After market head unit install but no speaker sound

• hey guys! I bought an after market head unit with the Scosche wire harness and I am having a little problem. The head unit turns on, the back up camera works and everything seems fine except there is no sound from the speakers. I tried the radio, Android car play, and a USB stick and no sound at all. Am I missing something here? It seems the speakers get their connection from the radio module behind the GUI interface. (That giant 36 pin harness) i can plug the USB stick into glove box and get the speakers to work but nothing with the new head unit. Any ideas guys? Is there another harness I need? Any help is appreciated. Head unit is a 10.1 Android double din from Eincar.

• There are smarter minds when it comes to this, but sounds like you may need to remove for some troubleshooting.

Something to try... Testing unit without harness... Or... It may just be a faulty unit.

Does the manual mention anything about turning sound on? Odd that is works with USB plug. :huh:

• hey guys! I bought an after market head unit with the Scosche wire harness and I am having a little problem. The head unit turns on, the back up camera works and everything seems fine except there is no sound from the speakers. I tried the radio, Android car play, and a USB stick and no sound at all. Am I missing something here? It seems the speakers get their connection from the radio module behind the GUI interface. (That giant 36 pin harness) i can plug the USB stick into glove box and get the speakers to work but nothing with the new head unit. Any ideas guys? Is there another harness I need? Any help is appreciated. Head unit is a 10.1 Android double din from Eincar.

Pics might help. Especially of the wiring connections between the new head unit and the speakers. Since you say you get sound suing the original amp & a USB stick, but not from the new head unit, it sounds like there is no connection between the new head unit and the speakers. Do you have a wiring diagram for the factory unit to compare to the new head unit to ensure connections are properly done? The pics may us give a better idea of how you have everything hooked up.

• Well guys I think I misinterpreted what the Scosche harness does. I thought it supplied the speakers as well through its integraton but it is only to power the radio and connect the OEM camera. I called Scosche and they told me they only tested their harnesses out on non speaker cars. This confused me a little because it is made for OEM camera integration and if you have a camera, you have speakers. The gentleman was adamant that there were no speaker connection on it (Which makes sense). I ended up splicing into the 36 pin plug that goes to the control module for the radio. Everything works fine now but it was just a headache to go back and forth with it. Hopefully this helps the next guy.

• There is a 36-pin wire harness that I purchased so I don’t have to splice into the connections, however now my speakers sound weird.