Prayers needed for the Beach Boy!!!

• REAL BUMMER TODAY!!! Dr said infection was going down but I need another week of antibiotics to completely kill it. That will make a month in the hospital - like I said bone infections ain’t no joke - don’t EVER get one!!

Hey councillor! Its time to stop the plea deal and go for the win!
    Just remember that Saturday magic starts to happen on your road to Slinging again.

• Maybe if you took better care of your boner and used it more, you wouldn't get an infection...
    Wait, what were we talking about?

Keep healing up, brother Bill.

Damn diabetes has went after my Toes and Teeth - so far it has left my Testicles alone - Thank God for small favors ;(:00008172:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• REAL BUMMER TODAY!!! Dr said infection was going down but I need another week of antibiotics to completely kill it. That will make a month in the hospital - like I said bone infections ain’t no joke - don’t EVER get one!!

They say laughter is the best medicine, which is bullshit, morphine is the best. So if they won't give you morphine I guess laughter will have to do. Hang in there.

• Nothing good. Infection is not cleared up as hoped. I'm back on the antibiotics that give me the side effects. Since they had to downgrade my pain meds due to drug interactions, I just decreased their intervals so pains are no longer a major issue and are almost tolerable. They had an issue with anyone med causing major serious issues with the heart med they put me one. The pharmacy didn't want to fill the order. The doctor said only taking a couple pills "SHOULDN'T" be an issue, and said to release them to me. I took them, so we'll see who's correct - or at least I hope I'll see if the doctor is correct

It's going to be an interesting weekend and I see the doctor again Monday

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• I know I have received more than my share of well wishes and prayers. Bill Martin and Brenda could also use some as well. But while Bill and I have had a horrible start to 2018, Brenda has had a bad 2017 and more. Plus what happened to V-Shot through all this? Is he home and doing well? I know he didn't have a fun end to 2017, so I hope his 2018 is a better one

People, we all need to stay health and enjoy life to the fullest. Live every day like it's going to be your last. One day you will be right

• I know I have received more than my share of well wishes and prayers. Bill Martin and Brenda could also use some as well. But while Bill and I have had a horrible start to 2018, Brenda has had a bad 2017 and more. Plus what happened to V-Shot through all this? Is he home and doing well? I know he didn't have a fun end to 2017, so I hope his 2018 is a better one

People, we all need to stay health and enjoy life to the fullest. Live every day like it's going to be your last. One day you will be right

@V-SHOT is still healing, although he has been released for work at this point. I know he's been doing pretty good, as he's been helping @av8ingtom get his trailer ready for Maggie Valley. @A-Team SS has spent a fair amount of time there also. I know there are several of us that would like to be within a short commute so we could help also. I mean, @av8ingtom has been picking up Jersey Mike's subs many of those evenings.....

• @V-SHOT is still healing, although he has been released for work at this point. I know he's been doing pretty good, as he's been helping @av8ingtom get his trailer ready for Maggie Valley. @A-Team SS has spent a fair amount of time there also. I know there are several of us that would like to be within a short commute so we could help also. I mean, @av8ingtom has been picking up Jersey Mike's subs many of those evenings.....

Hey @funinthesun, I'm on the mend, as we speak. It's a little slow going right now, but I'm getting there. @av8ingtom has a trailer project going on right now. Working with him is doing more good for me than Physical Therapy. He keeps me in check and makes sure I don't over do it, though.
    True, there are a few of us on the forum that have received our fair share of well wishes. These folks are better than family!!! And their concerns are truly genuine! I will continue to send mine and Velma's hope that all of our extended family continues their recovery in a positive way!!! :thumbup:
    Here's to hoping 2018 brings us all some better times, better riding, and better health!! :thumbsup:

• Oh, I will be there. I REALLY don't want to jinx anything, but I had another good night last night. Only woke up once after a 4 1/2 hours sleep and didn't need any pain meds (great improvement) and it was followed by another 3 1/2 hours. I can't remember the last time I had 8 hours of sleep. I'm not sure if that means anything bad, but I'm choosing to take as being something good. I see the doctor again this morning and we'll see what happens. I'm really hoping to be cleared to drive, but I'll settle to be cleared to leave the house more often. Hearing all the motorcycles riding by has been torture for me knowing I could be out there with them. Hell, if I have to be suck inside, I might as well be up North in the snow with Connman and Terry

• Ok, hopefully the last installment for a while. I saw my primary care doctor today. Blood work came back looking good and she says "the infection is GONE" and I can stop the antibiotics immediately. That's great news on a couple of fronts. The biggest being that it didn't attach itself to any joints or bones, and the sepsis is gone. So I thought it was a good time to press my luck and asked how much longer before I'm able to drive. She said she usually wants her patients off all pain meds before driving. That's when I chimed in and said it looks like I'll be walking the rest of my life. She said since I've been on pains meds for so long and have proven to not be effected by or to abuse them, she gave me to ok to drive as long as I felt up to it. After stopping for the $1.00 Sonics hotdogs for lunch, I did a few things and took off for the afternoon driving. My goal is to celebrate my birthday Wednesday (NO, it's no a shameless plug for cards or money :>) by taking out the slingshot. My limiting factor is having the strength to shift as my left arm isn't much better than useless. Hopefully being off the antibiotics that caused this loss of muscle mass and pains, the side effects will go away quickly. It wouldn't surprise me though to have to go to rehab to work through both arms and shoulders. But that's a vast improvement of where I would have been today if I didn't FINALLY listen to my wife and seek medical attention. I'm sure she wasn't thinking of being chauffeured to the ICU by an ambulance, but hey, sometimes you have to be forceful.

Thanks again to all you for the kind words and support during this nightmare. You've done more for me than my own family did (wife excluded)

Edited once, last by funinthesun ().