es-designworks.com

• I've owned 10 Harleys in my life that were for my use (still have one), and my wife has had one (and she still owns it and wants to keep it). Thank goodness she gets attached to things, or I'd have been replaced long ago! I bought my first one 28 years ago. I've added it up, and have put 450,000 miles on bikes in my lifetime, and over 400,000 of those are on my Harleys. Never once did one leave me stranded on a trip. I'm not saying I never had to stop to fix something, but I've had to do that to the Slingshot too. I have had 3 leaks on mine total (all ten bikes), and they weren't that bad to fix. Some of mine had up to in the 90,000s when I sold them. Wife's had 2 oil leaks, but we've had it since 2005 (new then) and it has over 54,000 miles on it. In the old days it likely was an issue. I've had more oil leaks on my Slingshot from the angle drive alone than any single Harley I owned. Choke that down anyone who chooses to bash.

Just to be clear, nothing leaks oil in the garage now..... not even my 1994 Z71. But I'm a maintenance nut. I just get tired of the Slingshot people bashing Harley, and the Harley people bashing the Slingshot. I have more fun recently (in the last 2 years) with the SS, but I don't plan to sell the Harleys at this point. Both are fun, all of them are paid for, and if I have to explain more, you wouldn't understand.

And Y'all wonder why the HD people don't accept ya. Sad really, I see both sides and understand. Bashing comes from both sides, and it's really hard sometimes (like this) to stay neutral. I love them both. I'm sure that @Tripod knows just what I'm talking about....

• ^^^ I hear ya’ Bro & agee 200%. Many Harleys (since 1975) & a gazillion miles on them in my life & never, ever stranded once & no leaks from any of mine. The haters can suck... well, I’ll stop there...

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• I've owned 10 Harleys in my life that were for my use (still have one), and my wife has had one (and she still owns it and wants to keep it). Thank goodness she gets attached to things, or I'd have been replaced long ago! I bought my first one 28 years ago. I've added it up, and have put 450,000 miles on bikes in my lifetime, and over 400,000 of those are on my Harleys. Never once did one leave me stranded on a trip. I'm not saying I never had to stop to fix something, but I've had to do that to the Slingshot too. I have had 3 leaks on mine total (all ten bikes), and they weren't that bad to fix. Some of mine had up to in the 90,000s when I sold them. Wife's had 2 oil leaks, but we've had it since 2005 (new then) and it has over 54,000 miles on it. In the old days it likely was an issue. I've had more oil leaks on my Slingshot from the angle drive alone than any single Harley I owned. Choke that down anyone who chooses to bash.

Just to be clear, nothing leaks oil in the garage now..... not even my 1994 Z71. But I'm a maintenance nut. I just get tired of the Slingshot people bashing Harley, and the Harley people bashing the Slingshot. I have more fun recently (in the last 2 years) with the SS, but I don't plan to sell the Harleys at this point. Both are fun, all of them are paid for, and if I have to explain more, you wouldn't understand.

And Y'all wonder why the HD people don't accept ya. Sad really, I see both sides and understand. Bashing comes from both sides, and it's really hard sometimes (like this) to stay neutral. I love them both. I'm sure that @Tripod knows just what I'm talking about....

Well spoken

• I have owned Honda's, Suzukis and Harley's. They all had positive and negative things but I miss my Harley's the most. Dang fubared shoulder is never gonna get better and that is why I am in a SS. Not looking back but I do miss them.

• Come on guys and gals, don't take it personal. I was only joking and said so at the bottom of the post.

I am an equal opportunity owner with 3 Kawasaki, 2 Suzuki, 2 Honda, 2 Yamaha, 1 Polaris, 2 Ford, 1 Chevrolet, 1 Dodge 1 Pontiac and 1 Ford/Chevy currently in the stables. I have ridden several Harley's but don't now and have never owned one so I have no grounds to seriously bash or brag.

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

My last post derailing this thread.

I've owned my share of HDs, and have laid down quite a few miles too. Loved them. Like you, never stranded. Ended as a dresser guy, and if I could hold one up, and keep it balanced, I would still own one today. But, I am not as strong as I used to be, and my balance is far gone, and so the Sling. Having both would be wonderful, but not in my cards - nor my wallet.

YMMV, but I find the HD folks to be very friendly. Almost always get "the" wave, 100% waves from HD trikes. And, when Rolling Thunder comes through (I live near DC), they welcome me into their packs like family.

So, @sideslinger and @ericastar76, very nice work! Wish I still had your energy. Best of all, see you in 13 days!

• My last post derailing this thread.
    I've owned my share of HDs, and have laid down quite a few miles too. Loved them. Like you, never stranded. Ended as a dresser guy, and if I could hold one up, and keep it balanced, I would still own one today. But, I am not as strong as I used to be, and my balance is far gone, and so the Sling. Having both would be wonderful, but not in my cards - nor my wallet.

YMMV, but I find the HD folks to be very friendly. Almost always get "the" wave, 100% waves from HD trikes. And, when Rolling Thunder comes through (I live near DC), they welcome me into their packs like family.

So, @sideslinger and @ericastar76, very nice work! Wish I still had your energy. Best of all, see you in 13 days!

My last derail on this also! :thumbsup: Easy to say, right? Honestly, I don't hear much in person. Most are friendly enough in person, on both sides of the choosing. I'm usually in the Sling more, but normally have a Harley shirt on so maybe that helps. But on the forums in general, if a Harley is mentioned here it's usually being bashed on. Go to a Harley forum, if a Slingshot is mentioned more often than not it gets bashed there. Me, I love them both. I've only ridding the big framed FLH bikes for myself, mostly Road Kings since they came out in 1994. Electra Glides before that. At 6'4", I just don't fit well on many of the others. I still love the Harleys, would likely consider an Indian if I were looking today, and respect the other bikes even though I don't really want to own any of the others for a road bike. But that's just me. I love old muscle cars and pickups, but also the newer Camaro SS, Challenger, and 'Vette. I love shooting AK47, AR15, and handguns, and may or may not own several. :00008040: But the AK guys bash the AR, and that goes the other way too. Muscle cars are best on their forums, but not if you go to a 'Vette forum. I would guess that on the Gold Wing forum they bash Harley, but I've never went there. I get why someone would ride a Gold Wing, and I've been on a few of them in my time, but they just aren't for me.

I didn't mean to single out anyone in here. What I really meant to draw attention to was this..... the irony of it all. There are some here that will bash on a Harley for leaking, while there's an oil spot under the SS in the driveway. What was this thread about anyway? Oh, Tools!! I love tools and have many but never enough!

Sorry @ericastar76 and @sideslinger.... I'll be quiet now.....

• Y’all don’t sweat the derail one bit (that’s what families do)! ^^

Look, it doesn’t matter: Slingshot, Harley, Vespa, whatever ~> if the wind is in your face... you’re doing it right!

*oh, and I’ll beat your a$$ if I catch you riding a Vespa! :D

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you...
    Signature.png

• Fun you may have to just ride the Slingshot to Maggie.... A lot of us do.

I have ridden to several events and ended up spending too much time in the hotel room when it rained and those who towed are able to use their trucks to go out to movies, shopping (to keep the wife happy), distant attractions or other things. Plus 14 hours of riding at 70 mph doesn't go over too well on the ears. Two years ago, we had to leave Saturday afternoon to try to avoid the impending storms when others who towed there stayed to enjoy an extra night of rides, parties and the parade. It's not that I Can't ride there - I choose to tow it there

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Hey! My son restores/mods Vespas. He has a great 61 200cc right now I would love to have. Had a 54 that I really wanted since it was built the year I was born but it was one with the spare mounted in front of your feet. I’m 6’3” and there was no way I could ride it comfortably. ;(