Slingshots Uncorked II (Fri, Apr 13th 2018, 12:00pm - Sun, Apr 15th 2018, 3:00pm)

Date

Slingshots Uncorked II

Fri, Apr 13th 2018, 11:00 am - Sun, Apr 15th 2018, 2:00 pm

103 2nd St, Clarksville, VA 23927

Participants

16 participants, 45 undecided and 0 do not participate

Closing Date: Apr 13th 2018, 11:00 am
  • 4 hrs in the pouring rain

well like I said I have not popped the rain cherry yet in the slingshot. I used to ride 2 wheels all the time in the rain. I have had a few people tell me so far that the slingshot cant handle the rain and that it loses control way too easily, so that implanted hesitation, not fear lol. we are coming and will be driving home on sunday come hell or high water.

• OK

I am working on a plan B will post it tomorrow after I take care of a few details
    I will not let ya'all down Promise

Of course you wouldn't let us down. Not in your DNA. Everything is going to be great, as usual. I'm not worried.

Worst case, I arrive of 4 wheels. I can figure out the rain if I want to, but my lovely bride hasn't had the butt pucker rain experience. Not sure I want to deal with rain AND a freaked out passenger for a couple of hours. We have had seat time together with misting to light rain, and it turned out okay. But my local forecast says 1-2" Sunday to Monday morning. No reason to believe they know anything so far out, but it is suggestive of more than a summer squall. We shall see. I guess I could put my lovely bride on a bus if I had to. Is there a Greyhound terminal in Clarksville?

So, my plan is
    Today install new rear tire, fudge up hood pads, recharge helmet comms.
    Tonight wash the beast.
    Tomorrow morning, wash the beast again.
    Tomorrow night, pack, testing 3 different configurations.
    Friday a.m., contact neighbor @Hernandeves5 to convoy. Contact @BatPower to make sure he is launching on schedule.
    Go pee.
    A wee bit before noon, head for @DocG, then on to Clarksville via scenic route.
    This is a plan that WILL come together.

Starting to get excited about this.

• This is my proposed plan B - however I have been of of town and need to make arrangements today to wrap it up

Friday - plans are unchanged / food is ordered / giveaway stuff is here

Saturday - @Designer is going to work up a morning ride leaving Clarksville at 9 - 9:30 am getting us back on the bridge for the wine festival around 11:30 (this is the part I need to clear with the town) - Wine festival 12pm - 4pm - then you guys can grab some food freshen up and all are welcome to come down to the Flying Pig Ranch

Sunday - as of today the forecast has moved the rain to noon - so if we skip the ride and brunch most anyone who needs to head north can get out early and beat the rain. For those of you hanging around we can discuss a plan.

I hope this is an acceptable compromise - sorry I been dancing in the field for a week now and haven't done much to change the weather

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• well like I said I have not popped the rain cherry yet in the slingshot. I used to ride 2 wheels all the time in the rain. I have had a few people tell me so far that the slingshot cant handle the rain and that it loses control way too easily, so that implanted hesitation, not fear lol. we are coming and will be driving home on sunday come hell or high water.

I have ridden an a lot in the rain and the Slingshot handles great, just ensure your tires aren't slick and don't ride near the curbs where water pools and drive like a NORMAL person for a while till you get where your going and slow down a bit.

Life is simple ... you're either "Qualified or you're Not'

• The @ethermion I know does not wash his Slingshot!! He drives the piss out of it!!! :00008356:

If I don't wash the beast twice, lovely bride will not get in it. If the weather was warmer, and we had more time, it could get a bikini wash from the bride. But not in the cards this time.

I will wash tonight before bride gets home, then get her assessment of my miserable effort. Then tomorrow I will attempt to correct my errors. Might even have to use soap.

Not 100% sure why, but my beast tends to look like I just went muddin'.

• If I don't wash the beast twice, lovely bride will not get in it. If the weather was warmer, and we had more time, it could get a bikini wash from the bride. But not in the cards this time.
    I will wash tonight before bride gets home, then get her assessment of my miserable effort. Then tomorrow I will attempt to correct my errors. Might even have to use soap.

Not 100% sure why, but my beast tends to look like I just went muddin'.

:00008356::00008172:

She makes you a better man!

See you soon, Sir!

• OK FOLKS WE OFFICIALY GOING WITH PLAN "B"

FRIDAY, APRIL 13 – Welcome Dinner, 6pm

Join us for a Welcome Dinner BBQ at in the Conference Center of the Magnuson Hotel that’s fully sponsored for you courtesy of the Clarksville Economic Development Association and the Magnuson Hotel.

SATURDAY, APRIL 14

Newly scheduled morning ride - Rally up at 9:00am in the parking lot of Hardee's 916 Virginia Ave .
    We will return to town approximately 11:30 and enter the bridge from the east side. If for any reason you do not join the ride you can meet us in the parking lot of the Sunco Gas station.

Annual Lake Country Wine Festival, Noon – 5pm

http://clarksvilleva.com/festi…ksville-va-wine-festival/

The Wine Festival will be held on the bridge that spans Buggs Island Kerr Lake. Slingshots are exclusively invited to park on the bridge inside the Wine Festival to display your pride and joy to all and enjoy the spectacular views from your vantage point above the lake. ($30 Taster/$15 Non-Taster at the Gate).

Colette has been tasked with enforcing ticket purchases for anyone who did not take advantage of the advanced sales. You need to have either a taster or non taster band to be on the bridge.

SATURDAY EVENING - Bonfire & Wrench Night, 8pm

Join us at the Flying Pig Ranch for a night of wrenching, sitting by the fire and telling lies.

SUNDAY, APRIL 15 – BACK COUNTRY ADVENTURE TO BRUNCH, 10am _ will call this based on weather Sunday Morning - Not giving up just yet.

We’ll traverse some great twisty country roads on a ride that ends with a great buffet brunch at Charlie’s Waterfront Café and Wine Bar in Farmville, VA

http://www.charleyswaterfront.com/brunch.html

Looking forward to seeing you all

Mitch

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• :00008356::00008172:

She makes you a better man!

See you soon, Sir!

You have met my wife (many times). 16 years for us. Why she sticks with me, dunno. But, yes, you are 100% correct, she makes me a better man.

See you soon indeed! Re-attaching hood pads at the moment - with craft glue. 2x sided Gorilla Tape didn't work - so much for a permanent bond to anything. Guessing I'll still need a session at the Pig Garage.

• Not 100% sure why, but my beast tends to look like I just went muddin'.

I did go muddin' unintentionally! Friend and I were cemetery searching in Florida. Dirt road with irrigation overshooting the crops leaving nice patch of mud clear across the road. I still don't have it all off so car wash for me Friday in Clarksville!

• I did go muddin' unintentionally! Friend and I were cemetery searching in Florida. Dirt road with irrigation overshooting the crops leaving nice patch of mud clear across the road. I still don't have it all off so car wash for me Friday in Clarksville!

If you need help detailing that hot rod just give me a shout!

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!