@soluga: Answers to your questions below...and a handy link to a page which describes the Hahn SST TurboSystem Options and Upgrades in more detail
1. What would be needed to boost my 2016.5 SL LE to 250+- 300 WHP with your kits? (Not sure if SS's distributed in Canada are different than the US models?)
To the best of our knowledge, Canada-spec Slings do not differ in the engine region. You'd want our Stage 2/2X SST TurboSystem.
2. Should i be adding your kits to a built engine only or can a stock one be used?
At the Stage 1 and Stage 2/2X standard power levels, a stock engine is suitable. For what it's worth, a Stage 2/2X will also handily support considerably more power on a built engine.
3. Is the sidepipe dual exhaust the best STREET pipes to buy (for street use only) for your kits to keep the noise down. (Speed and performance is what i want, i get the attention already when people see the car, i don't need enforcement people finding me by noise)
4. If #3 is selected above should i consider getting the baffle kit as well? Happy wife happy life (Yup the wife hangs with me when we cruise, so if excessive noise is on her side i will be hearing it) I know there will be more noise but trying to avoid intense excessive noise.
Yes, the SidePipes are the quietest option, even quieter with the baffle kit. Exiting the exhaust to the side is very effective in that it eliminates the reflected sound off the pavement which bottom-exit exhausts cause.
5. Speed boost? Does that do what the failsafe feature would do as well? Or should i get both the Speed boost and #9 below.
You can view an explanation of SpeedBoost GPS here. Yes, we can incorporate its function into FailSafe Gauge operation.
To Manage and "control" things should some of the other options be considered as well such as:
6. New Streetrace manifold, can i assume that this would replace the one in your 2X kit?
The StreetRace Intake Manifold is effectively an option on our TurboSystems, and also available separately. What it replaces when added to a TurboSystem is the exquisite throttle body plenum. On the plus side, this swap does help defray the cost of the manifold to a degree.
7. New portfueler EMS does this avoid the Stock PCM tune requirement?
Yes, in that it eliminates the need to re-flash the stock PCM. When PortFueler EMS is utilized, the stock PCM tune, stock injectors and stock one-bar MAP sensor all stay in place.
8. Kinda a strong question but i need to ask, when you say you have a "new" product what does that mean? Can i assume you have tested it quite a bit?
Absolutely. We take great pride in the fact that forced induction performance is and has been our mainstay for the whole of our 30 years of operation, and we take great care in assuring that our products are thoroughly validated and highly developed. Street, track and dyno testing occur year-round for us here in Florida, and I won't put my family name on anything that isn't up to the high standard.
9. Forced induction gauge console to visually look at things and support the failsafe feature?
Always a great idea, and with all the info the console packs, monitoring not only boost and air/fuel ratio but also coolant temp and oil pressure, it's got basically all one needs. We can integrate the FailSafe function nicely into the SST TurboSystem and its SpeedBoost GPS (if so equipped).
I tried the turbo kit group buy coupon over the weekend and it didn't work? Perhaps it's something at my end?
I took a look, and I noted that the powder coating options had not been added to the discount parameters...perhaps that was what held you back. In any case, please give it another go, and if you have any more issues, let me know. Thanks for calling this to my attention, and thanks for not only your interest but also your incisive questions, which I'm sure will help all gain a greater understanding.
Yes, I have been all over your site of late, it has quite a bit of information to assist with my decision, I just needed to ask a couple of questions just in case I read something wrong.
Thank you for all the information and response it helps.
As far as the coupon is concerned, yes I picked the powder coasting as well (Hell if I’m in as much as I’m thinking I might as well get it all) so I will try again later today.