2018 Slingshot Grand Touring LE

• I got a chance to see the Slingshade in person, at my "new" dealer last week, opening a warranty claim. (Last one standing in decent driving proximity.) They had one on a blue showroom model. The thing was cracked by the inside of the passenger roof panel hinges, and the drivers side latch would not engage. In addition, the latch was flimsy! SO not impressed! From construction, they are best suited for a garage queen- not for real driving conditions, IMO

• I got a chance to see the Slingshade in person, at my "new" dealer last week, opening a warranty claim. (Last one standing in decent driving proximity.) They had one on a blue showroom model. The thing was cracked by the inside of the passenger roof panel hinges, and the drivers side latch would not engage. In addition, the latch was flimsy! SO not impressed! From construction, they are best suited for a garage queen- not for real driving conditions, IMO

That was my thought when I saw it in person at the dealership, as well. I think my wife disliked it more than I did. I also have fitment issues due to my height. I will say that when it is locked in place, it is a whole lot sturdier.

• I hate the black wheels on it. They don't pop or get noticed in any way... It should look a LOT BETTER for $30K. And although I love the look of the sling shade, there are definitely some issues. One of them being they made it 3 inches too low and attach down the role hoops and not at the top. What were they thinking? My new seats are 1 inch higher and I think it blows out the ability to put one on mine. I also have a bit of an issue with my head up in the "bubble" where if I go around a corner to fast, I'm going to hit my helmet on something either way I turn.

:00000436:
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose. - Bill Gates

• As someone who is currently on the fence when it comes to purchasing a SS, I am kind of relieved that this new SS being offered does not interest me. I am pretty much sold on the SLR LE. I like the total package better than this one. I was afraid that Polaris would do something crazy like offer a factory turbo and jack the price up to the $35k range. I would want the turbo, but at that price point, I would be torn between a SS and a 5.0 Mustang.

Send lawyers, guns and money!

• As someone who is currently on the fence when it comes to purchasing a SS, I am kind of relieved that this new SS being offered does not interest me. I am pretty much sold on the SLR LE. I like the total package better than this one. I was afraid that Polaris would do something crazy like offer a factory turbo and jack the price up to the $35k range. I would want the turbo, but at that price point, I would be torn between a SS and a 5.0 Mustang.

If you want quality, comfort, resale value then by the mustang but if you want something totally unique, a total blast to drive, something with an futuristic style and something that you can mod 9 ways from Sunday, and something everyone wants to go for a ride in then buy a Slingshot. jes my .o2

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

Get the sling you want and put what you want on it. I got the LE version for 2017 because I liked the color. I've ripped half the crap out of it and put it back together, so probably should have gone with the base... but then I'd have to paint it a midnight cherry LOL. @Bill from Hahn RaceCraft has a group buy going now on the board for the turbo... hopefully 20% off, so customize the crap out of it... that is what my wife tells me ALL THE TIME... or I think she says that.

Hahn SST TurboSystem Group Buy

:00000436:
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose. - Bill Gates

• I built one on their website just for grins and giggles. I think I was better off giving 25k for my 2017 and spend another 7k (so far) on mods than to dish out 35k for the one I built on the website. I have heard to many bad things about their top to want one.

LC

• I built one on their website just for grins and giggles. I think I was better off giving 25k for my 2017 and spend another 7k (so far) on mods than to dish out 35k for the one I built on the website. I have heard to many bad things about their top to want one.

LC

It’s a matter of taste as is any mod. I love the Slingshade and so do the lookiloos. I haven’t had any issues except the cat falling through the “sunroof” when it walked on it. At first I was concerned about the Velocity seats being higher but I’ve managed OK. I expect this summer will tell the tale. So far I’ve passed 12,000.00 in mods without the costly HP upgrade. I’m addicted!

Sent from my iPad using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

• It’s a matter of taste as is any mod. I love the Slingshade and so do the lookiloos. I haven’t had any issues except the cat falling through the “sunroof” when it walked on it. At first I was concerned about the Velocity seats being higher but I’ve managed OK. I expect this summer will tell the tale. So far I’ve passed 12,000.00 in mods without the costly HP upgrade. I’m addicted!

Sent from my iPad using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

I'll keep my modded base. I'm afraid to even add of $$$ on mods. If something happens, just tell Marlene not to sell it for what I told her I spent... Wait, she wouldn't sell it anyway, she'd just go drive faster and have more to spend on it.

I like to see the grey coming back in fashion, but I've enjoyed having the extremely limited edition Titanium.

Alpha Supercharger is still spinning fine... it gets rode hard, every time.

• Pretty much what I thought it would be. This is what was supposed to be released before, but the Slingshade had issues and they dropped it. Now that they have released the Slingshade (notice I didn't say fixed all the issues) it only makes sense that they would have a model that come with it. The lines from a distance look decent, and the color match is a plus. Build quality and the fact that we like running ours topless are problems that would stop it ever being a purchase for me.

If I were to pony up the $$ for something in this range and style for a top, I'd go with the Twist Dynamics Stinger Top. Less cost, better build quality, color matched. Can run slower speed with top up and pulls air down on you on those hot days in slower traffic. Easy to get into and out of. Can pull the pins and reverse it so that you can run it with a topless feel, or remove the top (other than the center support) entirely for the ride. I've looked at @Bu11sh1ts and @V-SHOTs, and I like it best of all the permanent mounted ones by a long shot. My next SS may include one, or I may end up with one for the Sling we have now. For the time being (wife likes the SS best without top) I'm happy with the MeanSling Sport Top. We can choose and change easily from having a top to none with very little effort.