Hahn SST TurboSystem Group Buy

• It's the Turbosmart Supersonic.
    Turbosmart Universal Supersonic Blow Off Valve - Blue (TS-0205-1301) – Modern Automotive Performance

:00000436:
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose. - Bill Gates

• well today i figured out Bob's tune. If you don't shift like a mad man,you won't get the added fuel cut out and it will burn through 3 gears. I wish I could speed shift but you cant. The fuel dumps too much if you go too fast. If you slow down a half a second it loads and boosts like crazy. Apparently it you are use to turbos the time sucks....if not, you are good to go. I have an oil pan leak to deal with and then I am done. To be honest, I am completely satisfied with this purchase. I put myself in @Bill from Hahn RaceCraft shoes and I am guessing he had his heart in the right place. He wanted to give us a great group deal, which we all took advantage of, but got way overwhelmed with circumstances beyond his control. Someone once said they didn't want to hear this but I completely get bill. I got a cheap turbo with lots of HP. He is great with service. His voice on here sucks but I will attribute that to shit he had to deal with. It's always hard to run a shop and deal with customers when shit hits the fan. The only reason I say this is because my brother and I owned a Mustang shop in Florida and our business partner fucked us hard core and left and we had to pick up the pieces. We did our best but we had a ton of angry customers. We had no control even though we wanted to help everyone. This may not be the case but I always give the benefit of the doubt. Hopefully we can all see that we did get a good deal. I am Sorry cobra and Soluga and others have had to wait so long but hopefully the turbo pull will outweigh the negative feedback you guys have for Bill. I don't know him personally but I can almost guarantee he isn't doing this shit to screw with you. some of you have chose to never go Hahn which I respect. I also understand that you will lobby to not buy from him which is reasonable. However, I think we should thank him for even offering this deal. I know it sucks but come on guys. Let's take the high road. Just my .02 cents. I can only assume my rating will take a dive for this one and @rabtech will consider banning me. I Just think we should be happy with what we get. I am happy and I have had a billion problems.

So I haven't been on here in a while...started reading though the comments but there's just so many lol...I noticed that there's a new tune coming out ? I too have the sputtering while shifting quickly ...can someone please elaborate more on this ? Price? Do we s have to go through Bob? Etc...

• well today i figured out Bob's tune. If you don't shift like a mad man,you won't get the added fuel cut out and it will burn through 3 gears. I wish I could speed shift but you cant. The fuel dumps too much if you go too fast. If you slow down a half a second it loads and boosts like crazy. Apparently it you are use to turbos the time sucks....if not, you are good to go. I have an oil pan leak to deal with and then I am done. To be honest, I am completely satisfied with this purchase. I put myself in @Bill from Hahn RaceCraft shoes and I am guessing he had his heart in the right place. He wanted to give us a great group deal, which we all took advantage of, but got way overwhelmed with circumstances beyond his control. Someone once said they didn't want to hear this but I completely get bill. I got a cheap turbo with lots of HP. He is great with service. His voice on here sucks but I will attribute that to shit he had to deal with. It's always hard to run a shop and deal with customers when shit hits the fan. The only reason I say this is because my brother and I owned a Mustang shop in Florida and our business partner fucked us hard core and left and we had to pick up the pieces. We did our best but we had a ton of angry customers. We had no control even though we wanted to help everyone. This may not be the case but I always give the benefit of the doubt. Hopefully we can all see that we did get a good deal. I am Sorry cobra and Soluga and others have had to wait so long but hopefully the turbo pull will outweigh the negative feedback you guys have for Bill. I don't know him personally but I can almost guarantee he isn't doing this shit to screw with you. some of you have chose to never go Hahn which I respect. I also understand that you will lobby to not buy from him which is reasonable. However, I think we should thank him for even offering this deal. I know it sucks but come on guys. Let's take the high road. Just my .02 cents. I can only assume my rating will take a dive for this one and @rabtech will consider banning me. I Just think we should be happy with what we get. I am happy and I have had a billion problems.

The high road indeed! I don't have a dog in this hunt and I've still had a few snippy comments, mostly about a guy keeping his word. It's one of the few things in my life I feel I can control. But there is always an other side of the coin and you're a paying customer that's willing to give the benefit of the doubt. Good on ya and I hope you get your pull!

In my defense, I was left unsupervised.

• So I haven't been on here in a while...started reading though the comments but there's just so many lol...I noticed that there's a new tune coming out ? I too have the sputtering while shifting quickly ...can someone please elaborate more on this ? Price? Do we s have to go through Bob? Etc...

Unfortunately, I think the "new tune" referred to above is for folks who have installed Hahn's new StreetRace Intake Manifold and his PortFueler EMS which uses a "piggyback" ECU that controls a second set of fuel injectors while under boost, but relies on the standard Polaris ECU for operation of the stock fuel injectors under non-boosted conditions.

• Forgot to specify that I have the stock intake manifold and Bob's tune controls the injectors.

As far as bogging down between shifts, I didn't encounter this until about 5 months after my Hahn turbo install. When starting from a stop, I typically try to give it enough gas to get moving, but not enough to spin the rear tire. Once I'm moving, I then give it more gas and shift vigorously. A few weeks ago, I noticed some bogging down, typically during my 1st to 2nd shift. When I would let the clutch start to engage, the engine would bog and I would lift slightly off the gas and then give it gas again and everything would proceed normally. I didn't feel that I had started shifting any differently from what I'd been doing, so I was somewhat perplexed. Unfortunately, the bogging usually seems to occur at very inopportune times, so a solution would be appreciated. :D

Edited once, last by BKL ().

• Regarding the finishing of the group buy????????

Who is still owed what???

I'm still awaiting my replacement wiring harness!!!!

If you recall mine fell apart, and Bill said he would get me another one.

John
    2017 SL LE Midnight Cherry
    :COILOVERSS::TURBOSS::MOTOROILSS::FILTERSS::COLDAIRSS::DONKEYSS:

• Good luck!

I think I would contact @SaltyClownNY and see if he could make you one and how much it would cost...you will have better luck.

SSreaper

:BLACKSS: 2016 SL LE BLACK PEARL :HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS:

• So ...

I guess it's still not over ........

This was posted elsewhere by a member in GA who joined two years ago but doesn't post..... I did check a few facts before re-posting. Hahn's place did go under contract on the dates claimed, he has sold, or is selling, all of his shop equipment (lift, dynos, parts, vehicles, etc), and no new location has been announced or is on record, so I hope the Slingshot owner follows up .....

I am about 90 minutes South of Daytona and would take a drive by but nobody knows where he is ....... anyone here have any new information .....

"RisingUp
    So, wow, reading the threads hurts because as member of the 10 from March turbo system group buy, I have not received my product.

What's worse, I took my custom SlingShot to Bill because he mentioned he would complete a full rear double exhaust add on to the turbo kit. He also committed to other custom painting since my custom vehicle had custom paint from SlingShotOnly.com. I took my vehicle to him in April with anticipation of return no later than my birthday in June (end of June), he committed to the end of May when I took it to him mid-April.

I was not concerned with any of the move and discussion of for sale sign of their ranch and property. Yes his stated reason was to find a better work staff in Daytona and being at his place I understand the struggle. Still, as he started off in good communication (at least would call or respond to my messages), knowing I was traveling he continued to tell me things that obviously were not true. Things he was doing or going to do but never did in the time he said if ever. He even committed to having work demonstrated on my vehicle as if progress was being made (he shared a pic of him working on my vehicle). Its interesting to see there was a clause for delivery delay, as I'm looking to hold him accountable.

To see everyone is having the same issue doesn't make it easier and it doesn't ease my mind about Bill's lack of communication. Without going into the empathy of being a business owner, we are all held accountable when you take someone's money! You have to deliver... BUT BILL HAS MY VEHICLE AND HAS NOT TOLD ME THE LOCATION AFTER HE JUST TOLD ME HE SOLD THE PROPERTY THIS PAST WEEKEND 8.30.18 (and I have email communication) so as this is a very serious matter, Bill is close to having legal problems and grand theft to his business!

I'm patient and honestly want what I paid for without problems! I have all the details and emails of my purchase from this group buy at the beginning of the year. He told me that I can wait until the first of the year to get my vehicle back or get it back now half done and when he gets back up to speed he would come back to finish what he started... but I have no clue what my custom vehicle will be in.

All I'm asking at this point is to be very clear with me on where my property is located, what the status is, physical evidence my vehicle is as pristine as it was when I dropped it off (I have pics and video), and I'm not going to have hidden problems because it's been sitting unattended not started and collecting dirt and dust (when I kept a cover on it in the garage).

Bill seems to be a great person who took on way too much and has disappointed all of his customers due to his interactions. I'm really hoping for GREAT WORK! I'm hoping I'm not having to call law enforcement and I receive my vehicle back before the end of the year! He made me miss all my show opportunities! Missed my entire summer! Missed entering into the GA World Trade Center Bike & Car show! Missed my summer rides with fellow SS owners. He still is trying to charge me full price for everything I purchased and labor... I'm the one in the problem and without the most expensive of all my hobbies...

So as I never wish bad on anyone, Bill is having his own challenges but he needs to step UP! And get me my vehicle with the products I paid for!!!

What has happened is truly and totally unacceptable."

............ bored-squared

UPDATE: I have had a private conversation with the Slingshot owner, Bill did respond today and told him his Slingshot has not been moved, he said it is still at his Morristown location. The owner seems to be an extremely patient and gracious person who for good or bad believes what he is being told. He has said he will keep the community updated. .....

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

Edited 2 times, last by Orangeman ().

• Wow!

I must say I thought this whole thing was done and that everyone had received what was purchased - hearing this now, that Bill seems to have disappeared with this persons Slingshot is very disappointing.

I highly suspect that Hahn's future selling turbo's to anyone familiar with all of this is pretty much done. Now with the availability of turbos from ZZP and DDM I cant imagine anyone who would still want to do business with Bill

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL
    JRI GT coil overs, DDMWorks short shifter
    Twist Dynamics Sway Bar with DDMWorks mounts

• jes goes to show that ye'kin have a stack of "ataboys" high as th barn but all it take is one "ah shit" an it's all in th outhouse!

Gotta treat folk the way you'd expect to be treated and if for some reason ya can't live up to yer promises then let a feller know. Don't go a hid'n an not answer'n ye phone.

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868