MeanSling Hoop Bags are back and improved.

• Our all new MeanSling Hoop Bags just hit the warehouse and are ready to ship. We were backorder while we made sure the requested improvements were made and tested but now have inventory ready to ship.

Upgrades.
    . New smaller color neutral logo
    . New weather block zipper flap
    . New upper Velcro securing strap
    . New smoother zipper pull action

Will now work with Twisted Tops as well as the MeanSling Sport Top.

http://www.meansling.com
    p/n: 1004

• @'Ruptured Duck - here is the only pic I have right now. Is it helpful?

yes. The new bags have an additional top strap to allow them to mount to the top bar of the top rather than the hoop.
    You are good to go sir.
    It also should clear the antenna you have mounted as well. But without seeing it in person I can't say 100% for sure.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• I too am Canadian, and when ordering from the US (when I am in Canada) I use a business in the nearest US border town that receives and holds packages for pickup. Usually costs $5 or $10. However if you do not live near the border, the cost of their fee plus the cost of going to get the package will likely outweigh the additional costs of shipping directly to you. Perhaps MeanSling will ship to you using USPS (generally the cheapest but not quickest way). The cost definitely will be more than the $13 I paid last evening to have them shipped within the US. Good luck.

• I too am Canadian, and when ordering from the US (when I am in Canada) I use a business in the nearest US border town that receives and holds packages for pickup. Usually costs $5 or $10. However if you do not live near the border, the cost of their fee plus the cost of going to get the package will likely outweigh the additional costs of shipping directly to you. Perhaps MeanSling will ship to you using USPS (generally the cheapest but not quickest way). The cost definitely will be more than the $13 I paid last evening to have them shipped within the US. Good luck.

Just confirming what @lowlander has said @soluga, as we discussed regarding the rear protection plates. I still need to confirm that cost for you for two plates, but it has run about $34.50 for the single plates I have shipped there through USPS. UPS is cheaper in the states but is much higher to Canada for some reason. @Chowder did have me ship his to Niagara Falls, NY as he lives nearby. I don't know if he used a business or friend's address.

The MeanSling bags are nice and I'm looking forward to using my new set. If I can ship a set to you along with the plates for no, or little extra charge, I'd be willing to do that for you, but I'm guessing you can work something out directly with @Ruptured Duck/MeanSling.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• @lowlander Thank you for the information. I did hear about guys in Canada shipping to a border town and then picking it up. As i live on an island it would take a bit of time to travel to the US to pick these up so i have been getting things sent along directly. I recently bought into Bills Turbo group buy perhaps thats something i do for that purchase.

@SlingLow Thank you very much for offering to do that for me but to make it less complicated i will see if@'Ruptured Duck' can send these directly to me if he can.

Just joined this forum about two weeks ago and the people and the information are amazing.

• @lowlander Thank you for the information. I did hear about guys in Canada shipping to a border town and then picking it up. As i live on an island it would take a bit of time to travel to the US to pick these up so i have been getting things sent along directly. I recently bought into Bills Turbo group buy perhaps thats something i do for that purchase.

@SlingLow Thank you very much for offering to do that for me but to make it less complicated i will see if@'Ruptured Duck' can send these directly to me if he can.

Just joined this forum about two weeks ago and the people and the information are amazing.

@soluga let me look into what we can do. It has more with the website invoicing than anything else. We use USPS for the bags but will need to rework the automated system first. Send me a PM so that we can see how to proceed.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• Will these bags work with the SSV roll hoop speaker pods installed?

@Live-a-Little! they will work but as you know the pods do protrude further out than the stock trim. @MACAWS has the bags with the speaker pods so he might be able too supply a better response.
    If you zoom in on this picture you can kind of see where the bags rest when secured. Stock trim does not touch.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• @Live-a-Little!
    I have the original bags and when I tested them they looked to work just fine. I haven't had a chance to use them since I bought them. But I can tell you they are the best option if you are looking for something that is not permeant. If you are worried about the finish on the pods you can always use a micro fiber towel under the bag. I think with the changes made to the new version they may even sit higher than the originals

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Another option with the speaker pods are my luggage racks which clear the pods by 3/16". I plan to use my MeanSling bags on top of the luggage racks which will obviously prevent contact with the pods and still allow the bags to attach to the hoops.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Just confirming what @lowlander has said @soluga, as we discussed regarding the rear protection plates. I still need to confirm that cost for you for two plates, but it has run about $34.50 for the single plates I have shipped there through USPS. UPS is cheaper in the states but is much higher to Canada for some reason. @Chowder did have me ship his to Niagara Falls, NY as he lives nearby. I don't know if he used a business or friend's address.
    The MeanSling bags are nice and I'm looking forward to using my new set. If I can ship a set to you along with the plates for no, or little extra charge, I'd be willing to do that for you, but I'm guessing you can work something out directly with @Ruptured Duck/MeanSling.

I have a postal outlet that I ship to in NY and just pick it up from there. They charge by the package ($5) but cheaper than most shippers flat fees for importing.