es-designworks.com

• @ericastar76 very cool stuff sisters. Looking forward to your "up and running" announcement. FYI : your copper (if you have copper) cold water line is the best ground you'll find and possibly easiest to attach a ground wire to. ;)

unfortunately grounding to a copper cold water line doesn't always meet code requirements. My roof solar (15.64kw) generation system required 2 copper ground rods and the cold water ground and in addition my gas lines had to be bonded/grounded to the copper cold water line - after all of that I was almost expecting them to mandate a chemical ground rod :O

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Ready to start making sawdust!

I seem to remember the Shopsmith being sold about 15-20 years ago and they touted the multiple position table for doing vaious projects, if theirs is the same type, that's awesome. Thought about getting one years ago and then remembered my wood working talent level was -100%

Life is simple ... you're either "Qualified or you're Not'

• Just finished watching a great video on the Mark 7. Dang if that thing won’t do just about everything but make coffee and kiss you good night. Nice addition to the shop!

I had one for a few years bought it used
    Pretty cool especially when you are tight for space.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Just finished watching a great video on the Mark 7. Dang if that thing won’t do just about everything but make coffee and kiss you good night. Nice addition to the shop!

Space is such an issue where we are right now... that the Mark7 only made sense. Once we have our BIG SHOP however (TBD) ~> We'll get all fullsize equipment!

*But I'll be damned if we ever get rid of the Shopsmith... it's so versatile and I love that! :thumbsup:

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you...
    Signature.png

• Did you have to get rid of it to make room for the sling?

No my shop is 30 x 50 plenty of room. I bought it from a neighbor when we were just starting to build and my shop was not set up. I opted for separate machines just for easier use.
    For me it is just faster to go to the table saw or drill press without having to convert it over. I do miss the lathe, but it is on my list of things to get.

But it is really an amazing and compact do everything machine

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• I seem to remember the Shopsmith being sold about 15-20 years ago and they touted the multiple position table for doing vaious projects, if theirs is the same type, that's awesome. Thought about getting one years ago and then remembered my wood working talent level was -100%

This is the same Shopsmith that you remember, and have been wanting one for at least that long. Actually, these have been around since the early 1950’s. One great thing about the Shopsmith is that all parts are still made for every unit made since 1953. Also, every unit is made in the same factory in Dayton, Oh, and not somewhere offshore. I’m excited about this particular model, as it has a 120/240v 2hp variable speed motor, which allows anywhere between 250 to 10,000rpm’s. All in all, it is virtually the same Shopsmith as one made 65years ago. I used to build furniture in a shop that offered the benefit of having individual shop equipment, but that was years back. I hope to one day have access to that again, but until then, I should be able to do everything I was able to do before. Either way, I plan on always keeping this one.

I'm old enough to know better, but young enough to do it anyway.

• For me it is just faster to go to the table saw or drill press without having to convert it over. I do miss the lathe, but it is on my list of things to get.

But it is really an amazing and compact do everything machine

I would have to agree. Having to change from drill press mode to table saw mode, because of a missed cut could be a hassle. We have a separate drill press and sander, so hopefully those will help prevent changing over in some cases.

I'm old enough to know better, but young enough to do it anyway.

• Stacy has officially broken ground on her side of the garage ~> WHOO HOOO!! :00008040:

As things start taking shape with the framing... I’ve been busy rigging up my outdoor spray area because I got the lower half of my blast box from Eastwood, and it wasn’t looking all too promising.

Sure enough, everything was damaged like the top half was... only this time, I could fix the creases and will sand and paint on the next warm sunny day.

In the meantime, I’m breathing a little easier as we now have some filtration in the garage (THESE THINGS ARE A MUST FOR ME). There is sawdust EVERYWHERE!!! LOL

In all... today was AWESOME ~> Tomorrow is supposed to be a soaker... so back to building my spray booth I go! :thumbsup:

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you...
    Signature.png