West Jefferson NC - Possible Location for the first Spring meet up and ride

• And now comes the question I have been meaning to ask. Why did you buy a cabin that you could not get the SlingShot to?

I wanted something up on top of a mountain and this was great deal - spectacular views.
    Plus it makes the wife happy - happy wife = happy life
    It was an investment property If we decide to keep it and move there I will buy a small lot at the bottom of the mountain and build a shop.
    Here is the view from the deck - That is the Blue Ridge Parkway in the distance.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• I wanted something up on top of a mountain and this was great deal - spectacular views.Plus it makes the wife happy - happy wife = happy life
    It was an investment property If we decide to keep it and move there I will buy a small lot at the bottom of the mountain and build a shop.
    Here is the view from the deck - That is the Blue Ridge Parkway in the distance.

Yes, I understand. One hell of a view to wake up to in the mornings

• I cannot find the camp ground and lodge with cabins that I was speaking of. It has like a redwood main lodge, I want to say it was about half way between Ashville and Boone. I even registered on their web site.

There are a lot of ways we could go from that general area an hour in every direction there is a destination, plus we have the Blue Ridge Parkway
    Could make for a few nice weekends

I will ask around about the lodge - I have to be up there end of the month for an HOA meeting

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Yeah 6 hours or so for me too. 5 of them there hours are on the Interstate - bride will not be happy. Put me down as a weak maybe, and probably solo if so.

Feeling frisky about riding again all the same. Not much love for my beast lately. We hit zero not too long ago after some sloppy yucky snow, so COME ON SPRING!

Any wineries in West Jefferson?

• Sharon's aunt lives less than an hour to the north on 221. I love West Jefferson, and the area is awesome for rides and roads! There is a fantastic loop if you go about an hour to the north from there to Independence (VA). Then head West on US 58. Can run that all the way to US 421 South, but I prefer to drop south at Damascus, and that will take you to Shady Valley General store and "The Snake". Do it right, with breaks, would have us leaving in the morning and back by Dinner. Actual seat time as I recall is around 5-6 hours. I don't live in the area, but it is a "go to" for us and I've spent a good bit of time there.

If this is a weekend after the weather breaks, I'd like to do this one. I don't have a great way to trailer as of yet, so weather would be an issue. Count me in as interested, I would love to do this one if it can be worked out!

Home

• Thanks for the invite @MACAWS!!

Unfortunately, we will be a no-show for this one.....DAMMIT!!!!!

So much to do and so little time.......but we will be watching for pics and vids......at least we can live vicariously through you fine folks!!!

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• Thanks for the invite @MACAWS!!

Unfortunately, we will be a no-show for this one.....DAMMIT!!!!!

So much to do and so little time.......but we will be watching for pics and vids......at least we can live vicariously through you fine folks!!!

OK - we will try not to do anything stupid so you don't have to be embarrassed!
    We will miss your company.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• OK - we will try not to do anything stupid so you don't have to be embarrassed!We will miss your company.

What's your idea of "stupid"???? That's a very subjective word my friend........you may not want to see my interpretation of stupid things I've done!!! Boy Howdy were they STUPID!!! :/ (important side note: any & all pics, vids, and paper trails have been deleted and scrubbed from existence!!! HAH!!!)

So by all means.....as long as you all have fun and stay safe.....it would be impossible to embarrass us.....just the opposite....we show the vids and pics to our family and friends up here and proudly say: "That's our crew!!!" :thumbsup:
    We miss all of you and look forward to seeing you all again some time this year!!!

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• I wanted something up on top of a mountain and this was great deal - spectacular views.Plus it makes the wife happy - happy wife = happy life

Mitch, I guess we both think alike. I never wanted a home on the range; I rather a shackup in the mountains

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Mitch, I guess we both think alike. I never wanted a home on the range; I rather a shackup in the mountains

Phil

Hope I don't hurt your feelings but "Shack Up" are not words that come to mind when I think of you!

But yes there is something magical about the mountains!

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• This sounds good. Depending on the date we think we might be okay for this. We are currently in Dominican Republic... relaxing before Tax Season for Ayla ;(:D

• @Smoochie and I are definitely interested! Of course we'll know better as the date firms up, but being 6 hours out for us, we'd probably leave town on a Friday after work and head back Sunday after lunch! Thanks @MACAWS for setting these things up!!

US Navy 1990-2015
    "If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude
    better than the animating contest for freedom, go home and leave us in peace. We
    seek not your council nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds
    you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."

--Samuel Adams

• Mitch, I guess we both think alike. I never wanted a home on the range; I rather a shackup in the mountains

Janet loves the beach but I'll take the mountains ALL day long, each view around each corner is breathtaking.

@Irobbi enjoy yourself, looks beautiful there.

Life is simple ... you're either "Qualified or you're Not'