2016 Slingshot headlights...

• ok, so I know there was a change in 2017 so you couldn't just move the center lights to the outside. I thought I saw in the 2016 you were able to pull them from the middle then move them to the outside with no additional hardware? Anyone know if this is a real thing? I search on the other site and here and must have just not seen it.

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...

• ok, so I know there was a change in 2017 so you couldn't just move the center lights to the outside. I thought I saw in the 2016 you were able to pull them from the middle then move them to the outside with no additional hardware? Anyone know if this is a real thing? I search on the other site and here and must have just not seen it.

ok, so I know there was a change in 2017 so you couldn't just move the center lights to the outside. I thought I saw in the 2016 you were able to pull them from the middle then move them to the outside with no additional hardware? Anyone know if this is a real thing? I search on the other site and here and must have just not seen it.

I have never heard of doing that, I bought the Canadian in Maggie Valley from Noel and he installed in 2015.

• You must purchase the Canadian Headlight kit from SlingMods. The 2017 does not have the pop out plug where the headlights go. The kit will come with New bezels and 2 headlights. Pain in the butt to install, so if you do it let us know. The headlight adjusters can be a joy to remove.

• You must purchase the Canadian Headling kit from SlingMods. The 2017 does not have the pop out plug where the headlights go. The kit will cone with New bezels and 2 headlights. Pain in the butt to install, so if you do it let us know. The headlight adjusters can be a joy to remove.

For those wondering what a “headling” is, here you go... (Sorry Tom, couldn’t help myself :D )

From Middle English hedling, hevedling, from Old English hēafodling (“an equal, fellow-servant”), equivalent to head +‎ -ling. Cognate with GermanHäuptling (“chief, chieftain”).
    NounEdit
    headling (plural headlings)

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• You must purchase the Canadian Headlight kit from SlingMods. The 2017 does not have the pop out plug where the headlights go. The kit will come with New bezels and 2 headlights. Pain in the butt to install, so if you do it let us know. The headlight adjusters can be a joy to remove.

Fixed it @Tripod. Thanks for proof reading it for me.

• @Br4hm4, I remember a thread about that on the slingshotforums.com site... But I think it was a 2015.

The center lights of the 2016 or maybe 2017 did change and look like the outer lights so maybe that is possible, but not sure if there's a thread on it.

@gpcustoms might know more since I believe he's recently removed his center lights for the cold air intake he was working on...?

And so did @Ice9812!

• In Washington the center lights must always be on as it is licensed as a motorcycle and that is one of the requirements. Is it different in other states? You would be subject to ticket/impoundment without them here.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• In Washington the center lights must always be on as it is licensed as a motorcycle and that is one of the requirements. Is it different in other states? You would be subject to ticket/impoundment without them here.

it would be interesting then if any Canadian model passed through because we have no lights in that location.

• I have a 2015 so I removed the center lights and I retrofitted a set of projectors in and had the lenses etched with the slingshot logo. I did buy a set of 2016 center lights from Ebay but I never tried to see if they would fit the mounting bracket.

• I have a 2015 so I removed the center lights and I retrofitted a set of projectors in and had the lenses etched with the slingshot logo. I did buy a set of 2016 center lights from Ebay but I never tried to see if they would fit the mounting bracket.

Do you remember what projectors you used to replace the outer headlights and what you had to do to make them fit?

• SlingMods sells the kits to add the Canadian headlights to the 2017 and newer SlingShots. The 2016.5 and older do not require the kit. All years prior to 2017 have a removable plug so you can install the Canadian lights. No additional wiring is needed.

Many States have laws that do not allow more than 4 forward facing lights to be on at any one time. 2 headlights, and when you engage HiBeam that would count as 4 lights. 2 low beam and 2 high beam. If your vehicle has Fog lights or driving lights they must automatically cancel when Hi Beams are activated. This law applies to cars/trucks and not motor cycles and is part of the reason we can get away with adding Canadian lights to our Slings.

• SlingMods sells the kits to add the Canadian headlights to the 2017 and newer SlingShots. The 2016.5 and older do not require the kit. All years prior to 2017 have a removable plug so you can install the Canadian lights. No additional wiring is needed.

Many States have laws that do not allow more than 4 forward facing lights to be on at any one time. 2 headlights, and when you engage HiBeam that would count as 4 lights. 2 low beam and 2 high beam. If your vehicle has Fog lights or driving lights they must automatically cancel when Hi Beams are activated. This law applies to cars/trucks and not motor cycles and is part of the reason we can get away with adding Canadian lights to our Slings.

Counting the fog lights, I am running eight full time. No problems in South Carolina or anywhere else yet.