es-designworks.com

• Can't wait for more info on your machining capabilities. I'm fabbing up some mounts from 1/8" aluminum stock, but would prefer something cut from 3/16 - 1/4" aluminum plate. I'd certainly prefer to pay my money to a fellow enthusiast than a local machinist. :D I'll PM you some pics once I have a test mounting done.

Tomorrow I’m testing on a 1/4” piece of 6061 aluminium as my control board will finally be here ~> I’m guessing it shouldn’t be an issue to mill up to 1” with an 800w spindle (the Z height is 5” on the cnc ~> I’ll pocket-prep larger than 1” pieces for cnc milling using the drill press).

Going to try running a 2 flute (up cut) end mill; feed 10 mm/sec; 0.0625 step @ 15k rpm and go from there... will keep you posted! :thumbsup:

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you...
    Signature.png

• Project “Tits Up” is in full swing... in addition to reading bus data, I’m going to go a different (more low-tech) route to capture rpms and gear shift positions (step 1). Relay that info to a mounted digital display (step 2). Success (to me anyways), will be when I can make an ANT+ Bluetooth transceiver for the Garmin VIRB. I WILL HAVE MY VIDEO OVERLAYS DAMIT!! :00007555:

...and I think I know just how I’m going to do all of this... (arrives Tuesday) :thumbsup:

Signature.png

• Going to try running a 2 flute (up cut) end mill; feed 10 mm/sec; 0.0625 step @ 15k rpm and go from there... will keep you posted! :thumbsup:

So many places to reference speeds and feeds out there, I'm sure you have this covered. Quality of tool, material the tool is made of, Diameter and flutes along with type of flute and chip clearance all come into play. At 15k RPM, you will need coolant or at least lube. Just trying to save you aggravation if you planned to run dry.

Go ahead. I'm sure if Erica doesn't take what I wrote and run with it, Larry (Tripod) will.... (and yes, I love this place!)

• Project “Tits Up” is in full swing... in addition to reading bus data, I’m going to go a different (more low-tech) route to capture rpms and gear shift positions (step 1). Relay that info to a mounted digital display (step 2). Success (to me anyways), will be when I can make an ANT+ Bluetooth transceiver for the Garmin VIRB. I WILL HAVE MY VIDEO OVERLAYS DAMIT!! :00007555:

...and I think I know just how I’m going to do all of this... (arrives Tuesday) :thumbsup:

I have no idea what the hell that is but I want one!

AS much as I love ya Mitch, since this isn't in the NSFW section, here's the best I can do to explain it to you

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• So many places to reference speeds and feeds out there, I'm sure you have this covered. Quality of tool, material the tool is made of, Diameter and flutes along with type of flute and chip clearance all come into play. At 15k RPM, you will need coolant or at least lube. Just trying to save you aggravation if you planned to run dry.
    Go ahead. I'm sure if Erica doesn't take what I wrote and run with it, Larry (Tripod) will.... (and yes, I love this place!)

LOL, of course there will... be LUBE! :00008172:

All my bits are cobalt/carbide and have good chip relief for milling 6061 aluminium (the air compressor will help get rid of the shavings between steps/drilldown). Will know tonight ~> parts are here and I’ll install them when we get back from Elise’s indoor softball clinic.

:thumbsup:

Signature.png

• I'm a big supporter of Project Tits Up - for now watching until the time is right to dive in or until Project Ass-In-The-Air gets legs

Tits and Ass sounds like an all inclusive project

Hey @ericastar76 did you see we posted another track day?

Don't you want to go fast?

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• I'm a big supporter of Project Tits Up - for now watching until the time is right to dive in or until Project Ass-In-The-Air gets legs

Good to know... cause project “Ass-In-The-Air” is on it’s knees right now while I secure a few (quality) durability testers. It’s a BIG project... requiring a gang of folks to help make it work! :evil:

Signature.png

• Soooo... I installed the control box and milled a couple of aluminum blanks tonight (testing/saving all the feed/speed limits of my bits for the past 2 hours). Happy to report, I didn't break any! ~> BUT, they are pretty dull/useless from all the abuse.

That said, @Goats_Hogs I believe I've found the "sweet-spot" for 2 flute end mills on my CNC (easily cuts 1/4" @BKL) :thumbsup:

Have a bunch of quality 1 and 2 flute bits that should arrive this week. So more testing...

Signature.png