Hahn SST TurboSystem Group Buy

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • edwardaneal wrote:

      I got a gbs app for iOs on my iPhone called SpeedBox Performance tracking. It automatically times standing start things like 0 to 60, 0 to 100 - and it also has 50 rolling start presets like 50 to 100.

      It also has time to distance including 1/8 mile, 1/4 mile and 1/2 mile. It is fully automatic

      it is very inexpensive, I think it was $2 and the author has been very willing to add custom presets that were not in the app whenI first got it (they are all in the current version in the app store

      anyway if you want an inexpensive way to time your 1/4 mile or other such things that is totally hands free I recommend it
      Is there anything backing the accuracy of that app? I know a phone alone is unable to do this accurately and this is a phone only app. Its a cool little gadget to play with but its like comparing apples to oranges.

      As far the the V Box or the Dragy they do cost more but they are both verified with 1/100th accuracy comparing it to a time slip at a drag strips.
    • @Cobra66man I have finally taken care of all but one problem. All of the lines and connections are sealed. I have 1 leak from the oil pan under full boost. This is the second time I have fixed the oil pan and both times it seems to come from this spot. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, guys.
    • WrongWheelDrive wrote:

      edwardaneal wrote:

      I got a gbs app for iOs on my iPhone called SpeedBox Performance tracking. It automatically times standing start things like 0 to 60, 0 to 100 - and it also has 50 rolling start presets like 50 to 100.

      It also has time to distance including 1/8 mile, 1/4 mile and 1/2 mile. It is fully automatic

      it is very inexpensive, I think it was $2 and the author has been very willing to add custom presets that were not in the app whenI first got it (they are all in the current version in the app store

      anyway if you want an inexpensive way to time your 1/4 mile or other such things that is totally hands free I recommend it
      Is there anything backing the accuracy of that app? I know a phone alone is unable to do this accurately and this is a phone only app. Its a cool little gadget to play with but its like comparing apples to oranges.
      As far the the V Box or the Dragy they do cost more but they are both verified with 1/100th accuracy comparing it to a time slip at a drag strips.
      I was just on the Google Play Store searching for "gps acceleration apps" and found a bunch, but decided on 2 or 3 to check out.

      GPS Acceleration - 3.8 AD FREE. Bare minimum Permissions. 843K. Roughly 3/4 ratings were 3 or better.
      Handles 0-60 mph, 30-50 mph, 50-75 mph, 0-100 kmh, 60-100 kmh, 80-120 kmh
      * drag time for 200m, 400m, 800m, 1000m, 1/8 mile, 1/4 mile, 1/2 mile, 1 mile.

      Speed Logic Lite - 4.0 AD FREE. Moderate Permissions. 2.7M. 82% ratings 3 or better.
      0-100 km/h, 0-60 mph, top speed, quarter mile and other speed and distance checkpoints (not specified).

      Car Performance Free - 3.8 AD-supported. 387K. Bare minimum Permissions. Almost 80% ratings 3 or better. Some complaints on accuracy.
      1/8 mile or 1/4 mile elapsed time and trap speed.
      * 0 - 60 mph acceleration.
      * 0 - 100 mph acceleration.
      * Top Speed.
      Paid version available. 442K.

      There were several apps with higher ratings, but I decided not to try them primarily because I felt their permissions were overly broad or the app itself seemed pretty big. I read an article on Android battery saving apps a while back and it commented that as apps got larger they often seem to have extraneous software baggage that may leave unwanted remnants when uninstalled. Because of this, unless I find an app has features I absolutely can't find in a smaller app, I will always prefer smaller apps and with the bare minimum permissions needed to run.

      Generally speaking, most of the complaints have to do with locking to GPS satellites/how many Satellites are detected and this seems to vary greatly by phone model/chip set.

      For several years now, I've used a Speedometer app called "Speedometer" which also requires Bare minimum Permissions to work. It also tells you the accuracy of its locating/computing ability which, if I remember correctly typically are reported to be around 1-2 meters accuracy and seems to read very close to what the speedometer for the vehicle I'm in reports.
    • @BKL ... and I would think the speedometer is going off of just that... so any tire changes would impact. From what @WrongWheelDrive is saying about accuracy of the cell phones, a stand alone is more accurate, but not sure $150 is worth it, but I'm testing it anyways. Maybe we just need to buy a case of them from India and have them delivered... they are only $30 USD over there LOL.

      Either way, I'm just having fun, but do like testing crap out. Dropped the tire pressure down and looking at different shock settings. I think the people that live just down the street from the local coffee shop (about 1/4 mile from it) are probably hatting on me by now.
      :00000436:
      Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose. - Bill Gates
    • The beast is officially running like a top, slightly scary experience when the rear tire breaks loose a high speed but that I can deal with.
      I have to offer a special thanks to Bill who took my call on a Sunday morning, through his expertise we were able to quickly figure out what was causing the codes in the first place.
      I still have to relocate my air horn and tidy up the wires but I’m over the hump for sure.
      Thanks again to you guys also, the support and assistance has been invaluable.
    • Cobra66man wrote:

      The beast is officially running like a top, slightly scary experience when the rear tire breaks loose a high speed but that I can deal with.
      I have to offer a special thanks to Bill who took my call on a Sunday morning, through his expertise we were able to quickly figure out what was causing the codes in the first place.
      I still have to relocate my air horn and tidy up the wires but I’m over the hump for sure.
      Thanks again to you guys also, the support and assistance has been invaluable.
      AWESOME to hear!! I am glad you were able to get the help you needed. I love it when a plan comes together! Please share with everybody what was causing the codes in case some others have the same problem! :whistling: Sorry :evil:

      SSREAPER
      :BLACKSS: 2016 SL LE BLACK PEARL :HEADERSS: :COLDAIRSS: :COILOVERSS:
    • So here are the two hiccups I had with my install of the Hahn System.
      After you install and wire your FIC, cut the soldered ends off the unused wires, I hadn’t finished cleaning up the wiring mess but wanted to hear the baby scream so I put a wire tie to hold them out of the way. This causes interference, and caused both cam sensors and the crank position sensor to throw a code. My second issue (high idle) we suspected was a vacuum leak, I checked every fitting etc... couldn’t find anything.
      As I checked the map sensor the engine sputtered, which lead me to bend my fat ass beyond the usual point of horizontal only to realize I failed to install the second screw. Both items pure pilot error, which I’m sure I’m the first and hopefully the last to make those mistakes.
      Codes cleared and it’s been running great so far.
    • Everybody...I think we owe @Cobra66man here some much needed congratulations as well as all of the other participants that have taken part in the group buy. Each and everyone of them has shown a tremendous amount of patience as well as perseverance to see this thru to the end. (Hell I wouldnt have!!) Me and Cobra have been talking nonstop since he started this and I kinda feel like a proud uncle to get to see this baby born. I am told that the after some coddeling...the blue headed retarded step child has metamorphosed into a BLUE BACKED RAGING GORILLA! I have seen the footage and its a thing of beauty!! :thumbsup:
      :00002501: :00000441: :00000436: :00008040:
      Now about that exhaust! :whistling:

      If I remember correctly I think we have just one more person to do their install... @Soluga When you do start bud we will all be rooting for your child as well!

      SSREAPER
      :BLACKSS: 2016 SL LE BLACK PEARL :HEADERSS: :COLDAIRSS: :COILOVERSS:

      The post was edited 1 time, last by SSREAPER ().

    • I have a question especially for the guys who installed the Hahn Turbo system with portfueler and or the AEM failsafe gauge.
      I had Bill do the install of my system. I am just not that mechanically inclined so please excuse me if this question is stupid.
      I think it was @Salty ClownNY who was talking about data logging. I thought I would like to do it just for the heck of it. In the stuff that Bill gave me, was two usb cables. I think one was for the portfueler and the other for the AEM failsafe gauge. Since I didn't do the install, not sure how or where they connect. I am assuming that the data is available from either source but is one better than the other. Bill has seemed to go off the grid again. I have been trying for a week to get a response from him. If data logging is not for the novice, then that is good too.
    • sharps4065 wrote:

      I have a question especially for the guys who installed the Hahn Turbo system with portfueler and or the AEM failsafe gauge.
      I had Bill do the install of my system. I am just not that mechanically inclined so please excuse me if this question is stupid.
      I think it was @Salty ClownNY who was talking about data logging. I thought I would like to do it just for the heck of it. In the stuff that Bill gave me, was two usb cables. I think one was for the portfueler and the other for the AEM failsafe gauge. Since I didn't do the install, not sure how or where they connect. I am assuming that the data is available from either source but is one better than the other. Bill has seemed to go off the grid again. I have been trying for a week to get a response from him. If data logging is not for the novice, then that is good too.
      It's not that data logging isn't for the novice, it's that the novice doesn't have the knowledge or experience to do anything with the data. By recovering the data, you'll see graphs of how the fuel mixture was at different levels of boost and rpm's. A good tuner can take that data and make adjustments to fine tune the ecu (or in your case, the piggyback ecu). The best you could probably do is get a few runs downloaded and if you numbers that are out of range, send the file to Bill and see if he wants to fine tune the set-up he's got running now.

      As for where - if it's (harness) hooked up, it should hang down under the dash or where ever the add on box is located
      If your carpet has to match the drapes,
      shouldn't your trailer match your Slingshot?
    • SaltyClownNY wrote:

      @BKL ... and I would think the speedometer is going off of just that... so any tire changes would impact. From what @WrongWheelDrive is saying about accuracy of the cell phones, a stand alone is more accurate, but not sure $150 is worth it, but I'm testing it anyways. Maybe we just need to buy a case of them from India and have them delivered... they are only $30 USD over there LOL.

      Either way, I'm just having fun, but do like testing crap out. Dropped the tire pressure down and looking at different shock settings. I think the people that live just down the street from the local coffee shop (about 1/4 mile from it) are probably hatting on me by now.
      based on comparing the Speedometer app to my Slingshot's indicated speed, I'm content using an app as long as I feel it's trustworthy. The main question is how reliable/sensitive the GPS chipset is in accurately determining that you've actually started moving...
    • I just wanted to drop in here and get someone to give me the cliffs note version of where everyone evolved in this thread is with their purchase and install and engine running status.

      If someone has a minutes can they post a 1. 2. 3. kinda of list for me on this...
    • sharps4065 wrote:

      I have a question especially for the guys who installed the Hahn Turbo system with portfueler and or the AEM failsafe gauge.
      I had Bill do the install of my system. I am just not that mechanically inclined so please excuse me if this question is stupid.
      I think it was @Salty ClownNY who was talking about data logging. I thought I would like to do it just for the heck of it. In the stuff that Bill gave me, was two usb cables. I think one was for the portfueler and the other for the AEM failsafe gauge. Since I didn't do the install, not sure how or where they connect. I am assuming that the data is available from either source but is one better than the other. Bill has seemed to go off the grid again. I have been trying for a week to get a response from him. If data logging is not for the novice, then that is good too.
      Hey, there are two wires. The FIC uses a standard USB cable and it plugs into the side of the FIC. This is to see the logs and what the FIC is doing. The WBF is where there are logs to view how your boost is doing and what levels it is going to. These graphs will make a lot more sense to someone starting out. This has a USB cable attached to it and also should have come with an extension USB cable as well. As you can install the FIC in different places, not sure where it is. I installed mine high up in the foot well so I can plug the USB cable into it.

      IMO, start with the WBF and download those logs and view them in the AEM logger software... not to be confused with the AEM logger hard drive.
      :00000436:
      Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose. - Bill Gates
    • rabtech wrote:

      I just wanted to drop in here and get someone to give me the cliffs note version of where everyone evolved in this thread is with their purchase and install and engine running status.

      If someone has a minutes can they post a 1. 2. 3. kinda of list for me on this...
      I'll try and see if anyone has input...

      Hate to do this in a list as there is more to it, but that is what you asked for:
      1. Group buy introduced January 11th
      2. Group buy closed February 18th. Bill gave February 20th as target start date.
      3. March 20th rolled around. A good many of us got some add ons that extended time a bit, but took much longer than that. I may have been the first to get mine on May 1st, but I had a 90 day window with my credit card and I wasn't going to let that go by. So I'll say May 1st was that start of the full orders coming in.
      4. I'll say just to have a round date, July 1st is the date which all units (hopefully) have been received for the most part. There are some units that need parts, but Bill supplied "work arounds" until they are complete.
      5. We've got one in CA that hasn't done the install yet. There were two "issues" that Bill worked out which was the smoking due to engine block pressure and the tune file which caused very rich situation and just needed to have a new tune file. There were a few odds and ends that were more or less install issues that we all worked to help resolve including Bill.
      6. So just a few parts still outstanding... Maybe?


      I'm sure a lot of us can fill in a lot of personal frustrations, but I believe for the most part everyone is good... I think.
      :00000436:
      Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose. - Bill Gates
    • I am just curious because the thread has become a 54 page mess. It has been going on for a long time. I just want another kind of starting spot for some of the others that don't want to totally backtrack 54 pages worth just to understand the jest of the thread.
    • Bill from Hahn RaceCraft wrote:

      ..... a money-back guarantee of making the delivery date, in that for every week we are late, an additional 5% savings to you is realized. I like this feature because it sets specific goals that are also specifically driven...by cash! I consider NOT paying this penalty as a "completion bonus" for Hahn RaceCraft
      .

      Group buy completed 13 weeks late..... I am sure the checks are in the mail ....... angel-squared

      .....
      :REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......
    • Orangeman wrote:

      Bill from Hahn RaceCraft wrote:

      ..... a money-back guarantee of making the delivery date, in that for every week we are late, an additional 5% savings to you is realized. I like this feature because it sets specific goals that are also specifically driven...by cash! I consider NOT paying this penalty as a "completion bonus" for Hahn RaceCraft
      .
      Group buy completed 13 weeks late..... I am sure the checks are in the mail ....... angel-squared

      .....
      @Orangeman Am I correct in assuming the average cost was for this buy was about 5000.00? I know some are more because of options and some are less but I am thinking average. If that is the case then all of the people who still have parts outstanding do not have completed orders hence are not done. By my math those people at 5% per week for 13 weeks are owed roughly 3200.00 and climbing?!?

      SSREAPER
      :BLACKSS: 2016 SL LE BLACK PEARL :HEADERSS: :COLDAIRSS: :COILOVERSS:
    • BKL wrote:

      WrongWheelDrive wrote:

      edwardaneal wrote:

      I got a gbs app for iOs on my iPhone called SpeedBox Performance tracking. It automatically times standing start things like 0 to 60, 0 to 100 - and it also has 50 rolling start presets like 50 to 100.

      It also has time to distance including 1/8 mile, 1/4 mile and 1/2 mile. It is fully automatic

      it is very inexpensive, I think it was $2 and the author has been very willing to add custom presets that were not in the app whenI first got it (they are all in the current version in the app store

      anyway if you want an inexpensive way to time your 1/4 mile or other such things that is totally hands free I recommend it
      Is there anything backing the accuracy of that app? I know a phone alone is unable to do this accurately and this is a phone only app. Its a cool little gadget to play with but its like comparing apples to oranges.As far the the V Box or the Dragy they do cost more but they are both verified with 1/100th accuracy comparing it to a time slip at a drag strips.
      I was just on the Google Play Store searching for "gps acceleration apps" and found a bunch, but decided on 2 or 3 to check out.
      GPS Acceleration - 3.8 AD FREE. Bare minimum Permissions. 843K. Roughly 3/4 ratings were 3 or better.
      Handles 0-60 mph, 30-50 mph, 50-75 mph, 0-100 kmh, 60-100 kmh, 80-120 kmh
      * drag time for 200m, 400m, 800m, 1000m, 1/8 mile, 1/4 mile, 1/2 mile, 1 mile.

      Speed Logic Lite - 4.0 AD FREE. Moderate Permissions. 2.7M. 82% ratings 3 or better.
      0-100 km/h, 0-60 mph, top speed, quarter mile and other speed and distance checkpoints (not specified).

      Car Performance Free - 3.8 AD-supported. 387K. Bare minimum Permissions. Almost 80% ratings 3 or better. Some complaints on accuracy.
      1/8 mile or 1/4 mile elapsed time and trap speed.
      * 0 - 60 mph acceleration.
      * 0 - 100 mph acceleration.
      * Top Speed.
      Paid version available. 442K.

      There were several apps with higher ratings, but I decided not to try them primarily because I felt their permissions were overly broad or the app itself seemed pretty big. I read an article on Android battery saving apps a while back and it commented that as apps got larger they often seem to have extraneous software baggage that may leave unwanted remnants when uninstalled. Because of this, unless I find an app has features I absolutely can't find in a smaller app, I will always prefer smaller apps and with the bare minimum permissions needed to run.

      Generally speaking, most of the complaints have to do with locking to GPS satellites/how many Satellites are detected and this seems to vary greatly by phone model/chip set.

      For several years now, I've used a Speedometer app called "Speedometer" which also requires Bare minimum Permissions to work. It also tells you the accuracy of its locating/computing ability which, if I remember correctly typically are reported to be around 1-2 meters accuracy and seems to read very close to what the speedometer for the vehicle I'm in reports.
      I've been playing with TrackAddict. It's made by HPTuners

      rabtech wrote:

      I am just curious because the thread has become a 54 page mess. It has been going on for a long time. I just want another kind of starting spot for some of the others that don't want to totally backtrack 54 pages worth just to understand the jest of the thread.

      To sum it up as I purchased long before the group buy in October of 2017 and did not get my still till March 2018 and was still missing stuff.

      I would only purchase from Bill again under 2 conditions:
      1. He takes it upon himself to setup an escrow payment system broken into Thirds, 1/3 at time of purchase, 2/3 at time of shipment / receipt of goods, 3/3 when all pieces are received.
      2. Credit card with provision to cancel and get money back, with Bill fully understanding this.
      I like Bill, he's a personable guy, he makes a good turbo system. To quote @rabtech "it operates like an OEM turbo". BUT he's got to get his shit together on the business side. He's awesome on the technical side of the turbo.

      If he ever shows up here to this thread I hope he sees how devoted his customer base has been. Almost all comments have been about his lack of follow up or communications. Nobody has really trashed him, just stated that his business acumen sucks. Speaking with Bill he's also never trashed his competitors. I've talked with his competitors and they trash talk him personally.

      I ordered his gauge pack. I priced it out elsewhere, he made total of $50 on it. I can tell you this, he did in my mind more then $50 worth of fitting of the gauge pack. He machined 2 face's on either side of the WBFS for the temp and oil pressure. He made custom aluminum square stock brackets inside the Ford Motorsports housing so they fit nicely. And he assembled it. My huge mitts of hands had a hell of a time getting the oil pressure gauge out and back in. (It died on me, AEM warranted it)

      I truly hope he get's his shit together, but this does not appear to be the 1st group buy he fucked up. I really hope it's the last. I personally would like him to continue to be a vendor/fabricator for the SlingShot community.
      John
      2017 SL LE Midnight Cherry
      :COILOVERSS: :TURBOSS: :MOTOROILSS: :FILTERSS: :COLDAIRSS: :DONKEYSS:

    Slingshotinfo.com is not affiliated with Polaris Industries the makers of Polaris Slingshot in any way.