es-designworks.com

• One thing you'll definitely want add is an 8' ground rod outside in a moist area....(hehehehe like that would be hard!!) It will surely help with your powder sticking to the metals easier and save on alot of cuss words and re-sprays!! I bought mine at Lowes for around $10 but was a HUGE PITA for me and the son to hammer into the ground!

Ground rod in a moist area... (snicker) Gods, we can be an infantile bunch at times, can't we? :evil:

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so."
    ― Douglas Adams

• You two are rapidly outgrowing the space you have and will need to move into a larger space before you really get things cranked up. It's looking awesome thou!

@ericastar76
    @sideslinger

I was thinking, can you enclose that area right in front of the garage, under the deck, so you can keep the Sling out there but still have it under cover? Then you'd have the whole garage.

• @ericastar76@sideslinger

I was thinking, can you enclose that area right in front of the garage, under the deck, so you can keep the Sling out there but still have it under cover? Then you'd have the whole garage.

The thought has crossed our minds... then I read the HOA bylaws. And there it was, in BIG BOLD LETTERS: "Thou shall not forge external garage structures or face fine-damnation and forced destruction of said structure" <~ Say that in your almighty Zeus voice!

We do however, leave it outside when we're working though... so there's that.

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you...
    Signature.png

• The thought has crossed our minds... then I read the HOA bylaws. And there it was, in BIG BOLD LETTERS: "Thou shall not forge external garage structures or face fine-damnation and forced destruction of said structure" <~ Say that in your almighty Zeus voice!
    We do however, leave it outside when we're working though... so there's that.

Fuck a HOA. Hate 'em.

• I am president of our HOA. If it was not for our HOA, I would not have access to a public road.

Careful for what you wish.

I have no doubt there are some good HOAs, that don't abuse power and don't operate a good ol' boy network and don't act all kinds of shady. I've yet to see one.

My previous statement was not a wish, it was solely my opinion, and is not a judgment on anyone who likes their HOA or serves on their HOA. Just my $.02.

When I retire and I can finally live where the hell I want, I'm going find the largest plot of land I can afford, farthest from a HOA I can find, and the first person to tell me what to do with my land gets buried so deep they won't find the body until the tectonic plates fracture and spit the bones up.

• I have no doubt there are some good HOAs, that don't abuse power and don't operate a good ol' boy network and don't act all kinds of shady. I've yet to see one.
    My previous statement was not a wish, it was solely my opinion, and is not a judgment on anyone who likes their HOA or serves on their HOA. Just my $.02.

When I retire and I can finally live where the hell I want, I'm going find the largest plot of land I can afford, farthest from a HOA I can find, and the first person to tell me what to do with my land gets buried so deep they won't find the body until the tectonic plates fracture and spit the bones up.

I would never ! NEVER move to a place with a HOA

• I have no doubt there are some good HOAs, that don't abuse power and don't operate a good ol' boy network and don't act all kinds of shady. I've yet to see one.

Well, then retire to WV. After the snowy/rainy season, you can pop out to an Internet cafe to tell us how things are going. And, get fresh toothbrushes, some soap and maybe some toilet paper - if that is your thing.

Just FYI, our HOA does not approve of burying bodies on your property. Not sure that is a bad thing. We are mainly focused on maintaining our private road, which is an awesome thing.

• When I retire and I can finally live where the hell I want, I'm going find the largest plot of land I can afford, farthest from a HOA I can find, and the first person to tell me what to do with my land gets buried so deep they won't find the body until the tectonic plates fracture and spit the bones up.

you're moving to Wisconsin?!?! Yipee. Can't wait to introduce you to my ex-wife

• Been following and the HOA topic has triggered a comment. They suck. But I’m loving the workshop and am jealous I live so darn far away.

#02828 January 2015 build date.
    Here to assist anyone in the Denver area.