es-designworks.com

• DONE ~> FINALLY!!! :00008040:

If you haven't already gotten them, you may as well go ahead and order another set of gloves. No matter how careful you are, they will end up either blasted away or torn. They can still be used (with caution) that way, but it's no fun hitting the open area with a blast. Lesson learned the difficult way (by the best teacher, first hand experience)!

• If you haven't already gotten them, you may as well go ahead and order another set of gloves. No matter how careful you are, they will end up either blasted away or torn. They can still be used (with caution) that way, but it's no fun hitting the open area with a blast. Lesson learned the difficult way (by the best teacher, first hand experience)!

I don't have an extra set... but I do have a bunch of extra spray tips and glass shields. I have to put in an order with Eastwood later today for a circle guide to use with the plasma cutter ~> I'll add gloves to that list! :thumbup:

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you...
    Signature.png

• @ericastar76, if you are careful, with a little luck they might last you for a timeframe measured in years. Trouble is, some parts are small, and you don't realize how much beating they take when shooting in the general direction of them. Also, while moving from one part to another, sometimes an accidental blast will get to them. I always look at it like this.... if I have an extra set, I won't need them soon. If I don't have a spare set yet and don't currently need them, well, the day isn't over yet. :thumbup:

• I don't mind holding inventory for parts sparing... even with limited space, nothing chaps my ass more than having to run out just to finish something!

In my blast cabinet I would use plasti dip to coat a new left glove fingertips (right handed). I always hold the item to be blasted or turn to around with my left hand. Makes the glove last much longer.

Michael West
    Gainesville Ga.
    404-401-0841

:SLRSS::COLDAIRSS::MOTOROILSS: :OILFILTERSS: :00008862::00008698:

:00000436::00000436::00000436:

• I would order the better gun and foot pedal if you plan on blasting for long. Pulling the trigger on the hand operated gun gets old quick and is awkward with the heavy gloves. Also might dump the protective sheets and just put a piece of sacrifice single strength glass in its place. You can buy several at any Lowes for cheap. And even with the best dust collector you will have dust all over the shop, sorry to tell you that, hope your experience is better than mine.

LC

• I would order the better gun and foot pedal if you plan on blasting for long. Pulling the trigger on the hand operated gun gets old quick and is awkward with the heavy gloves. Also might dump the protective sheets and just put a piece of sacrifice single strength glass in its place. You can buy several at any Lowes for cheap. And even with the best dust collector you will have dust all over the shop, sorry to tell you that, hope your experience is better than mine.

LC

I am only blasting small parts from time to time ~> and yes, I know it's going to make a bigtime mess (all sandblasters are messy from my experience) ~> I am putting a lot of faith in this vacuum though (bought it based on reviews... apparently, this one gets the job done). We shall see... we shall see! 8|

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you...
    Signature.png

• I am only blasting small parts from time to time ~> and yes, I know it's going to make a bigtime mess (all sandblasters are messy from my experience) ~> I am putting a lot of faith in this vacuum though (bought it based on reviews... apparently, this one gets the job done). We shall see... we shall see! 8|

Speaking from experience mostly if you never beat on the bag inside your garage there will be very little dust. But believe me that the bag "WILL" plug up with dust. We had the big cabinet about 4x4x4 foot and the large bag about 6 foot tall 24 inch dia. We used 2 or 3 bags a year but that was blasting from 8 to 20 hours a week.