Hahn SST TurboSystem Group Buy

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • Can i ask why you haven't went to stage 2x? I remember when I stayed with a 91 tune on my Audi for 2 years then switched to the 93 tune for fun when I was able to get the gas and it made it a whole new car to drive. Hopefully the kits ship out shortly but I will start with just the stage 2 and move up when I get bored.

      In regards to the discount, I am happy with the discount we got. Personally, I think we should get at least a 5% discount but no more. I normally wouldn't care but he used a dedicated ship date as a sales gimmick to get sales. This should be honored. He seems like a great guy that just got overwhelmed and I dont think we should demand more of a discount. However, we should be entitled to something for those of us that chose him over DDM over that ship date commitment.

      I can't wait for the kit. I am fortunate though because I have 6 more weeks until driving season up here in Oregon. However, with the lack of communication i am worried it will turn into one of those 8 month long ordeals. I am confused why I would get an email and voicemail stating it will be shipping out when it was not. Hopefully Bill comes on to give us a real update. I don't Care if it is late, I just want a real expectation of when it will be shipped. If it will be months then I will cancel my order and get a supercharger from @DDM. I want to have a fun summer. I can't wait another year to drive. We don't get long to drive up here.

      Hey salty, did you take a loan for the turbo?

      The post was edited 1 time, last by slingo ().

    • slingo wrote:

      Hey salty, did you take a loan for the turbo?
      No, no "loan" of sorts, but I did put it on a credit card just to have some sort of control over the funds. Credit card gives me 90 days to pull the money back and it then becomes an issue between Bill and them. I do NOT want to have to involve them and never thought I would have to consider it, but with any dollar amount like this, there needs to be some sort of protection for the consumer while getting Bill the money he needs to produce the product. Problem is, for the 90 days I'm paying interest on the money, so not happy with that. Am loosing part of the 20%, but there is some kind of safety net.

      It's all good. I REALLY want this to work and as they have been "shipping" for the last 3 weeks, I'm 100% sure it will be here soon! :/
      :00000436:
      Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose. - Bill Gates
    • slingo wrote:

      can i ask why you haven't went to stage 2x? ...


      I can't wait for the kit. I am fortunate though because I have 6 more weeks until driving season up here in Oregon. However, with the lack of communication i am worried it will turn into one of those 8 month long ordeals. I am confused why I would get an email and voicemail stating it will be shipping out when it was not. Hopefully Bill comes on to give us a real update. I don't see if it is late, I just want a real expectation of when it will be shipped. If it will be months then I will cancel my order and get a supercharger from @DDM. I want to have a fun summer. I can't wait another year to drive. We don't get long to drive up here...
      I assume you were referring to my Post about trying Stage 2 before attempting Stage 2X?
      I ordered my kit during one of Hahn's "Slightly Warm" specials (free used StreetRace exhaust) in late 2016, just before the swing-arm and associated recalls. I waited for the recalls to get completed and then faced a few more delays (install assistance fell thru, Hurricane Harvey and some personal periods of illness). I finally started my install at the end of June '17, but didn't get it back on the road until the end of February '18. This was the first major mechanical install I'd attempted since the mid-1970s, so if I had a question, I posted on the forums and waited for responses or if I didn't feel like doing anything that day, I just waited until I did feel like doing more work. After stretching my budget to buy the turbo kit, I decided to stay at Stage 2 since it offers more than enough power for my needs without any possible additional stress on my engine that Stage 2X might impose.
    • slingo wrote:

      He seems like a great guy that just got overwhelmed and I dont think we should demand more of a discount.
      I've been following this thread with interest. The prices offered were really enticing. It sounds to me like @SaltyClownNY has his head in the right place. @slingo, I would say that Bill required 10 buyers to make the deal, he got 10 buyers, and cut it off at 10 buyers. That should have been planned for upfront and should not be overwhelming. I hope it works out for all involved.
      Not having children has allowed me to make some really lousy business decisions...
    • slingo wrote:

      can i ask why you haven't went to stage 2x? I remember when I stayed with a 91 tune on my Audi for 2 years then switched to the 93 tune for fun when I was able to get the gas and it made it a whole new car to drive. Hopefully the kits ship out shortly but I will start with just the stage 2 and move up when I get bored.

      In regards to the discount, I am happy with the discount we got. Personally, I think we should get at least a 5% discount but no more.[/u] I normally wouldn't care but he used a dedicated ship date as a sales gimmick to get sales. This should be honored. He seems like a great guy that just got overwhelmed and I dont think we should demand more of a discount. However, we should be entitled to something for those of us that chose him over DDM over that ship date commitment.

      I can't wait for the kit. I am fortunate though because I have 6 more weeks until driving season up here in Oregon. However, with the lack of communication i am worried it will turn into one of those 8 month long ordeals. I am confused why I would get an email and voicemail stating it will be shipping out when it was not. Hopefully Bill comes on to give us a real update. I don't see if it is late, I just want a real expectation of when it will be shipped. If it will be months then I will cancel my order and get a supercharger from @DDM. I want to have a fun summer. I can't wait another year to drive. We don't get long to drive up here.

      Hey salty, did you take a loan for the turbo?
      I disagree with you the discount needs to be whatever it turns out since I am a firm believer that a man that doesn't stay true to his words is not a man.

      He had plenty of time to come in here and openly ask for more time or give a reason as to why they are late, I am sure if he had given any sort of "valid" explanation people would have been ok but he chose to be silent.......

      Remember actions should have consequences, so make him pay so this doesn't happen again to the next group.
      Proud owner of an Ultra Super Duper Faster than Light Red.
    • Neosolidus wrote:

      slingo wrote:

      can i ask why you haven't went to stage 2x? I remember when I stayed with a 91 tune on my Audi for 2 years then switched to the 93 tune for fun when I was able to get the gas and it made it a whole new car to drive. Hopefully the kits ship out shortly but I will start with just the stage 2 and move up when I get bored.

      In regards to the discount, I am happy with the discount we got. Personally, I think we should get at least a 5% discount but no more.[/u] I normally wouldn't care but he used a dedicated ship date as a sales gimmick to get sales. This should be honored. He seems like a great guy that just got overwhelmed and I dont think we should demand more of a discount. However, we should be entitled to something for those of us that chose him over DDM over that ship date commitment.

      I can't wait for the kit. I am fortunate though because I have 6 more weeks until driving season up here in Oregon. However, with the lack of communication i am worried it will turn into one of those 8 month long ordeals. I am confused why I would get an email and voicemail stating it will be shipping out when it was not. Hopefully Bill comes on to give us a real update. I don't see if it is late, I just want a real expectation of when it will be shipped. If it will be months then I will cancel my order and get a supercharger from @DDM. I want to have a fun summer. I can't wait another year to drive. We don't get long to drive up here.

      Hey salty, did you take a loan for the turbo?
      I disagree with you the discount needs to be whatever it turns out since I am a firm believer that a man that doesn't stay true to his words is not a man.
      He had plenty of time to come in here and openly ask for more time or give a reason as to why they are late, I am sure if he had given any sort of "valid" explanation people would have been ok but he chose to be silent.......

      Remember actions should have consequences, so make him pay so this doesn't happen again to the next group.
      I hear what you are saying @Neosolidus, but I'm not interested in first off making him "pay", but do feel as though someone should stick to their word as the late fee was used as a sales tool of sorts like @slingo had mentioned. @Bill from Hahn RaceCraft knows 100% where I stand as he and I have discussed it and I'm sure he will make good on the delivery by my deadline if he still wants the sale. Stating the obvious would be that Bill has some customer service issues he needs to address, but not my thing do do. I do want Bill to succeed and more on a selfish side be around to support this thing LOL. Bill knows my opinions and I'm waiting for another week or so to see if he makes good on things. At this point, I'm good until it's time not be good. I'm giving it just a bit longer and we'll see.
      :00000436:
      Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose. - Bill Gates
    • SaltyClownNY wrote:

      Neosolidus wrote:

      slingo wrote:

      can i ask why you haven't went to stage 2x? I remember when I stayed with a 91 tune on my Audi for 2 years then switched to the 93 tune for fun when I was able to get the gas and it made it a whole new car to drive. Hopefully the kits ship out shortly but I will start with just the stage 2 and move up when I get bored.

      In regards to the discount, I am happy with the discount we got. Personally, I think we should get at least a 5% discount but no more.[/u] I normally wouldn't care but he used a dedicated ship date as a sales gimmick to get sales. This should be honored. He seems like a great guy that just got overwhelmed and I dont think we should demand more of a discount. However, we should be entitled to something for those of us that chose him over DDM over that ship date commitment.

      I can't wait for the kit. I am fortunate though because I have 6 more weeks until driving season up here in Oregon. However, with the lack of communication i am worried it will turn into one of those 8 month long ordeals. I am confused why I would get an email and voicemail stating it will be shipping out when it was not. Hopefully Bill comes on to give us a real update. I don't see if it is late, I just want a real expectation of when it will be shipped. If it will be months then I will cancel my order and get a supercharger from @DDM. I want to have a fun summer. I can't wait another year to drive. We don't get long to drive up here.

      Hey salty, did you take a loan for the turbo?
      I disagree with you the discount needs to be whatever it turns out since I am a firm believer that a man that doesn't stay true to his words is not a man.He had plenty of time to come in here and openly ask for more time or give a reason as to why they are late, I am sure if he had given any sort of "valid" explanation people would have been ok but he chose to be silent.......

      Remember actions should have consequences, so make him pay so this doesn't happen again to the next group.
      I hear what you are saying @Neosolidus, but I'm not interested in first off making him "pay", but do feel as though someone should stick to their word as the late fee was used as a sales tool of sorts like @slingo had mentioned. @Bill from Hahn RaceCraft knows 100% where I stand as he and I have discussed it and I'm sure he will make good on the delivery by my deadline if he still wants the sale. Stating the obvious would be that Bill has some customer service issues he needs to address, but not my thing do do. I do want Bill to succeed and more on a selfish side be around to support this thing LOL. Bill knows my opinions and I'm waiting for another week or so to see if he makes good on things. At this point, I'm good until it's time not be good. I'm giving it just a bit longer and we'll see.
      .

      My last post in this thread ....

      You want to know why I suggested the additional discount if shipping is delayed .....

      History .....

      He offered up the sale, he made the deal, he is the one who isn't keeping up his end ........ that he can talk a dog off a bone does not give him a pass.... this is his business ...But there is always an excuse... and an attitude that all will be forgiven and he will get away with treating his business like a hobby and disrespecting customers as second to everything else ....

      Show me one time on this or any other forum where his group buys have gone any way other than the direction this one has ..... it is an old, known pattern and apparently he relies on people rolling over ... right now on this very forum you can find a member who waited over 5 months for his order then found it was not correct or complete ... don't even get me started about vendors who send links for tracking numbers without actually shipping .. that to me is as bad as lying to your face ...

      When a vendor offers up a group buy he should have already contacted his supply chain and arranged his front end discounts as well as reserved product. Before finalizing the deal he should have already been ready to start production. It took a month for all 10 to pay up so he had that time and all your money to button down production and has now had an additional 6 days per order ... are you seriously trying to convince me someone who does this for a living should be allowed to treat people like this then not be expected to follow through with the deal he agreed to.

      Thursday is 60 days which is double the promised time frame .... . inexcusable ... on most other forums this would get a vendor banned from any future group buys ... hell you don't even know where to find him ....

      For your hard earned money and faith in his character he deserves to be held to the letter of his agreement and you deserve so much more than crickets ....



      ... ninja-squared

      .
      :REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......
    • SlingLow wrote:

      slingo wrote:

      He seems like a great guy that just got overwhelmed and I dont think we should demand more of a discount.
      I've been following this thread with interest. The prices offered were really enticing. It sounds to me like @SaltyClownNY has his head in the right place. @slingo, I would say that Bill required 10 buyers to make the deal, he got 10 buyers, and cut it off at 10 buyers. That should have been planned for upfront and should not be overwhelming. I hope it works out for all involved.

      I was going to respond... But then @Orangeman is reading my thoughts and eloquently replied...

      And I thought I took out the hidden gps unit... :cursing:

      Will have to go back and keep looking...

    • All of the opinions on this are correct and I find no fault in the descriptions above. I have a feeling if this pushes out another week or especially two, Bill will be refunding a lot of money to the banks or have creditors calling. I will NOT be allowing any company to drag something out for 6-8 months. I have spoken to Bill and he knows where I stand and the deadline I gave him has been set. He does have a customer service issue here and in my opinion, he should address it, but not my thing to do. I think a good many of us will be whistling a different tune in a week and defiantly in two weeks. We'll see how it goes. For me, EVERYTHING comes down to the next 10-12 days and if I have ALL of what I ordered.
      :00000436:
      Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose. - Bill Gates
    • As an observer of this thread and the progress of this group buy the only thing I can say is that I will not participate in any future group buys offered by this business. In the beginning it seemed clear that the participants would have to wait a bit for the products they ordered because of the unique nature of the deal, but this has gotten past the point of acceptability.

      Sorry Bill
      2016 Pearl Red SL named "Cage Free" :REDSS: with JRI Grand Touring Coil Overs :COILOVERSS:
    • MiM wrote:

      Sad thing is that sometimes it isn't even a group buy... :(
      Yes, I did notice that a person who ordered outside of the group buy also had to wait an excessive amount of time to receive their order. I can understand that a group buy is different, but if I place an order with a company on their site for a product I expect that product to ship within one or two days. If that product is a made to order product then I expect the EXACT amount of time that it will take to be clearly stated in the product information and I expect it not to take longer. I havent made any performance mods to my sling, but if/when I do I can say I will not be utilizing the services of this company
      2016 Pearl Red SL named "Cage Free" :REDSS: with JRI Grand Touring Coil Overs :COILOVERSS:

      The post was edited 1 time, last by edwardaneal ().

    • Hey all...

      In re-reading all of my documentation with Bill and making notes of dates and such, I missed a line in a recent email I had with Bill this last Saturday. I don't want to get into the discussion here as it was between Bill and I on the order, he did say that he's trying to spend his time on the build and if you need to send him a correspondence to please do so directly. He did tell me that he would be making an attempt to get to any of those emails within a 24 hours (probably longer over weekends). Was a good conversation and he knows where I stand.

      This was just an FYI as I forgot that he had asked me to reach out to you all.
      :00000436:
      Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose. - Bill Gates
    • WrongWheelDrive wrote:

      UPS man just left...looks like the parts have begun to ship out. Everything was packed exceptionally well. Not enough to begin the install, hopefully the 2nd box will follow shortly. And of course pictures or it didnt happen...


      :rolleyes: Not to rain on your parade... but all the stuff that requires absolutely 0 fabrication...

      Oh well, it's a start I guess :/
    • TheRock wrote:

      WrongWheelDrive wrote:

      UPS man just left...looks like the parts have begun to ship out. Everything was packed exceptionally well. Not enough to begin the install, hopefully the 2nd box will follow shortly. And of course pictures or it didnt happen...
      :rolleyes: Not to rain on your parade... but all the stuff that requires absolutely 0 fabrication...

      Oh well, it's a start I guess :/
      Your absolutely trying to rain on the parade lol...The purpose of the post was to show what shipped, not what fabrication was involved...but thanks.
    • WrongWheelDrive wrote:

      TheRock wrote:

      WrongWheelDrive wrote:

      UPS man just left...looks like the parts have begun to ship out. Everything was packed exceptionally well. Not enough to begin the install, hopefully the 2nd box will follow shortly. And of course pictures or it didnt happen...
      :rolleyes: Not to rain on your parade... but all the stuff that requires absolutely 0 fabrication...
      Oh well, it's a start I guess :/
      Your absolutely trying to rain on the parade lol...The purpose of the post was to show what shipped, not what fabrication was involved...but thanks.

      I know, I know... I'm always being told I'm a pessimist, but I say I'm a realist. :00008172:
    • WrongWheelDrive wrote:

      UPS man just left...looks like the parts have begun to ship out. Everything was packed exceptionally well. Not enough to begin the install, hopefully the 2nd box will follow shortly. And of course pictures or it didnt happen...

      Guess he should accept payments in installments...

      But no... It's always all... Upfront...


    Slingshotinfo.com is not affiliated with Polaris Industries the makers of Polaris Slingshot in any way.