es-designworks.com

• It won’t be a year (that’s when I’ll have a bunch of goodies designed and tested). I’ll have a few kits before then (hoping to reveal something pretty awesome at MV).

Still, I have lots of infrastructure which needs to be put in place first... stuff like equipment setup for tolerance testing, a quality supply chain for raw materials. Design/packaging/instructional material/etc... yeah ~> still lots to do! :S

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you...
    Signature.png

• And then some..... 8|

Oh Hun I know... there's a lot of time and energy you need to invest to do it right. Over the years, I've helped a few local mom-and-pop stores get storefronts/websites/inventory control/etc. when I did business consulting back in the day... @sideslinger remembers all the late/off-normal work hours I had to spend!

Now I want something for myself (relatively low-stress and something I can look back on with pride ~> possibly even get Elise into it?) ~> Truth, I don't really care to become a huge entity... A wise person once told me that if you do something you like, and do it well, you will find your passion. And passion is the most important thing to me!

Signature.png

• When you find it or it finds you...it’s never work! When that happens it shows in what you do!
    Fortunately for the Sling family it sounds like a very good thing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• That is for Stacy... she’s doing all the woodwork stuff (need to keep the garage/shop clean ~> my sling lives there... and she just hates getting dusty)

Let me know how that one works out because I have been eyeballing it for a minute! I need one for my powdercoating.

Owner of Three's Da Life Fenders and Three's Da Life Apparel

Proud supporter of S.O.G. (Slingshot Owners Group) :thumbsup:

WWW.ROCKMYBLING.COM

• Do they sell one already put together? Mad Skills!

They do... I think it costs around 750 bucks for that service?

IMHO: The real disadvantage to buying them built is ~> you’ll never really understand all the inner-workings of the machine to fix any problems if they arise (a “no-go” for me on this project).

Signature.png

• A wise person once told me that if you do something you like, and do it well, you will find your passion. And passion is the most important thing to me!

Find something you enjoy doing that provides you with a decent living and you'll never work another day in your life. Pretty much where I am too, Erica! Ironically, doing about the same thing you are here, but I'm just using their machines to do it.

• Find something you enjoy doing that provides you with a decent living and you'll never work another day in your life. Pretty much where I am too, Erica! Ironically, doing about the same thing you are here, but I'm just using their machines to do it.

I tried that, but there's not much of a market for old grey haired gigolos who needs a few hours rest between "jobs"

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• With the Precor elliptical and TV stand gone... there's now more room to unbox stuff! YAY :thumbsup:

This table will be where I mount a few standalone pieces of shop equipment. Still on the fence about what I'm going to put on there though?? The vise/benchtop lathe is the most likely choice... but I need a place to put the tig welding equipment, grind wheel and electronic testing benchtop I'm going to make.

*I mocked up a quick (not at all to scale or dimension) layout of the garage on my iPad last night ~> the CAD file with all the correct specs is still being worked and won't be updated until her Mark 7 arrives.

Signature.png

• Nice layout. I would change a few things, but personal preference. I would rotate the table with the vise, grinder, and the lathe to the back, 90 degrees, but leave it out from the wall enough to get in behind if there is room. The compressor can go next to it, or just out from it if needed. Storage bins would be out next to the compressor. As for what's on the desk, I'd put the grinder on one corner, and the vise on the other farthest corner. I've had it like you have here, side by side, and (especially the vice) the grinder was always getting in the way. I'd put the lathe on the back long side, centered so that you have room for tools on either side. If you have any quick change tooling, I'd make a simple rack for one of the ends on the lathe side. Tig unit could go under the bench if it fits, just cover it unless you are currently using it.

If not enough room on the back wall to put that table, I'd stick, closer to what you have, but would still keep the vise with as much room as possible around it and away from the grinder. I've found the grinder can get closer to the wall without as much problem, but the vise I like out where I have room if needed. My $.02 only, just sharing what I would do for food for thought.

• Nice layout. I would change a few things, but personal preference. I would rotate the table with the vise, grinder, and the lathe to the back, 19 degrees, but leave it out from the wall enough to get in behind if there is room. The compressor can go next to it, or just out from it if needed. Storage bins would be out next to the compressor. As for what's on the desk, I'd put the grinder on one corner, and the vise on the other farthest corner. I've had it like you have here, side by side, and (especially the vice) the grinder was always getting in the way. I'd put the lathe on the back long side, centered so that you have room for tools on either side. If you have any quick change tooling, I'd make a simple rack for one of the ends on the lathe side. Tig unit could go under the bench if it fits, just cover it unless you are currently using it.

If not enough room on the back wall to put that table, I'd stick, closer to what you have, but would still keep the vise with as much room as possible around it and away from the grinder. I've found the grinder can get closer to the wall without as much problem, but the vise I like out where I have room if needed. My $.02 only, just sharing what I would do for food for thought.

NICE WRITE-UP!! I'll take everything you said into consideration as I finish assembling everything (we won't be bolting down anything for a while)... Still unsure if everything we got will fit though (may have to buy a new place and build a garage from ground up)?? <~ that is happening anyway... just want to chill here for a bit longer.

Signature.png