helmets - do you use one? and if yes what do you use?

• I always hated a helmet - motorcycle or Sling and never wear one but I now wear one in Tennessee! A trooper pulled us over and being the silver tongued devil that I am squirmed my way out of it BUT the fine is $280 PER PERSON !! They made a believer out of me in TN

3 years ago 4 of us got pulled over...the Trooper very nice, lined us up and took pictures reading us our 'rights'...said put on the helmets and have a great day.

• I always hated a helmet - motorcycle or Sling and never wear one but I now wear one in Tennessee! A trooper pulled us over and being the silver tongued devil that I am squirmed my way out of it BUT the fine is $280 PER PERSON !! They made a believer out of me in TN

Just curious Bill, were you topless?

I've been in Tennessee many times without a helmet but had the top on and haven't been stopped yet.

• Just curious Bill, were you topless?

I've been in Tennessee many times without a helmet but had the top on and haven't been stopped yet.

Didn’t have top on. I have been told that I wandered to far to western TN where they are much more strict about helmets. Can’t tell ya if a top would help ya or not 😩

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Didn’t have top on. I have been told that I wandered to far to western TN where they are much more strict about helmets. Can’t tell ya if a top would help ya or not 😩

I've been as far west as Nashville without any issues with the top on. Just puttin it out there! Your experience may vary 😉

• I've been as far west as Nashville without any issues with the top on. Just puttin it out there! Your experience may vary 😉

I had on my new “BLUE LIVES MATTER” cap on - the trooper really liked that - he may have liked that even better than my BS :00008172:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I am so glad that there was nobody in the passenger seat!

Bill

I dont like that, breaking up like that could be very dangerous. I have often thought that if I needed to replace my double bubbles I might try the madstad double bubbles, but this has me thinking maybe its not a good idea by any chance do you know what the madstads are made out of? On slingmods under the F4windshield they say it is DOT approved and I know they are polycarbonate, but unfortunately they dont offer double bubbles

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I dont like that, breaking up like that could be very dangerous. I have often thought that if I needed to replace my double bubbles I might try the madstad double bubbles, but this has me thinking maybe its not a good idea by any chance do you know what the madstads are made out of? On slingmods under the F4windshield they say it is DOT approved and I know they are polycarbonate, but unfortunately they dont offer double bubbles

The windshield itself just snapped in the middle into two pieces, it was the plastic shield that the windshield mounts to that broke up into pieces. Currently I am going back and forth trying to decide maybe we might want to go with the Madstad double bubble?

Bill

• The windshield itself just snapped in the middle into two pieces, it was the plastic shield that the windshield mounts to that broke up into pieces. Currently I am going back and forth trying to decide maybe we might want to go with the Madstad double bubble?

Bill

yea, I love my double bubbles, they are the OEM units that were only offered on the orange 2015's - - when I got them they were really cheep I dont think they were popular and dealers had a surplus - got the Polaris kit with both bubbles and the install expansion bolts and instructions all in the factory box for like $80 on amazon - - these days they are harder to find and sell for around $350 - - this is why I would consider the madstads if I ever had to replace mine - - for me going back to a full windshield would be tough the extra air flow of the double bubbles makes a huge difference in comfort on our summer days

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

Could you strap it onto your knee when you're riding? I bet the law doesn't say WHERE the helmet has to be worn. You probably could even argue that point with him

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• I am so glad that there was nobody in the passenger seat!

Bill

Man! That’s hard to see! Thinking something could break like that to me makes your mind spin on the possible consequences. I have the F4 slightly tinted and it has taken two rocks and a bolt off a semi. All three have left nick but nothing even close to looking like it would break. That’s just downright scary! Glad everybody’s okay!😲

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• Man! That’s hard to see! Thinking something could break like that to me makes your mind spin on the possible consequences. I have the F4 slightly tinted and it has taken two rocks and a bolt off a semi. All three have left nick but nothing even close to looking like it would break. That’s just downright scary! Glad everybody’s okay!😲

Over the six years this windshield has been installed it has taken several smaller hits, similar to the ones that you described, with little to no consequence, so I am thinking it must have been the shear mass of a three to four pound object striking at 65MPH+ that ultimately overwhelmed it's integrity.

Even though I just thought about this just now, I am surprised that nobody else has mentioned that you can change the angle of this windshield by twisting it, which puts additional stress upon it. So, just FYI, where at the time of this incident the windshield was not under such stress.

Bill

• On my way to work this morning I had a (too slow) raven shatter the passenger side of our Madstad wind screen, pictures to follow!

I dont like that, breaking up like that could be very dangerous. I have often thought that if I needed to replace my double bubbles I might try the madstad double bubbles, but this has me thinking maybe its not a good idea by any chance do you know what the madstads are made out of?

All MadStad windshields are made from 3/16" (4.5 mm) thick cast acrylic...........................................

Bill