Superchargers vs. Turbos, again, part 2

• During break-in, I got close to 30 mpg. After break-in and I got more familiar with my 2-15 Base Slingshot, mileage dropped to around 28.5. After installing a 13" MadStad Single Adjustable windshield and my Twist Dynamics Canvas Top, mileage dropped again to around 27 mpg. Now with my Hahn Stage 2 turbo setup, my mileage varies between 25 - 26.5 mpg, depending on how hard I get on the throttle.

• I don't understand why the ss gas mileage is so low. My C7 Corvette with 460 horsepower gets 29 miles per gallon. The lowest I ever got on the c7 was 24 and a half miles per gallon. Oh wait a minute I do remember Polaris snowmobiles get 9 miles a gallon and my Skidoo snowmobile with the same CC got 18 miles a gallon. Well I just looked up the mpg for a shy. 21.4. So it appears it's the engine and not Polaris. Still pathetic compared to my vette.

• I don't understand why the ss gas mileage is so low. My C7 Corvette with 460 horsepower gets 29 miles per gallon. The lowest I ever got on the c7 was 24 and a half miles per gallon. Oh wait a minute I do remember Polaris snowmobiles get 9 miles a gallon and my Skidoo snowmobile with the same CC got 18 miles a gallon

not really sure you can blame Polaris completely for the mileage. It is a GM motor, so how does the slingshot mileage compare to the Saturn Sky or Pontiac Solstice running the same motor? I would be interested to know if they do better or about the same

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I don't understand why the ss gas mileage is so low. My C7 Corvette with 460 horsepower gets 29 miles per gallon. The lowest I ever got on the c7 was 24 and a half miles per gallon. Oh wait a minute I do remember Polaris snowmobiles get 9 miles a gallon and my Skidoo snowmobile with the same CC got 18 miles a gallon. Well I just looked up the mpg for a shy. 21.4. So it appears it's the engine and not Polaris. Still pathetic compared to my vette.

The Slingshot has a much higher coefficient (C/D) of drag than a C7 corvette, which at the same speed, the Slingshot will require more power/fuel. I would have to check, but I believe the C7 also has a smaller frontal area than the Slingshot, so a higher C/D and bigger frontal area means more power needed, just simple physics. The Solstice/Sky also have a pretty bad C/D because of the way the soft top is designed which hurt their fuel economy.

• I have one of the first Alpha Turbo's and it was a 1 bar system and year later updated to 2 bar..

I believe it was rated 250 some rear wheel HP..

Going to dealer to order my new 2015 SS the sales man said we have turbo and took me for a ride and I said

do not give mine without turbo..

The degree of smiles and fun in that 4 mile ride in a SS that was soon to be mine..

And most of you know me with body changes and yes doing a final body change and I think more about

going with more boost /HP but at 67 yrs old I am seeing changes in that I do not push the corners the way I

did 2 years ago and it is not about racing but just feeling the front pointing through a corner and getting that boost

and feeling your rear pushing you and keeping it inline with the front ,but the rush of the power and when I would

take younger kids that owned SS's through some corners and come back and tell my wife I was a asshole.

That is what made my day... But you do not have to burn the rear tire off it and bang gears for any of these systems.

When you go from flat lands New Jersey to the Hills of North or South Carolina and you accelerate and you do not have

to down shift and the power is just there when you need it..I do not beat my machine but use it for the fun

factor of power to weight adrenaline fun that it brings.

But I know of others that can not keep rear tires on and it is not the turbo but the foot burning the tire off.

So to most the stock 173HP is enough but to those who want that extra turbo/SC is nice to have .

I rented a stock SS this year in Deadwood SD to travel around for a day and put 300 miles on and they have hills

and said to my wife you know this was a kick ass trip .. I missed my suspension and brakes and a little of my power

that I left home but I will rent another stock SS in Cailf very soon..

So those who have stock SS's hey I understand that power is not for all but those who need it and have the funds,

go for it and feel the rear wheel rush of pushing you and that front end through those corners.

But as I tell everyone it is not just turbo/SC , you need the suspension, brakes and you have to know your limits

or you will be in trouble..So you could ask my wife that I would test road conditions and brakes with increasing power

from 80 mph dead stops and she would look at me but I wanted to know the results..

So just my way of saying you do need funds to have power.

• It's not what you have it is how you use it,

Besides as long as you are happy that is all that matters.

In other words, it doesn't matter if you have a little bitty dick as long as you have a pile drivin' ass behind it.

Or did I miss the point. Again.

Sorry, it's past my bedtime.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• In other words, it doesn't matter if you have a little bitty dick as long as you have a pile drivin' ass behind it.

Or did I miss the point. Again.

Sorry, it's past my bedtime.

its all up to how you interpret it - free thought goes along with free speech

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!