Hahn SST TurboSystem Group Buy

• New

Scott Ragone wrote:

Bill,
      I have been considering whether to go supercharged or Turbo, I’m familiar with both platforms just wondering which one is more usable in the slingshot. Thoughts?
      Scott,

For the sake of equal time and an opposing point of view to balance perceptions, I am also working on a version of Turbocharger and Supercharger Pros and Cons. I'll have it ready soon and notify you and...well, everyone!

In the short run, I can touch on a couple of basics.

We prefer turbocharging for two primary reasons: versatility of power options and efficiency. It's for these same reasons that turbocharging has almost completely supplanted supercharging in new OEM applications, as OEM engineers prize the same capabilities our engineers do. I'll elaborate a bit:

Versatility:
      Turbocharging's extensively more adaptable and adjustable range of power levels offers the enthusiast many options, from upgrading to higher power levels later, to using the infinitely variable nature of turbocharging's boost levels to adapt power flow on the fly. With turbocharging, we can build a complete curve of power levels available on the same vehicle, whereas supercharging is limited to one fixed, pre-set power level which requires mechanical changes to alter.

In a turbocharged machine, we can not only enjoy multiple boost/power levels at the flick of a dash switch, we can also automate them to automatically reduce power at lower speeds so as to enhance traction in the quite traction-limited environment of the Slingshot. We can therefore completely manage power to suit available traciton, whcih improves with vehicle speed. Our history of world records and championships in such disciplines has empowered us greatly to authoritatively manage this aspect on Slingshot. Supercharging offers no such capability.

Further to the versatility of tubocharging, the Precision turbo we use is effective all the way out to 520 engine HP. Should one ever need to exceed that, numerous other Precision models exist that will bolt-in and go.

This video link takes you to an on-road comparison of turbocharger boost production at low and midrange RPM.

As the video helps illustrate, a nice side bonus for turbocharging is that compared to the centrifugal superchargers used on Slingshot, we develop more low and midrange torque with turbocharging. As this dyno comparison shows. Incidentally, this comparo uses published information from the companies illustrated, for true objectivity:

Efficiency:
      As opposed to a supercharger, which draws power from the crankshaft to drive the supercharger unit, turbocharging instead recovers otherwise-wasted exhaust heat energy. This is another reason it is preferred by today's OEM engineers, as it enables them to extract more from a gallon of gas. To this end, in order for a supercharger system to match a turbocharger's output, if both make the same power at the crank or wheels, the supercharged engine will actually be forced to create an additional 30HP just to drive the supercharger. Since that additional power required is consumed by the supercharger drive, it doesn't get to the wheels, but it is nonetheless still experienced by the engine.

Today's racing scene is absolutely dominated by turbochargers, for all of the above reasons. In order for superchargers to remain competitive in classes where turbochargers are allowed, numerous concessions must be made by the turbocharged machines, specific limitations incurred so they don't just run away with it and obsoletize the superchargers overnight.
    • New

shortremover wrote:

Bill from Hahn RaceCraft wrote:

Now the best part: Group Buy Pricing!

For five orders in the Group Buy (click the links below to learn more):

Stage 1 SST SlingShot TurboSystem: regularly $2699, Group Buy 5-unit price: $2429.10!

Stage 2/2X SlingShot TurboSystem: regularly $3399, Group Buy 5-unit price: $3059.10!

Should we attain TEN orders, here's the pricing:

Stage 1 SST SlingShot TurboSystem: regularly $2699, Group Buy 10-unit price: $2159.20!

Stage 2/2X SlingShot TurboSystem: regularly $3399, Group Buy 10-unit price: $2719.20!

All Stage 2/2X TurboSystems include our brand-new Gen 2 Upgraded Intercooler, as seen at this link. You can also view it at this video.

Any questions, contact me here or sales@hahnracecraft.com.
      Can you shoot me a price for the intercooler yet?
      Message sent, thank you!
    • New

I'd be interested, but I need to talk to Bill about end state how I want this set up and if this is the wrong direction. Obviously more interested in the 10-unit price as well. I'm more worried about the engine block and not having all the forged parts in place though. If you all are shy on the 10 unit pricing, give me a yell.

Hey, @WrongWheelDrive... I didn't realize where you were. Need to catch up with you. You may be only 45 minutes away from us. We're 20 minutes from Crossgates Mall.
    • New

SaltyClownNY wrote:

I'd be interested, but I need to talk to Bill about end state how I want this set up and if this is the wrong direction. Obviously more interested in the 10-unit price as well. I'm more worried about the engine block and not having all the forged parts in place though. If you all are shy on the 10 unit pricing, give me a yell.

Hey, @WrongWheelDrive... I didn't realize where you were. Need to catch up with you. You may be only 45 minutes away from us. We're 20 minutes from Crossgates Mall.
      Yeah we are pretty close, I work in Albany which is even closer to you.
    • New

WrongWheelDrive wrote:

SaltyClownNY wrote:

Yeah we are pretty close, I work in Albany which is even closer to you.
      Sent you an email with contact info. Worked in down town for 5 years on State St. We are 25 min. from down town past Delmar out by Thacher Park.
    • New

SaltyClownNY wrote:

Hi there! Sure, let's set up a communique. You can PM me, or if you'd prefer a phone call, PM me your contact data and I'll ring you up. Thanks for the keen interest!
    • New

SaltyClownNY wrote:

Hi there! Sure, let's set up a communique. You can PM me, or if you'd prefer a phone call, PM me your contact data and I'll ring you up. Thanks for the keen interest!
      Thanks Bill! Sent you an email and left you two voice mails. I'll wait until you have time. Thanks!
    • New

SaltyClownNY wrote:

SaltyClownNY wrote:

Thanks Bill! Sent you an email and left you two voice mails. I'll wait until you have time. Thanks!
      You're welcome. Looking forward to speaking with you :)
    • New

Scott Ragone wrote:

Bill,
      I have been considering whether to go supercharged or Turbo, I’m familiar with both platforms just wondering which one is more usable in the slingshot. Thoughts?
      Scott,
      For the sake of equal time and an opposing point of view to balance perceptions, I am also working on a version of Turbocharger and Supercharger Pros and Cons. I'll have it ready soon and notify you and...well, everyone!

We prefer turbocharging for two primary reasons: versatility of power options and efficiency. It's for these same reasons that turbocharging has almost completely supplanted supercharging in new OEM applications, as OEM engineers prize the same capabilities our engineers do. I'll elaborate a bit:

Versatility:
      Turbocharging's extensively more adaptable and adjustable range of power levels offers the enthusiast many options, from upgrading to higher power levels later, to using the infinitely variable nature of turbocharging's boost levels to adapt power flow on the fly. With turbocharging, we can build a complete curve of power levels available on the same vehicle, whereas supercharging is limited to one fixed, pre-set power level which requires mechanical changes to alter.

In a turbocharged machine, we can not only enjoy multiple boost/power levels at the flick of a dash switch, we can also automate them to automatically reduce power at lower speeds so as to enhance traction in the quite traction-limited environment of the Slingshot. We can therefore completely manage power to suit available traciton, whcih improves with vehicle speed. Our history of world records and championships in such disciplines has empowered us greatly to authoritatively manage this aspect on Slingshot. Supercharging offers no such capability.

Further to the versatility of tubocharging, the Precision turbo we use is effective all the way out to 520 engine HP. Should one ever need to exceed that, numerous other Precision models exist that will bolt-in and go.

This video link takes you to an on-road comparison of turbocharger boost production at low and midrange RPM.

As the video helps illustrate, a nice side bonus for turbocharging is that compared to the centrifugal superchargers used on Slingshot, we develop more low and midrange torque with turbocharging. As this dyno comparison shows. Incidentally, this comparo uses published information from the companies illustrated, for true objectivity:

Efficiency:
      As opposed to a supercharger, which draws power from the crankshaft to drive the supercharger unit, turbocharging instead recovers otherwise-wasted exhaust heat energy. This is another reason it is preferred by today's OEM engineers, as it enables them to extract more from a gallon of gas. To this end, in order for a supercharger system to match a turbocharger's output, if both make the same power at the crank or wheels, the supercharged engine will actually be forced to create an additional 30HP just to drive the supercharger. Since that additional power required is consumed by the supercharger drive, it doesn't get to the wheels, but it is nonetheless still experienced by the engine.

Today's racing scene is absolutely dominated by turbochargers, for all of the above reasons. In order for superchargers to remain competitive in classes where turbochargers are allowed, numerous concessions must be made by the turbocharged machines, specific limitations incurred so they don't just run away with it and obsoletize the superchargers overnight.
      Bill,
      I would be interested in seeing this chart with stock HP and Torque on there as well.

Thanksk
      John
      John
      2017 SL LE Midnight Cherry
    • New

SaltyClownNY wrote:

What is the target date you are looking for this buy? I'm interested in the 10 buy, but still need to talk to Bill at some point.
      We're pulling the trigger today. So let's hit all the bases!

Thanks to popular demand, we've decided to add our Turbo Exhaust Systems and TurboSystem Options to the Group Buy as well. The Group Buy discount code will apply across all of these items, as well as the turbosystems themselves. That discount code is "SSTgroupbuy", and can save as much as one thousand dollars or more on a fully optioned system!

Of course, all the Stage 2/2X TurboSystems will include our new Gen2 Intercooler as standard equipment.

Additionally, some new excitement...our StreetRace Billet Intake Manifold and PortFueler EMS are also now in the bidding, at the same discount levels of 10% and 20%. These impressive new products can be supplied as standard equipment on these GroupBuy TurboSystems, and I'll have more pricing data on this shortly....it's surprisingly not as much as one might imagine! More to come.

So, we have thirty days, until February 19th, to gather up between five and ten participants, the total of which will determine the discount as shown below. Joining the group consists of visiting our website and placing your order. We will keep Group members apprised as the count increases. When we hit ten members, we'll rebate the additional 10% to the first nine members. You'll note I say when, not if. There is no "if"...IF we all bust our tails to fill the ten member target. The way I see it, what better carrot to dangle in front of the first nine members than to get them in on spreading the word, in heady anticipation of their rebate$ of hundred$ of dollar$ each?

March 21st is the end of the 30-day window for shipping, so all SST Group Buy TurboSystems will have shipped by then.

So, away we go...interested and prospective members, you can get on board anytime starting at this link. I'm here on this thread to answer questions; shy types are invited to PM me if they prefer ;)

I'm also available, ready and willing for telephone consultation. Just PM me know your number, and a good time window to call and we'll get together.

And so the Die is Cast...Let the boosted times roll, and save some serious cheese, in our first-ever Group Buy for SST TurboSystems!

Here's the pricing and links:

For five orders in the Group Buy (click the links below to learn more):

Stage 1 SST SlingShot TurboSystem: regularly $2699, Group Buy 5-unit price: $2429.10!

Stage 2/2X SlingShot TurboSystem: regularly $3399, Group Buy 5-unit price: $3059.10!

Should we attain TEN orders, here's the pricing:

Stage 1 SST SlingShot TurboSystem: regularly $2699, Group Buy 10-unit price: $2159.20!

Stage 2/2X SlingShot TurboSystem: regularly $3399, Group Buy 10-unit price: $2719.20!

All Stage 2/2X TurboSystems include our brand-new Gen 2 Upgraded Intercooler, as seen at this link. You can also view it at this video.
    • New

Casey_SS wrote:

Scott Ragone wrote:

Bill,
      Scott,For the sake of equal time and an opposing point of view to balance perceptions, I am also working on a version of Turbocharger and Supercharger Pros and Cons. I'll have it ready soon and notify you and...well, everyone!

Versatility:

Efficiency:

Bill,I would be interested in seeing this chart with stock HP and Torque on there as well.

Thanks
      John
      I shall make just such a chart :)

Slingshotinfo.com is not affiliated with Polaris Industries the makers of Polaris Slingshot in any way.