es-designworks.com

• Imagine the fun when your on a job and you have to change some wires is a 4s box on a ceiling you go in the electrical room and locate the circuit and turn the breaker off and put electrical tape so the other trades will know not to touch it. Climb up the 12 foot ladder and then test all the wires with my wiggie just to be sure before pulling on the wire so my partner at another box can identify it when suddenly I feel that wonder surge of 277 volt lighting go through my hand.

Climbed down the ladder walked into the electrical room to find a kid flipping breakers on and off because his saw wouldnt work

only time I ever punched a person I didnt even know

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• You make it sound as if we ever really left...

Yep, that's us! Keeping one foot in the gutter at all times! :thumbsup:

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so."
    ― Douglas Adams

• Almost done with wiring my side of the shop/garage. I have (5) 20 amp outlets on this wall, one of which is on it’s own circuit. The others split among 2 more circuits. I still need to finish wiring the 240 volt/20 amp in the center, but I should finish that up tomorrow. I’m running #10 awg for that. Erica is going to have me run a 240v/50amp circuit for her welder, which I’ll need to pick up some #6 awg wire for that. It’s safe to say that we got some power in here. Anymore circuits after that, and we’ll be putting in a sub panel. I’m just wondering how much we saved by doing this ourselves.

Now we just need to say goodbye to that plastic shelving.

I'm old enough to know better, but young enough to do it anyway.

• BAHAHA ~> I wish! I’m fortunate to have a good FT job which pays all the bills.
    Thing is (and this is not always a good thing), when I set out to do something, I want it done right (done right + OCD = expensive in my world)! That said, what you’re seeing is a vision of mine from well over 10 years ago coming together ~> I’ve always wanted a shop to get lost in my ideas and test my creativity... FINALLY (and with the help of my wife), I now have it!

Here’s a tidbit about me that few people know: I truly envy those with artistic ability. But because I suffer from OCD (the kind you would treat medically), it’s hard for me to open that door and humor my creative side. Logic always takes over; with function beating out form every time. “I’m hoping” to not just build functional things ~> I want to practice the ART OF MAKING (stuff like welding sculptures for example). I truly believe I can do it and can’t remember feeling this alive!

Wow... This really resonates with me... My level of OCD is not medicated, but add to it my highly critical disposition, I hate to draw and try things sometimes, because like you mentioned, something takes over and I end up feeling overwhelmed and at times helpless and depressed when I fail...
    That said... When I succeed... Wow what a feeling! :thumbsup:

Dunno, folks. That sounds more like chronic perfectionism (a very common trait among us ADHDers) or something like it. It can sometimes feel like OCD but true OCD usually has a noticeably negative impact on your daily life. If you have "mild OCD", then it's probably not OCD. Just sayin'. @MiM, I get those same feelings of overwhelm and helplessness when faced with disorder, chaos, too many options, and not enough information. "Analysis paralysis" is my mortal enemy. Trying something new and/or unknown that requires extended periods of concentration, has lots of details and/or steps, and/or lacks clear and sufficient directions or instructions makes a modest project feel like you're taking on Mount Everest. My mom's favorite example of my struggling was when I was in the first grade and I had to write down the names of ALL 50 states in the U.S. To me it was a massive task and took "for-everrrrrr!" :) It wasn't until fairly recently that I learned I had reading and writing disabilities, in addition to my ADHD, so for me, at that age, it actually was a pretty daunting task. I know that may be hard to believe considering the length and detail of some (ok... many X/ ) of my posts, but it's true. In fact, I've been working on this post for close to an hour now. Time to wrap it up.

So, in summary... unless your compulsive behavior is preventing you from living a mostly normal life (keeping a job, maintaining relationships, etc.), it's probably not OCD. Not sure why I felt compelled to make that point, but I did. Probably my ADHD. Sorry, all! :saint:

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so."
    ― Douglas Adams

• Dunno, folks. That sounds more like chronic perfectionism (a very common trait among us ADHDers) or something like it. It can sometimes feel like OCD but true OCD usually has a noticeably negative impact on your daily life. If you have "mild OCD", then it's probably not OCD. Just sayin'. @MiM, I get those same feelings of overwhelm and helplessness when faced with disorder, chaos, too many options, and not enough information. "Analysis paralysis" is my mortal enemy. Trying something new and/or unknown that requires extended periods of concentration, has lots of details and/or steps, and/or lacks clear and sufficient directions or instructions makes a modest project feel like you're taking on Mount Everest. My mom's favorite example of my struggling was when I was in the first grade and I had to write down the names of ALL 50 states in the U.S. To me it was a massive task and took "for-everrrrrr!" :) It wasn't until fairly recently that I learned I had reading and writing disabilities, in addition to my ADHD, so for me, at that age, it actually was a pretty daunting task. I know that may be hard to believe considering the length and detail of some (ok... many X/ ) of my posts, but it's true. In fact, I've been working on this post for close to an hour now. Time to wrap it up.

So, in summary... unless your compulsive behavior is preventing you from living a mostly normal life (keeping a job, maintaining relationships, etc.), it's probably not OCD. Not sure why I felt compelled to make that point, but I did. Probably my ADHD. Sorry, all! :saint:

Sadly (and I wish it weren’t the case), it’s legit OCD. The Fluvoxamine does help a little, but I do find myself spiraling every so often. Stuff like counting random things, excessive hand washing, restarting processes, etc. (it can be most annoying to say the least). ||

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you...
    Signature.png

• Thanks @Gadgeteer! You may be right... When working on my things, everything does need to be in its right place. Even when I get home, I annoy the heck out of my wife because I expect things in their right place, if not, I call it a "mess".

I get home and go straight away to organizing... I'm also referred to as the toy nazi... :/

My oldest is picking up on it and I think I'm passing it on to her... Probably not a good thing... :S

• Thanks @Gadgeteer! You may be right... When working on my things, everything does need to be in its right place. Even when I get home, I annoy the heck out of my wife because I expect things in their right place, if not, I call it a "mess".

I get home and go straight away to organizing... I'm also referred to as the toy nazi... :/

My oldest is picking up on it and I think I'm passing it on to her... Probably not a good thing... :S

When I had to pick up the toys they went in the trash, if they could not pick up dirty clothes they washed them. Life Lessons. Raised my two boys by myself the hoe was not around.

• Sadly (and I wish it weren’t the case), it’s legit OCD. The Fluvoxamine does help a little, but I do find myself spiraling every so often. Stuff like counting random things, excessive hand washing, restarting processes, etc. (it can be most annoying to say the least). ||

Yeah, that's true OCD and I feel for ya. ADHD is no picnic, but OCD can make it seem almost trivial in comparison. Good thing you've got a very understanding spouse. At least I'm assuming she is since she was crazy enough to hitch her horse to your wagon or her wagon to your horse. Whatever; you get the idea. :thumbsup:

― Douglas Adams

• Yeah, that's true OCD and I feel for ya. ADHD is no picnic, but OCD can make it seem almost trivial in comparison. Good thing you've got a very understanding spouse. At least I'm assuming she is since she was crazy enough to hitch her horse to your wagon or her wagon to your horse. Whatever; you get the idea. :thumbsup:

I understand very well. I know when I need to console, and when I need to exit the room.

• Back in school, I decided to take a semester of Abnormal Psychology 101. Halfway through reading the textbook, I came to the conclusion that I suffer from a little bit of everything in that book. Even scarier was that I felt that everyone else did too. :P

• Back in school, I decided to take a semester of Abnormal Psychology 101. Halfway through reading the textbook, I came to the conclusion that I suffer from a little bit of everything in that book. Even scarier was that I felt that everyone else did too. :P

More true words rarely spoken. Define normal. Not sure anyone I've ever met fits into that box. I prefer slightly bent, and mostly harmless! :thumbsup:

More true words rarely spoken. Define normal. Not sure anyone I've ever met fits into that box. I prefer slightly bent, and mostly harmless! :thumbsup:

Yeah, I firmly believe there are two kinds of people in the world; those that are getting professional help and those that need to start. "Normal" is purely relative and entirely subjective. One of the reasons reality TV became so popular and is still going strong, especially the more outrageous shows (e.g. Jerry Springer, COPS, Bridezillas, Hoarders, Duck Dynasty, etc.), is because people can justify their own... peculiarities... since they're not as far out of bounds as THOSE people. Yes, but that's like a pot smoker saying, "well at least it's not cigarettes." Oh, and WTF is up with that? Cigarettes are being banned everywhere while pot is getting legalized? NO - don't go there! Let is go. Let it go. I've already been too complicit in the highjacking of this thread. <X

So, getting back to the really important stuff... ladies!!... have any new workshop goodies arrived that you can distract us with? :saint:

― Douglas Adams

• So, getting back to the really important stuff... ladies!!... have any new workshop goodies arrived that you can distract us with? :saint:

SOON... Stacy’s Mark7 is on it’s way and all the stuff from Eastwood has shipped (it’s going to be a BUSY weekend for sure)! :thumbsup:

The auto tool changer for the CNC is being configured as we speak... and I hope to finish setting up the rest of the components by Friday.

*sadly, time is not on my side as I just walked in the door (long day at the office). X/

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you...
    Signature.png