New! Ripper Windshield Mount by DDMWorks

• The ripper windshields that were installed by Polaris on the Slingshot looked great, but had no support. We have had a lot of customers ask us for a windshield mount made specifically for them, since the stock mounts will not work. Our new ripper windshield mount is made specifically for the ripper windshield and not only gives you points to mount different accessories to, but also stabilizes the windshield to keep it from vibrating at speed. It has the same cable routing options that our standard windshield mount has, comes with a stainless steel base for mounting and also stainless steel mounting hardware.

This mount is for the ripper windshield only, the tall and short version are not compatible with this mount.

Price is $105 for the full kit with mount, mounting plate and all hardware and can be ordered below on our site or through any of our vendors -

DDMWorks Mount for Ripper Windshields

• Nice pic, Dave! LOL

If anyone has any questions about this, I've been using it for a couple weeks. Happy to answer questions. Unless Dave just wants me to add my observations to this thread here.

@KayTwo

I’m interested in your observations on this windshield brace plz sir.

⛄️

Michael West
    Gainesville Ga.
    404-401-0841

:SLRSS::COLDAIRSS::MOTOROILSS: :OILFILTERSS: :00008862::00008698:

:00000436::00000436::00000436:

• Feel free to share your observations anytime!
    Thanks,
    Dave

Sorry this has taken me a couple of days. Here are a few things: ( @MWSlingshot )

- Brace is well made, smooth lines, good neutral black.

- Aesthetically, it took me a while to get used to having the brace there in my line of sight and losing that "open space" on my dash. Just a me thing. However, if you like having stuff mounted, this one has a ton more options of places to mount your gadgets.

- It pushes the flat line of the windshield top out into a slight bow. That also took me a while to get used to, because I've been so used to the straight top. I'm honestly not sure how I feel about the curve, but that's mostly just me being stupid in my head, because I look over the top of the windshield anyway.

- Also, this may or may not be in my head as well, but it seems like I am getting a skosh more wind in my face, which might be attributed to the new outward curve in the windshield pushing the air to the sides a little before it goes up over the shield, instead of just going up over the middle of the previously flat/straight windshield. Who the hell knows.

- This one is definitely not in my head. Around 4000 rpm or so (and I don't know exactly because I don't hang out at 4000, I'm usually on my way to somewhere else), I get a little vibration in the windshield that chatters against the brace. I can't see it, but I can hear it just briefly. That's been fixed by the addition of a little rubber stick-on piece at the top of the brace where the windshield rests against it, so there should be no more issues.

As far as I know, I didn't have the cracking that necessitated the creation of this brace, but I'll gladly leave this brace installed if it prevents the cracking issue. Looks-wise, I don't mind it, and if I can get past the new curve in my windshield, it shouldn't be a problem at all.

Hope this helps someone!

• - This one is definitely not in my head. Around 4000 rpm or so (and I don't know exactly because I don't hang out at 4000, I'm usually on my way to somewhere else), I get a little vibration in the windshield that chatters against the brace. I can't see it, but I can hear it just briefly. That's been fixed by the addition of a little rubber stick-on piece at the top of the brace where the windshield rests against it, so there should be no more issues.

When Jeff installed the one on yours it did not have the rubber pad that we have on all of the production mounts, thats what you get for sneaking in while I wasn't here. ;)

• - Also, this may or may not be in my head as well, but it seems like I am getting a skosh more wind in my face, which might be attributed to the new outward curve in the windshield pushing the air to the sides a little before it goes up over the shield, instead of just going up over the middle of the previously flat/straight windshield. Who the hell knows.

I forget... what windscreen do you have??

I wonder if my Air Wings would fit to redirect some of that?? You could try them in Greenville when we see you next month. :thumbup:

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you...
    Signature.png

• I forget... what windscreen do you have??
    I wonder if my Air Wings would fit to redirect some of that?? You could try them in Greenville when we see you next month. :thumbup:

I was going to suggest he try my air wings when we see each other in Greenville but you beat me to it.

Michael West
    Gainesville Ga.
    404-401-0841

:SLRSS::COLDAIRSS::MOTOROILSS: :OILFILTERSS: :00008862::00008698:

:00000436::00000436::00000436:

• I was going to suggest he try my air wings when we see each other in Greenville but you beat me to it.

@ericastar76, since this brace is specifically for Ripper windshields, I would assume I have a Ripper. Which I do. :P

And if either you or @MWSlingshot are willing to let me do a little driving with the Air Wings, that would be greatly appreciated. I have been looking at those, but because I sit so high up, I wasn't sure if it would really make that much of a difference since I get a lot of breeze over the top anyway.

• @ericastar76, since this brace is specifically for Ripper windshields, I would assume I have a Ripper. Which I do. :P
    And if either you or @MWSlingshot are willing to let me do a little driving with the Air Wings, that would be greatly appreciated. I have been looking at those, but because I sit so high up, I wasn't sure if it would really make that much of a difference since I get a lot of breeze over the top anyway.

LOL... I should have been more specific. Not all rippers are the same.

Some have notches in the middle:

Some don’t:

I’m looking at this from an airflow perspective (and forgot what you had) ~> and yes, I just realized you’re Avatar clearly shows which one! :S

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you...
    Signature.png