es-designworks.com

• @ericastar76, in attempt to get your thread back on track (ain't we a barrel of laughs?), I've been following this along and am not only impressed with your and @'sideslinger''s design, execution and progress, I have to say your enthusiasm is quite obvious. Please don't tuck it in - you wear it well!

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• I have no doubt there are some good HOAs, that don't abuse power and don't operate a good ol' boy network and don't act all kinds of shady. I've yet to see one.

My previous statement was not a wish, it was solely my opinion, and is not a judgment on anyone who likes their HOA or serves on their HOA. Just my $.02.

When I retire and I can finally live where the hell I want, I'm going find the largest plot of land I can afford, farthest from a HOA I can find, and the first person to tell me what to do with my land gets buried so deep they won't find the body until the tectonic plates fracture and spit the bones up.

Texas Hill Country...I may know where the tectonic plate drop off area is... ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• I have no doubt there are some good HOAs, that don't abuse power and don't operate a good ol' boy network and don't act all kinds of shady. I've yet to see one.
    My previous statement was not a wish, it was solely my opinion, and is not a judgment on anyone who likes their HOA or serves on their HOA. Just my $.02.

When I retire and I can finally live where the hell I want, I'm going find the largest plot of land I can afford, farthest from a HOA I can find, and the first person to tell me what to do with my land gets buried so deep they won't find the body until the tectonic plates fracture and spit the bones up.

That's what you tell your daughters boyfriends "I have a backhoe and 40 acres" :D

The shop is getting very sophisticated Like it!

• @ericastar76, in attempt to get your thread back on track (ain't we a barrel of laughs?), I've been following this along and am not only impressed with your and @'sideslinger''s design, execution and progress, I have to say your enthusiasm is quite obvious. Please don't tuck it in - you wear it well!

We’re like 2 kids in a candy shop! :thumbsup:

And while we both “kinda” regret not doing this 20 years ago ~> NOW is truly the right time for us! Thanks for the words of encouragement! Our enthusiasm will continue to shine (rest assured)...

*Check out the website BTW ~> tonight’s shop work was spent posting our sites framework (still lots to do on the website front). :thumbup:

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you...
    Signature.png

• Just checked it out... Very cool! And for feedback, the mobile android/chrome version works well and has good formatting (no issues that I noticed)... :thumbsup:

Thanks! I made a web app version for tablets/phones as well as a desktop PC one (the pictures are simple placeholders for things we showcase and will point to the web shop after we make our first products). <~ products may be a while... :P

Signature.png

Edited once, last by ericastar76 ().

• Late to the party again.

HOAs: last one I was in I helped put three of the seven board members in prison. The records burned in the president finished basement without putting smoke on the ceiling, however there was a big ash pile just outside the door.

Daughters boyfriends: I just told them to be good to my little girl, I have absolutely no problem in going back to prison.

Can hardly wait to see the finished shop, and what is going to produce in the near future. Good work ladies.

LC

• Not sure about elsewhere in the country... but it's raining something biblical outside! :thumbdown: Grrrrr... I want to paint my blast box already!! Fortunately, it's supposed to be sunny this weekend, so I should be able to put that task behind me (fingers crossed).

In the meantime, I spent my lunch hour whipping up a webstore and shopping cart system... YAY!!!

Thing is... I don't have any products to put in it! ||

Baby steps... baby steps. <~ have to keep telling myself that, cause the moment I switch from "finishing the shop" to "making stuff" ~> I won't want to go back to finishing the shop... lol (making stuff is a heck of a lot more fun ~> and I know me too well)!

Signature.png

• Not sure about elsewhere in the country... but it's raining something biblical outside! :thumbdown: Grrrrr... I want to paint my blast box already!! Fortunately, it's supposed to be sunny this weekend, so I should be able to put that task behind me (fingers crossed)

Your rain is headed my way. Predicting wind gusts up to 70 mph with the biblical rain. Consider yourself lucky.

Off to do a beer run (can't run out of beer - forget food), and filling bathtubs (on a well).

Otherwise, nice progress. One step at a time, adds up.

• My new motto is, “Why put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after tomorrow?”

:thumbsup:

I have said something similar for the last 5 years and try to live by it, "Put off today what you can do next month." Sucks being retired.. hahahahha

Life is simple ... you're either "Qualified or you're Not'

• Humming right along tonight ~> The paneling on Stacy’s side is beginning to take shape and I now have my 50amp breaker installed so I can start TIG welding and cutting metal with my plasma torch!

SO, in celebration of such a joyous milestone, I figure scaring the Jebus out of Elise was in order! :thumbsup:

Signature.png

• A little more progress on “The Wall”

That is great looking. Wood makes things look well made. I had a Woodmizer portable saw mill for ten years. Did custom sawing on the weekends. I still have some nice Oak and Cherry I cut from my parents farm. Been doing woodworking since I was 12. Shit that was 40 years ago! It's always very satisfying accomplishing projects. Keep up the Awesome work!