EVENT CANCELED -- DDM Works TRack Day at Roebling Road Raceway

• I'd be good with that! Though I'm still trying to see if I can figure a way to make it out there!!

You would love the track - different than Summit Point - no elevation or carousel but very wide track long straight and best of all it is all ours for the day (2) 20 minute sessions per hour from 8 to 5

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• You would love the track - different than Summit Point - no elevation or carousel but very wide track long straight and best of all it is all ours for the day (2) 20 minute sessions per hour from 8 to 5

Oh I have no doubt. What's killing me is the cost!!

Track Day ~ $300
    Hotel Stay - $300 (Arrive Sunday - Leave Tuesday Morning)
    Food ------- $200
    Fuel ------- $200 (1200 miles round trip + a day of fuel at the track)

I'm sure there will be other incidental costs, but I'm already looking at a $1000 track day... :(

• Still cheaper that hookers and cocaine?

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Yeah, and think how many local cops you could convince to look the other way with that same $ amount so you could drive your local roads like a track, and then you'd get to eat at home and sleep in your own bed...

• Yeah, and think how many local cops you could convince to look the other way with that same $ amount so you could drive your local roads like a track, and then you'd get to eat at home and sleep in your own bed...

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• Yeah, I'm with Rocky.

I can do Summit for almost 1/4 of that, and can do it in one day.

As for a bonus for being last, I have 4 track days without passing anyone. I'm good at that. I also haven't eaten any dirt (hmm, who could they be), I haven't mowed the grass (who could that be), I haven't kissed any stationary objects (only one of those, but that was an ouchy). So, I should be in the running. But that is just the track day fee. It is also travel, time, gas, bunking, groceries, liquor. Hookers and blow are part of the average daily budget, so I'm cool there.

Seriously, this isn't making sense from Northern Virginia. If I have the jones for a spirited ride, I can dig up @dharmab. Ride like the wind, vomit on the side of the road, and be home in 90 minutes. Been there, survived that. In some ways, more fun than track day. Worse than track day for tires, though.

• Just spoke to someone who said there was an accident last week. A Porsche GT4 was overtaking heading into turn one and lost control. Heard it was bad so make sure you guys stay safe.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

Edited once, last by Ruptured Duck ().

• Bad vibes, dude.

Track day is always a risk. Be sane, and you will be fine. Understand that track day is NOT a race, you should be fine. When your tummy starts going "uh, oh", back off, you should be fine.

Track day, done properly, is a blast.

• Bad vibes, dude.

Track day is always a risk. Be sane, and you will be fine. Understand that track day is NOT a race, you should be fine. When your tummy starts going "uh, oh", back off, you should be fine.

As I said before, track day was the most fun I have had in a long-long time

• Bad vibes, dude.

very sorry wasn't the intent to put a bad vibe thing on it.. I have edited the post. Was just mentioning it to the group that was out there the last time. Thought it would be a relevant topic. Also the note that we should always be safe rather than pushing the boundaries.
    Don't think there was a single person there last time that didn't understand the risk. We are all grown and in the same breath old enough to appreciate the news for what it is.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

Edited 2 times, last by Ruptured Duck ().

• If it is true, it is certainly news that anyone running on a track day should be made aware of the details. It could affect any one of us. The knowledge of what has happened could be the very important information that avoids a repeat .

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info