Hahn SST TurboSystem Group Buy

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • Bill from Hahn RaceCraft wrote:

      @soluga: Answers to your questions below...and a handy link to a page which describes the Hahn SST TurboSystem Options and Upgrades in more detail

      1. What would be needed to boost my 2016.5 SL LE to 250+- 300 WHP with your kits? (Not sure if SS's distributed in Canada are different than the US models?)

      To the best of our knowledge, Canada-spec Slings do not differ in the engine region. You'd want our Stage 2/2X SST TurboSystem.

      2. Should i be adding your kits to a built engine only or can a stock one be used?

      At the Stage 1 and Stage 2/2X standard power levels, a stock engine is suitable. For what it's worth, a Stage 2/2X will also handily support considerably more power on a built engine.

      3. Is the sidepipe dual exhaust the best STREET pipes to buy (for street use only) for your kits to keep the noise down. (Speed and performance is what i want, i get the attention already when people see the car, i don't need enforcement people finding me by noise)

      4. If #3 is selected above should i consider getting the baffle kit as well? Happy wife happy life (Yup the wife hangs with me when we cruise, so if excessive noise is on her side i will be hearing it) I know there will be more noise but trying to avoid intense excessive noise.

      Yes, the SidePipes are the quietest option, even quieter with the baffle kit. Exiting the exhaust to the side is very effective in that it eliminates the reflected sound off the pavement which bottom-exit exhausts cause.

      5. Speed boost? Does that do what the failsafe feature would do as well? Or should i get both the Speed boost and #9 below.

      You can view an explanation of SpeedBoost GPS here. Yes, we can incorporate its function into FailSafe Gauge operation.


      To Manage and "control" things should some of the other options be considered as well such as:

      6. New Streetrace manifold, can i assume that this would replace the one in your 2X kit?

      The StreetRace Intake Manifold is effectively an option on our TurboSystems, and also available separately. What it replaces when added to a TurboSystem is the exquisite throttle body plenum. On the plus side, this swap does help defray the cost of the manifold to a degree.

      7. New portfueler EMS does this avoid the Stock PCM tune requirement?

      Yes, in that it eliminates the need to re-flash the stock PCM. When PortFueler EMS is utilized, the stock PCM tune, stock injectors and stock one-bar MAP sensor all stay in place.

      8. Kinda a strong question but i need to ask, when you say you have a "new" product what does that mean? Can i assume you have tested it quite a bit?

      Absolutely. We take great pride in the fact that forced induction performance is and has been our mainstay for the whole of our 30 years of operation, and we take great care in assuring that our products are thoroughly validated and highly developed. Street, track and dyno testing occur year-round for us here in Florida, and I won't put my family name on anything that isn't up to the high standard.

      9. Forced induction gauge console to visually look at things and support the failsafe feature?

      Always a great idea, and with all the info the console packs, monitoring not only boost and air/fuel ratio but also coolant temp and oil pressure, it's got basically all one needs. We can integrate the FailSafe function nicely into the SST TurboSystem and its SpeedBoost GPS (if so equipped).

      I tried the turbo kit group buy coupon over the weekend and it didn't work? Perhaps it's something at my end?

      I took a look, and I noted that the powder coating options had not been added to the discount parameters...perhaps that was what held you back. In any case, please give it another go, and if you have any more issues, let me know. Thanks for calling this to my attention, and thanks for not only your interest but also your incisive questions, which I'm sure will help all gain a greater understanding.
      Bill

      Yes, I have been all over your site of late, it has quite a bit of information to assist with my decision, I just needed to ask a couple of questions just in case I read something wrong.
      Thank you for all the information and response it helps.

      As far as the coupon is concerned, yes I picked the powder coasting as well (Hell if I’m in as much as I’m thinking I might as well get it all) so I will try again later today.

      Again thanks!
    • Bill from Hahn RaceCraft wrote:

      SaltyClownNY wrote:

      Bill from Hahn RaceCraft wrote:

      SaltyClownNY wrote:

      WrongWheelDrive wrote:

      Because this is a pay first type of thing it looks like...is it you pay full price then hope others order behind you, and you refund the difference? The price point (especially the 10 order) is a super deal and id be 100% in, but having to pay up front and maybe getting stuck with the full non sale cost is like rolling the dice. Maybe I read it wrong just looking for clarification.

      For me anyway the money saved Id use to order all the extra options available in the kit lol. Do you have any sound clips of the 3 different exhausts? I see the side exit one in a lot of videos but the other 2 I was curious? Is the race louder then the 1320 header/exhaust combo?
      I'm in the same boat... waiting to see how many he has. I could probably lesson the yelling I'm going to endure from the wife by saying I saved 20% LOL. Just need to know we are going to get there.I had some of the same questions and spoke to Bill by phone this past weekend. Thanks Bill! I did email back about exhaust as I see you are building a new option (or looks like you are) on the web site. I like the Walter exhaust, but need to see what Bill is doing with these new products.
      Thanks! While we are about to release a new exhaust system for standard Slingshots (sans turbos), we're pretty content with the three options we offer currently for the SST TurboSystem. Via our many options, we try to make every SST purchase an opportunity to personalize the system to meet one's own mission objectives, and it's been a really effective approach for our customers to date. Some get the base setup, some go hog-wild with extras, still more find a balance point somewhere in between.I should add that Welter does offer an iteration of their popular rear-exit exhaust that is compatible with Hahn SST TurboSystems, so that's an option to consider as well. So there's even more of that versatility: a total of FOUR different choices in exhaust for Hahn SST TurboSystems!
      Thanks Bill. And according to your and my call, any CAN be put on the stock engine and tuned "down". I'd like to go with a forged engine, but don't have it yet, so wanted to options to tune it up when that comes in. And I think your port filler is what... $1K, but you end up saving the $400 from the chip flash as that isn't needed then, so it's more so a $600 option, no?@WrongWheelDrive... can always have a rebuild weekend LOL. You aren't that far from me.
      You're most welcome! And yes, you make a very valid point about how since PortFueler EMS precludes the need for a $400 PCM flash, so yes...it's basically a $600 option insofar as overall costs. I should also point out that in order to use PortFueler EMS, the StreetRace Manifold must be utilized...but as mentioned above, since it replaces the TurboRam plenum that is conventionally included in an SST TurboSystem, a similar offsetting savings is realized.
      That said, adding PortFueler EMS and StreetRace Intake Manifold to a new TurboSystem purchase will add a total of $1800 at MSRP, or $1620 at the 5-unit price, or $1440 at the ten-unit price. With the fact that the reflash is not required, that saves an additional $400...so adding PortFueler/StreetRace has a true end-cost of adding $1400 at the 5-unit price, or $1040 at the ten-unit price.

      A fair additional investment, but when offsetting costs are factored in, actually a pretty damn good deal...more power, more bling, way more features, better driveability...and the ability to support more power already in place should one ever move up to a built engine in the future.
      I'm going to have to make a list or send you a PM to make sure I'm getting exactly what I need before I order. So with the portfuler its a plug and play type deal for the X2 system? What else is recommended to get if you get the portfuler and the speed boost? is the failsafe still needed? or any other gauges/add ons? Just tying to figure the out the door max options cost :)

      I'm new to building a FI engine...NA is so much easier lol
    • WrongWheelDrive wrote:

      Bill from Hahn RaceCraft wrote:

      SaltyClownNY wrote:

      Bill from Hahn RaceCraft wrote:

      SaltyClownNY wrote:

      WrongWheelDrive wrote:

      Because this is a pay first type of thing it looks like...is it you pay full price then hope others order behind you, and you refund the difference? The price point (especially the 10 order) is a super deal and id be 100% in, but having to pay up front and maybe getting stuck with the full non sale cost is like rolling the dice. Maybe I read it wrong just looking for clarification.

      For me anyway the money saved Id use to order all the extra options available in the kit lol. Do you have any sound clips of the 3 different exhausts? I see the side exit one in a lot of videos but the other 2 I was curious? Is the race louder then the 1320 header/exhaust combo?
      I'm in the same boat... waiting to see how many he has. I could probably lesson the yelling I'm going to endure from the wife by saying I saved 20% LOL. Just need to know we are going to get there.I had some of the same questions and spoke to Bill by phone this past weekend. Thanks Bill! I did email back about exhaust as I see you are building a new option (or looks like you are) on the web site. I like the Walter exhaust, but need to see what Bill is doing with these new products.
      Thanks! While we are about to release a new exhaust system for standard Slingshots (sans turbos), we're pretty content with the three options we offer currently for the SST TurboSystem. Via our many options, we try to make every SST purchase an opportunity to personalize the system to meet one's own mission objectives, and it's been a really effective approach for our customers to date. Some get the base setup, some go hog-wild with extras, still more find a balance point somewhere in between.I should add that Welter does offer an iteration of their popular rear-exit exhaust that is compatible with Hahn SST TurboSystems, so that's an option to consider as well. So there's even more of that versatility: a total of FOUR different choices in exhaust for Hahn SST TurboSystems!
      Thanks Bill. And according to your and my call, any CAN be put on the stock engine and tuned "down". I'd like to go with a forged engine, but don't have it yet, so wanted to options to tune it up when that comes in. And I think your port filler is what... $1K, but you end up saving the $400 from the chip flash as that isn't needed then, so it's more so a $600 option, no?@WrongWheelDrive... can always have a rebuild weekend LOL. You aren't that far from me.
      You're most welcome! And yes, you make a very valid point about how since PortFueler EMS precludes the need for a $400 PCM flash, so yes...it's basically a $600 option insofar as overall costs. I should also point out that in order to use PortFueler EMS, the StreetRace Manifold must be utilized...but as mentioned above, since it replaces the TurboRam plenum that is conventionally included in an SST TurboSystem, a similar offsetting savings is realized.That said, adding PortFueler EMS and StreetRace Intake Manifold to a new TurboSystem purchase will add a total of $1800 at MSRP, or $1620 at the 5-unit price, or $1440 at the ten-unit price. With the fact that the reflash is not required, that saves an additional $400...so adding PortFueler/StreetRace has a true end-cost of adding $1400 at the 5-unit price, or $1040 at the ten-unit price.

      A fair additional investment, but when offsetting costs are factored in, actually a pretty damn good deal...more power, more bling, way more features, better driveability...and the ability to support more power already in place should one ever move up to a built engine in the future.
      I'm going to have to make a list or send you a PM to make sure I'm getting exactly what I need before I order. So with the portfuler its a plug and play type deal for the X2 system? What else is recommended to get if you get the portfuler and the speed boost? is the failsafe still needed? or any other gauges/add ons? Just tying to figure the out the door max options cost :)
      I'm new to building a FI engine...NA is so much easier lol
      Sure, pre-order counsel is a perfect way to make sure you're getting both what you want...as well as what you need.

      Yes, PortFueler EMS is as close to "plug and play" as we can make it. We build our own harnesses that plug directly into the Slingshot's wiring, and save for a few splices made at the PCM, it's all plug and go!

      With PortFueler and SpeedBoost, you're basically fully optioned :)

      The Failsafe gauge and its attendant failsafe feature (shutting the boost down if there is an issue) isn't a requirement, by any means...but some enjoy the additional information and insurance. The AEM Failsafe gauge also nicely integrates to PortFueler EMS, allowing the EMS' internal datalogging function to also include the AFR info from the gauge.

      As to other gauges...same basic deal. Not needed, per se...but more info, and in the case of our Hahn RaceCraft/AEM Slingshot Forced Induction Gauge Console, a bad-ass appearance as well!
    • Bill,
      Seems like the only product that you sell that I do not have on order is the speedbsost option :D

      Do you have more information on it... maybe a video showing how it works in low/high/speedboost settings

      John
      John
      2017 SL LE Midnight Cherry
    • @Bill from Hahn RaceCraft How many total do you have for so far? I don't see a count. As stated, I'll take spot 10, so just let me know. My wife will kill me either way, so if the price is good, it will be a bit less painful LOL.
      :00000436:
      Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose. - Bill Gates
    • soluga wrote:

      I'm in for the deal just sorting out shipping details on the website. Now i just need to get rid of my Ninja ZX-6R to keep the wife happy.
      When I was looking last night I saw it was around $100 for shipping...Hahns sale this past summer was %15 off and free shipping, maybe he will be feeling generous again on the group buy :thumbup:
    • Casey_SS wrote:

      Bill,
      Seems like the only product that you sell that I do not have on order is the speedbsost option :D

      Do you have more information on it... maybe a video showing how it works in low/high/speedboost settings

      John
      I do not have a video, but that's a killer idea for the future. First chance I get!

      One of our many options, SpeedBoost GPS helps tame the prodigious power a turbocharged Sling can make. Its automatic function will enable a seamless shift of power from low to high (about 40 HP different) at a pre-selected speed, say 40 MPH. Once the Turbo Sling is moving at that speed, the additional power automatically applies. This style of boost/power management is another of the exclusive features which only turbocharging can bring.

      Two other modes can be chosen: Low or High, where the automatic GPS function doesn't apply.
    • SaltyClownNY wrote:

      @Bill from Hahn RaceCraft, I'm surprised you don't have an option to upgrade the "TurboRam Plenum" out for the "StreetRace Intake Manifold"... just sayn'
      We will soon! The current webpage was composed prior to the availability of the new intake manifold, and yes, it would be nice to integrate it.
    • SaltyClownNY wrote:

      @Bill from Hahn RaceCraft How many total do you have for so far? I don't see a count. As stated, I'll take spot 10, so just let me know. My wife will kill me either way, so if the price is good, it will be a bit less painful LOL.
      Many have expressed an interest, but no one's ponied up yet...hoping that's to change soon, as the clock is a-ticking!
    • WrongWheelDrive wrote:

      soluga wrote:

      I'm in for the deal just sorting out shipping details on the website. Now i just need to get rid of my Ninja ZX-6R to keep the wife happy.
      When I was looking last night I saw it was around $100 for shipping...Hahns sale this past summer was %15 off and free shipping, maybe he will be feeling generous again on the group buy :thumbup:
      As I am itching to get a group member (or two!) on board so we can officially kick this off...I'll offer you both Free Shipping if you join now! As we can only process one discount per order, and you'd be using the SSTGroupBuy discount code, I'd offer it in the form of an instant rebate (refund to card) once order is placed.
    • Bill from Hahn RaceCraft wrote:

      WrongWheelDrive wrote:

      soluga wrote:

      I'm in for the deal just sorting out shipping details on the website. Now i just need to get rid of my Ninja ZX-6R to keep the wife happy.
      When I was looking last night I saw it was around $100 for shipping...Hahns sale this past summer was %15 off and free shipping, maybe he will be feeling generous again on the group buy :thumbup:
      As I am itching to get a group member (or two!) on board so we can officially kick this off...I'll offer you both Free Shipping if you join now! As we can only process one discount per order, and you'd be using the SSTGroupBuy discount code, I'd offer it in the form of an instant rebate (refund to card) once order is placed.
      I had already left for work and missed your call tonight Bill, when I called you back no one answered, I imagine you already left for the night. I left my number on the voicemail, just want to go over what I need/want before I order.
    • WrongWheelDrive wrote:

      Bill from Hahn RaceCraft wrote:

      WrongWheelDrive wrote:

      soluga wrote:

      I'm in for the deal just sorting out shipping details on the website. Now i just need to get rid of my Ninja ZX-6R to keep the wife happy.
      When I was looking last night I saw it was around $100 for shipping...Hahns sale this past summer was %15 off and free shipping, maybe he will be feeling generous again on the group buy :thumbup:
      As I am itching to get a group member (or two!) on board so we can officially kick this off...I'll offer you both Free Shipping if you join now! As we can only process one discount per order, and you'd be using the SSTGroupBuy discount code, I'd offer it in the form of an instant rebate (refund to card) once order is placed.
      I had already left for work and missed your call tonight Bill, when I called you back no one answered, I imagine you already left for the night. I left my number on the voicemail, just want to go over what I need/want before I order.
      Yes, I spoke to a lovely woman who took my message. I'll make it a point to call tomorrow earlier in the day, using the other number you left with me.
    • Everyone: I think you'll like what I've added to the Stage 2/2X SST TurboSystem webpage. We now show the PortFueler EMS and StreetRace Intake Manifold as options. Just choose the drop downs, and the price (before SSTGroupBuy Discount) will be shown. Incidentally, Stage 1 SST TurboSystem is not compatible with either PortFueler EMS or StreetRace Intake Manifold.

      This should help clarify costs for those who'd like to consider including the StreetRace Intake Manifold, or the combination of Street Race Manifold with PortFueler EMS. A note: The addition of PortFueler EMS requires the StreetRace Manifold, as that's where the four additional injectors mount. While one can order the SST TurboSystem in standard reflash-style either with or without StreetRace Intake Manifold, in order to use PortFueler EMS, the manifold is a requirement.

      And as a further aside, going PortFueler EMS does also save about $400, as you won't have to have your stock PCM reflashed.

      I've also made a few other tweaks to the page, updating it to reflect current offerings.

      You got questions? We got answers, just ask...and thanks to all for the superb input, it's helping us configure the system options and webpage in a more easily understandable format.

    Slingshotinfo.com is not affiliated with Polaris Industries the makers of Polaris Slingshot in any way.