Hahn SST TurboSystem Group Buy

• Good luck to you’ll. I put in a order back in September. I was getting turbo intake and fuel system. I think it was around 5 grand total. I also sent emails after the fact about get his motor shocks and gauges but never got a response. Good thing I guess. Anyway after several missed delivery dates and not answering phone or emails. I sent a email and called and left a message I needed a refund. I got a call almost immediately. Wanting more time it was almost done but at that point all I wanted my money back. What worried me if they close the doors like the other turbo builder did could be hell getting money back. I have seen this happen numerous times in the past. Anyway it changed my direction for my build. I would probably buy one of Dave’s superchargers if it was ready to ship but not paying in advance again. I am assembling parts now all of them from places like slingmods and Summit. I hope to get all the parts together and do a complete rebuild at once. I attached a couple pics of directions I am going.
      Images
      • 2B0CE3E4-19CD-49F0-A35D-A2321F0236EF.jpeg

277.85 kB, 1,024×768, viewed 21 times
      • EEB5C138-A085-4A76-9F20-B7789E1E71B4.jpeg

280.23 kB, 1,024×768, viewed 17 times
    • Cobra66man wrote:

Yes, I received an intercooler months ago, a muffler weeks ago, nothing since. I spoke to Bill last Monday (last time he answered the phone) he said I would see shipping notifications by Tuesday end of day. Since then, back to crickets
      Call him and let him know that you are shipping what you have received back and demand that he gives you a full refund. There is not a court in this country that would side with him. Get an attorney and send him a letter.

NO HAHN FOR ME!
      My paint is fast, TURBO Silver!
    • New

Well guys, I got my ECU back today and started her up. She had tiny bit of smoke from the exhaust manifold but nothing out of the ordinary other than burn off. I took her down the street for a test drive and about a mile into it i entered a little bit of boost. I started seeing white (Blue tint) smoke coming out of the exhaust so i slowed down and pulled over. The exhaust got really thick and giant puff came out when I turned the car off. I got out and saw Oil all around the turbo oil drain line flange and all of the frame. I am guessing I did not tighten this tight enough and its leaking from somewhere in there. All the other connections look good. There is some burn off smoke from this but most of the smoke is out of the exhaust. Does anyone think these 2 are related? I am trying to figure out why a leaking oil drain line would cause a ton of burned oil in the exhaust system. Any help at all would be appreciated. I have the standard Stage 2 hahn turbo with ECU tune and side exit exhaust. No port fueler. I smoked the whole neighborhood coming back. Thanks in advance guys. I will obviously go tighten down the oil drain line flange but want to get the ball rolling if that does not solve the problem.
    • New

Few more things for guys. I just jacked the car up and noticed oil drilling from my exhaust tips. It's definitely burning oil. I think I put the fitting into the turbo drain by hand and forgot to tighten it down. The line is tight against the fitting. I just think the fitting is loose from the flange. Still not sure why oil would flow through the turbo and out the exhaust because of it.
    • New

You need to verify that your oil feed line is installed correctly and tight. It is obviously trying to feed oil to the turbo.

You then need to verify that oil is coming out of the drain line. I would remove it from the block and put it into a bucket/pan and let it run very briefly to see if oil is coming out of the drain line. A lot of oil should come out and it should come out quickly.

From there, you want to make sure you drilled your block correctly and there is no restrictions in the drain setup.

If all of that is good, you need to see if the turbine shaft has a lot of play in it. Take off the intake pipe and wiggle the front blade/shaft. If there is a lot of play, the seals could possibly be bad. This isn't very common though.

Oiling for a turbo is very simple. Oil is fed into the turbo, which lubricates/cools the bearing, and then gravity drains out the bottom side. It should be fairly easy to spot the issue with some troubleshooting.

With all of these Hahn issues, it make a guy wonder if he is sending out bum/used/returned turbo parts. Hopefully this isn't the case, but you may want to verify that everything was sealed correctly from Precision and maybe check the serial numbers for production dates. Again, this probably isn't the case but who knows with all of the craziness happening in the Slingshot world...
      Owner of Slingshot #263 that has some stock parts left on it. :D

The post was edited 1 time, last by TravAZ ().

• New

UPDATE* I went back and tightened the oil drain line fitting that goes into the flange, it barely moved. I also tightened up the line to the fitting which got about a quarter of a turn. I was under the car so I didnt go nuts on it but it it now tight. I then wiped up all the oil and started the car back up. There was zero smoke but I was not able to drive it. I immediately noticed oil coming up the threads of the oil drain fitting. I am going to completely remove it and verify the rounded connector is not scored creating a flow path for oil. How tight did you guys tighten the oil return line? The line is straight and is not kinked. The length seems a little long as it sort of curves back up to connect to the block fitting. All other connections are tight. With all the trouble Casey_SS was having I actually checked the turbo shaft for play before I put it in. It was good. Personally I think it is me and not the products. I will update again tonight. Thanks so far for the information guys.

The post was edited 1 time, last by slingo ().

• New

You want the stuff just tight enough so it seals and doesn't leak. You don't want to go crazy on the tightness.

Drain line seems normal from what others have posted, but you with need a Hahn guy to confirm as I don't run this kit.
      Owner of Slingshot #263 that has some stock parts left on it. :D
    • New

I got all excited when UPS showed up and there was a box from Hahn unannounced. I quickly opened it as I’m still waiting for my parts, only to find a got a second muffler. Just what I needed since I don’t have parts to install the first one. Spoke to Bill today, parts are shipping tomorrow and hopefully it’s not another song n dance.
    • New

Pascal wrote:

Sounds like the oil is not draining back to pan, make sure the return line is unrestricted and free flowing.
      IIRC, if the drain line backs up, oil can backup inside the turbo and leak past the seal/bearing. My Hahn Stage 2/2X kit from late 2016 didn't use the metal-sleeved drain line and used push fittings going into what looks like a slightly larger diameter rubber hose to the oil pan connection, but that may be an optical illusion.

Your drain line looks like it's properly oriented and points down to the block fitting. I tried to orient mine so that it has constant downward flow while allowing some extra volume in case the oil is draining funny. Don't know if that really makes any difference, though. Fortunately, I haven't experienced any oil problems with my turbo setup (and hopefully won't).
      This search might help - common oil issues with turbos - Google Search
      Good Luck!

The post was edited 1 time, last by BKL ().

• New

exharleyrider wrote:

May just be the picture but it looks like the drain line has a bit of an incline in it before it turns down to the block. I don't run a turbo so I don't know if that is an issue or not.
      It definitely slants upwards before heading down back into the block. The line goes up about 1/2 an inch and then takes the downturn into the block. From what I saw in other peoples turbos, this looked normal. Anybody have a photo of their drain line? I just took it all apart and the fitting is not scored or nicked. Everything looks like it is together right it is just leaking up through the threads. This is weird one. I am going to try BKLs idea when I get back home. I am going to try and move it outwards to keep it from bending up. Wish me luck guys.
    • New

Cobra66man wrote:

I got all excited when UPS showed up and there was a box from Hahn unannounced. I quickly opened it as I’m still waiting for my parts, only to find a got a second muffler. Just what I needed since I don’t have parts to install the first one. Spoke to Bill today, parts are shipping tomorrow and hopefully it’s not another song n dance.
      Well i have 5 of 7 boxes as of today. Expect to get the last two tomorrow. It takes a bit for our border people to clear these... I have been told my order has been entirely shipped but after tomorrow i will hopefully be able to confirm this myself as well. I just hope i get a muffler as i haven't got one yet....
    • New

slingo wrote:

exharleyrider wrote:

May just be the picture but it looks like the drain line has a bit of an incline in it before it turns down to the block. I don't run a turbo so I don't know if that is an issue or not.
      It definitely slants upwards before heading down back into the block. The line goes up about 1/2 an inch and then takes the downturn into the block. From what I saw in other peoples turbos, this looked normal. Anybody have a photo of their drain line? I just took it all apart and the fitting is not scored or nicked. Everything looks like it is together right it is just leaking up through the threads. This is weird one. I am going to try BKLs idea when I get back home. I am going to try and move it outwards to keep it from bending up. Wish me luck guys.
      I wasn't sure how much to shorten the blue hose, so I left it full length and was initially concerned that I might not have enough of a downward slant to the oil drain line, but I haven't had any problems in 4000+ miles now. The drain line should be as direct as possible from the bottom of the turbo to the block connection. I attached a pic showing how my old Hahn installation instructions show the drain routing from the turbo to the oil pan fitting, but I'd assume the routing would be similar for the block drain (as direct as possible).

One thing I saw mentioned in the turbo oil issues link I provided earlier, was the mention of an oil catch container. If oil were backing up in the drain line for some reason, I wonder if some type of container might be placed in the drain line to allow additional oil to collect in the container at a height ABOVE the block drain hole to allow the oil to continue to gravity drain into the block. Obviously, introducing a change like this should be considered a last resort.

Slingshotinfo.com is not affiliated with Polaris Industries the makers of Polaris Slingshot in any way.