Hahn SST TurboSystem Group Buy

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

I am scheduling a server migration and upgrade for Tuesday Nov 13th at Approximately 4:00AM CST. The site will be down for several hours while the data and database are copied to our new dedicated private server.

• You know... there goes @Casey_SS showing off again with all his fancy graphs and crap.... :thumbup: . And @ethermion... I met John a few weeks ago. He is a lot smarter than he looks. Got to be careful with that one :POKESS: .

And WHAT THE HELL... @ericastar76 made a joke about assless chaps while in Maggie, but I didn't know those were real!... or was that my joke... bored-squared
      :00000436:
      Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose. - Bill Gates

The post was edited 3 times, last by SaltyClownNY ().

• Soluga wrote:

@Casey_SS I mentioned to @SaltyClownNY this morning that when i get all my parts and after my mechanic completes the install he has a dyno he can use to tune the thing. Not sure if this will be timely for you but i would pass this tune along for no charge to anyone that wanted it. I would also be happy to send some loot your way to support your tune efforts as well.
      Is he familiar with the AEM FIC?

Thanks for your offer, but I'm good
      John
      2017 SL LE Midnight Cherry
      :COILOVERSS: :TURBOSS: :MOTOROILSS: :FILTERSS: :COLDAIRSS: :DONKEYSS:
    • SaltyClownNY wrote:

You know... there goes @Casey_SS showing off again with all his fancy graphs and crap.... :thumbup: . And @ethermion... I met John a few weeks ago. He is a lot smarter than he looks. Got to be careful with that one :POKESS: .

And WHAT THE HELL... @ericastar76 made a joke about assless chaps while in Maggie, but I didn't know those were real!... or was that my joke... bored-squared
      I'll keep an eye out for @Casey_SS. I am a lot dumber than I look, but I like hanging with big dogs. Very interesting to me.

And, I know @ericastar76 reasonably well. She doesn't joke. But, she and Stacy are sweethearts. Nice folks. Make friends with her while you can. She is due to be busted for doing 130 mph in a 35 mph zone. The law will give her a meaningful timeout.
    • ethermion wrote:

SaltyClownNY wrote:

You know... there goes @Casey_SS showing off again with all his fancy graphs and crap.... :thumbup: . And @ethermion... I met John a few weeks ago. He is a lot smarter than he looks. Got to be careful with that one :POKESS: .

I'll keep an eye out for @Casey_SS. I am a lot dumber than I look, but I like hanging with big dogs. Very interesting to me.
      And, I know @ericastar76 reasonably well. She doesn't joke. But, she and Stacy are sweethearts. Nice folks. Make friends with her while you can. She is due to be busted for doing 130 mph in a 35 mph zone. The law will give her a meaningful timeout.
      Pffftttt! "Hey officer, I was only just barely exceeding the speed limit cause I needed to hear my supercharger go WOOOOSH! That said, wanna see this really neat trick I can do with my mou..." :evil:

:/ Err wait... yeah, @SaltyClownNY we should probably hang out sooner than later!
      If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you...
      // ES-DesignWorks
    • slingo wrote:

@Casey_SS. That is the same issue i have except I do not have the Port fueler. I have Bob's tune. Anyone else without the Port Fueler have this issue when shifting fast?
      Hmm thats extremely interesting. Do you have the stock intake or do you have Bill's intake?

In Maggie Valley there was some discussion regarding Bill's intake and how #1 cylinder might be robbed of air entering the intake plenum creating a rich condition. At first thought coming from my old carburetor days it would be lean. But with port fuel injection, #1 will get all fuel and possibly very little air. Air does not want to change directing when it's moving fast, thereby robbing it and making it rich.

Until I removed the stock intake to install Bill's intake. I never really looked closely at the stock intake. It's actually very well tuned if you look at with with equal length runners that circle around to make sure all cylinders are receiving equal airflow.

A vendor that was at Maggie Valley and I were discussing the stock intake and everyone wants a new intake to get rid of the "cheap plastic" stock intake. But it flows so damn well that it's hard to beat. You figure it was designed by GM and flow tested very well. They don't want lean conditions causing problems where they will have to warranty an engine.

Anyway, I went with Bills' intake because he showed the powerband was moved higher up the RPM range, via a dyno of his intake. That coupled with the turbo I figured it would allow the tire to hookup better by moving the power up.

But I'm now wondering if the intake is causing the rich blubbering condition when aggressively driving and shifting that we are seeing. And NOT the AEM FIC
      John
    • Casey_SS wrote:

Soluga wrote:

@Casey_SS I mentioned to @SaltyClownNY this morning that when i get all my parts and after my mechanic completes the install he has a dyno he can use to tune the thing. Not sure if this will be timely for you but i would pass this tune along for no charge to anyone that wanted it. I would also be happy to send some loot your way to support your tune efforts as well.
      Is he familiar with the AEM FIC?
      Thanks for your offer, but I'm good
      Not sure but he works at a performance shop that has a dyno so if he doesn't he will be learning real soon.
    • ericastar76 wrote:

ethermion wrote:

SaltyClownNY wrote:

I'll keep an eye out for @Casey_SS. I am a lot dumber than I look, but I like hanging with big dogs. Very interesting to me.And, I know @ericastar76 reasonably well. She doesn't joke. But, she and Stacy are sweethearts. Nice folks. Make friends with her while you can. She is due to be busted for doing 130 mph in a 35 mph zone. The law will give her a meaningful timeout.
      Pffftttt! "Hey officer, I was only just barely exceeding the speed limit cause I needed to hear my supercharger go WOOOOSH! That said, wanna see this really neat trick I can do with my mou..." :evil:
      :/ Err wait... yeah, @SaltyClownNY we should probably hang out sooner than later!
      Thought you said you were coming up to NY sometime. Bring the crew... we have room. Lots of laughs down at Maggie. Wife even said "you need one of those laser things" LOL. Probably a little too dangerous in my hands as I'd develop a f'it attitude.... wait...OK, so nothing would change.
      :00000436:
      Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose. - Bill Gates
    • SaltyClownNY wrote:

ericastar76 wrote:

ethermion wrote:

SaltyClownNY wrote:

I'll keep an eye out for @Casey_SS. I am a lot dumber than I look, but I like hanging with big dogs. Very interesting to me.And, I know @ericastar76 reasonably well. She doesn't joke. But, she and Stacy are sweethearts. Nice folks. Make friends with her while you can. She is due to be busted for doing 130 mph in a 35 mph zone. The law will give her a meaningful timeout.
      Pffftttt! "Hey officer, I was only just barely exceeding the speed limit cause I needed to hear my supercharger go WOOOOSH! That said, wanna see this really neat trick I can do with my mou..." :evil: :/ Err wait... yeah, @SaltyClownNY we should probably hang out sooner than later!
      Thought you said you were coming up to NY sometime. Bring the crew... we have room. Lots of laughs down at Maggie. Wife even said "you need one of those laser things" LOL. Probably a little too dangerous in my hands as I'd develop a f'it attitude.... wait...OK, so nothing would change.
      LOL ~> you’ll TOTALLY say F-IT! Damn laser jammer works AMAZING! ~> I’m just shocked at how many LEO’s I now see when riding. Crazy to think how I pressed my luck before.

Alas, one day we’ll make it up there... and when we do ~> get ready to tie flies, grab some waiters and go fishing up in the Adirondacks! I LOVE THAT PART OF THE WORLD!! Great memories in those hills for sure... :thumbup:
      If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you...
      // ES-DesignWorks
    • Harnesses, but I understand you spoke with Bill? I’m missing all the install hardware for the street Intake, NPT plugs, intake bolts etc...
      I have to say it’s a good looking intake, I hope we can work the bugs out, I have dyno Time set up to work on tune.
      Images
      • F50F9FF0-8BAA-4AC0-96E8-CB2058D1BFAD.jpeg

286.63 kB, 1,024×768, viewed 14 times
    • Cobra66man wrote:

Harnesses, but I understand you spoke with Bill? I’m missing all the install hardware for the street Intake, NPT plugs, intake bolts etc...
      I have to say it’s a good looking intake, I hope we can work the bugs out, I have dyno Time set up to work on tune.
      Where are you locate?
      John
    • slingo wrote:

@Casey_SS i have the stock manifold. Once the weather gets better i will get more test runs. I can't believe I am having these problems. everyone else slapped it on and have had amazing luck. I feel like I screwed something up.
      I doubt you screwed up any more then the rest of us being on HT™
      John

Slingshotinfo.com is not affiliated with Polaris Industries the makers of Polaris Slingshot in any way.