water temp sensor-oil pressure sensor- and maybe oil temp sensor

• I would like to install at least a water temp gauge and an oil pressure gauge. Possibly an oil temperature gauge also, but not as important to me as the other two gauges.

Any suggestions as to the placement of the sensors in the engine? Pictures would be helpful also. I am thinking of going digital gauge with electric sensors. Comments welcome on that choice too.

More dreaming while I wait on the nation wide back ordered motor mount. I even stopped by the dealership to get a look at my Slingshot and to purchase some new seats. Went with the "Velocity Street Sport Seats" in Red Pearl. Hope to reduce the size of that headrest hump to make wearing a helmet more comfortable.

If you get hit, it's because you were there.

• If you can use mechanical gauges I think you will be much happier
    I run a full set of digital gauges and when the sun is behind you it washes them out so bad you can not see them.

Water temp you can get an in line mount for a radiator hose.
    Oil can go on the back of the head but that will give you lower pressure readings.

As for mounting the gauges DDM has a nice 2 gauge mount that goes on the windshield post
    Or you can do something like this - there are a few versions

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Thank you. This thread makes things easier. I admit, I was a bit lazy and only searched a little. Sometimes it is easier to ask for help. I have yet to see anyone be scolded for not putting more effort in their search.

I continue to be amazed by this community, how helpful and generous you all are!!

If you get hit, it's because you were there.

• We are also finishing up some instructions for boost gauge and wide band gauge installations now that will be slingshot specific, Jeff already has those started. Later this week, we hope to have oil pressure and water temperature installation instructions also finished up with "kits" specific for the Slingshot. We are using the AEM gauges since they are the closest looking to the stock Slingshot gauges and can be illuminated in blue also.

Hope that helps,
    Dave

• We are also finishing up some instructions for boost gauge and wide band gauge installations now that will be slingshot specific, Jeff already has those started. Later this week, we hope to have oil pressure and water temperature installation instructions also finished up with "kits" specific for the Slingshot. We are using the AEM gauges since they are the closest looking to the stock Slingshot gauges and can be illuminated in blue also.

Hope that helps,
    Dave

Oh yes it helps now if you would only make a really nice 3 gauge cluster for the dash - My life would be great!
    Needs to shade the gauges so the sun doesn't wash them out..........

signed
    product request department

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!