12:00pm - Sun, Apr 15th 2018, 3:00pm)

Date

Slingshots Uncorked II

Fri, Apr 13th 2018, 11:00 am - Sun, Apr 15th 2018, 2:00 pm

103 2nd St, Clarksville, VA 23927

Participants

16 participants, 45 undecided and 0 do not participate

Closing Date: Apr 13th 2018, 11:00 am
  • yeah but the ride down on Friday looks awful wet lol. that isn't going to be very fun. not down I95.

Well, these weather reports are iffy 10 days out. You can also do 29 south (via 28 for me) to 15 south near Culpeper. 15 South to 58 near the NC border puts you a few miles of your destination. A little bit longer by the clock, but much more pleasant. Almost zero traffic south of Culpeper. If you do the straight line 95/85/58, you will get stuck sucking fumes at 2 mph somewhere.

• Getting close, looking forward to meeting new members of the Slingshot Family for the first time and catching up with old friends.

@MACAWS Hey Mitch if I brought up my new Rear Protection Plate up with me, think we can do an install of it during wrench-night, they say you either have to remove the back panel to install or have the balls to drill with it on and hope you don't hit the gas tank.I can't do the first one alone and the second option scares the crap out of me.

Life is simple ... you're either "Qualified or you're Not'

• Getting close, looking forward to meeting new members of the Slingshot Family for the first time and catching up with old friends.

@MACAWS Hey Mitch if I brought up my new Rear Protection Plate up with me, think we can do an install of it during wrench-night, they say you either have to remove the back panel to install or have the balls to drill with it on and hope you don't hit the gas tank.I can't do the first one alone and the second option scares the crap out of me.

Getting close, looking forward to meeting new members of the Slingshot Family for the first time and catching up with old friends.

Tom

happy to give it a whirl

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

Tom, I installed mine without removing the back panel. I can see why @SlingLow recommends taking it off for liability reasons, but it can be easily done with it on if you are careful and just take your time. I’ll be happy to help with it if I make it down. The weather may scare the misses and I off... :/

• Tom, I installed mine without removing the back panel. I can see why @SlingLow recommends taking it off for liability reasons, but it can be easily done with it on if you are careful and just take your time. I’ll be happy to help with it if I make it down. The weather may scare the misses and I off... :/

I'm sure you can borrow @lrobbi 's trailer. I don't think he takes it out under threat of rain, much less take the slingshot out in such horrid weather. :P

• Weather now looks like mid 70s Friday through Sunday. No rain. We'll see, but that is a perfect forecast - especially given my local forecast of rain & snow this Saturday.

As for @lrobbi 's trailer, I'll let him speak for himself. Wouldn't bet on it. Robbi dude is pretty bad-ass. He ain't gonna be deterred by a few drops of water.

• @lrobbi isn't making this event, I don't believe. This is tax season, and that is his lovely bride's busy time of the year, doing what she does. She did try to tell him to go on without her, but I think he is a smarter man than that! :00008356: Though for selfish reasons, I do wish he'd take her up on that. :00000450: Anyhow, zero doubt he'd let me borrow his trailer, but that's more money than I want to spend fueling the beast to drag the trailer and Sling down there. I'd rather drive the Sling as I'll have extremely limited seat time in the not-to-distant future. :00000450:

• @V-SHOT, @DarkSquid, @A-Team SS, @DJHype and @Bu11sh1t

SlingShots Uncorked is just a week away. I will be hosting a Sling Cleanup and wrench day tomorrow (Sunday) at my shop off of London Bridge Road in Castleton Industrial Park. Anytime after 9:00 am.

The plan for next Friday is to meet at my office on Greenbrier Parkway. We will be leaving for Clarksville at 2:00 pm sharp. 3 hour ride to Clarksville.

Just want to confirm who will be riding down to Clarksville and meeting at my office.

• See you tomorrow, and next Friday!!! Time to get some seat time!!!! :00008040:

• Tom I will be at your shop tomorrow. As for Clarksville I am trying to get an appointment with Brewers Cycles for next Friday. They already have my new Blinker in. I am trying to make Clarksville, I just don't know yet if I will be riding Friday to Brewers or just leaving Saturday morning and meeting you there. I will let you know when I know.

#7Cities1Party....Sun's Out Slingshot's Out.... :thumbup::SLRSS:

• @ethermion weather does look really good in Clarksville for the weekend, and even in Fairfax for you to attend.

Clarksville, Va:

Friday = 77 - temp, 23% chance of interment showers
    Saturday = 72 - temp, 35% chance of interment showers
    Sunday = 71 - temp, 30% chance of interment showers

Fairfax, Va:

Friday = 70 - temp, 16% chance of interment showers
    Saturday = 73 - temp, 25% chance of interment showers
    Sunday = 64 - temp, 35% chance of interment showers

Life is simple ... you're either "Qualified or you're Not'

• I'll join the wagon train at 2pm. I'm pulling it this time and need backing up practice, so be gentle!

• You will have a week to warm up. And do not forget the Sangria that we will consuming on the Bridge. You will be there, I know you are starting to taste that Sangria.

Pfft. Sangria is for breakfast. Full of Vitamin C from the fruits.

I'll be there no matter what. Given that @V-SHOT is buying the wine THIS TIME, I'll walk if I have to.