4 - Point Harness

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • Bubblehead wrote:

      @WingShot you have a link or name for your harness
      Here is a link to a similar set, these are 5bolt, I'm sure you can use just 4 straps if wanted. but if you look close you can see how the top strap has a fitting that locks into the lock handle, just like mine. I'm away from my sling for a week and don't remember the brand I bought, but if your not in a hurry I can look when I get home. I also use the front mounting bar from slingmods for a professional look. I still use my oem belts for 90% of driving but twisty time I like to be locked down in the seat.

      ref=pd_day0_263_14?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B071NFQ4LH&pd_rd_r=WDRZM8R1T2DJQDFR2BXS&pd_rd_w=NjyyW&pd_rd_wg=OJgnc&psc=1&refRID=WDRZM8R1T2DJQDFR2BXS
    • Tripod wrote:

      MACAWS wrote:

      Bubblehead wrote:

      Does anyone carry a Pass-Through Bezel for the PRP Gen 2 seats?
      I don't see why you would need them. I have had my hoarseness for 2 years with no problems
      Try this for your hoarseness...

      Damn spell check guess I should read it first
      MOE MONEY - MOE MODS
      :GRAYSS:
      LONE WOLF
    • Hi All,
      I have a couple seat mod questions.

      From what I have read, we should have the harness pass through the seat back rather than around the seat head rest area. Has anyone modded their seat back, instead of buying new seats :?:
      Drive so you can drive tomorrow, and remember that fun is always on the sunny side up.
    • Lui wrote:

      Hi All,
      I have a couple seat mod questions.

      From what I have read, we should have the harness pass through the seat back rather than around the seat head rest area. Has anyone modded their seat back, instead of buying new seats :?:
      I don't have your answer @Lui but I seem to remember reading that the waterproof cover of the stock seat is a spray on material. If you cut through it, you would want to figure out how to regain the waterproof integrity of the cover. Anyone who has done this might be able to tell you if you can buy such spray-on waterproof material to reapply where you cut through it.
      Life is interesting. The more you know, the less relevant it is.
    • SlingLow wrote:

      Lui wrote:

      Hi All,
      I have a couple seat mod questions.

      From what I have read, we should have the harness pass through the seat back rather than around the seat head rest area. Has anyone modded their seat back, instead of buying new seats :?:
      I don't have your answer @Lui but I seem to remember reading that the waterproof cover of the stock seat is a spray on material. If you cut through it, you would want to figure out how to regain the waterproof integrity of the cover. Anyone who has done this might be able to tell you if you can buy such spray-on waterproof material to reapply where you cut through it.
      Thanks for the reply SlingLow. I think much more research is needed. I don't want to dish out mega dollars for other seats.
      Drive so you can drive tomorrow, and remember that fun is always on the sunny side up.
    • Hey Stairgod, I installed the process 4 point harness, and I love them. If I'm not mistaken they are 2". IMO, 3" belts would be an overkill. For an off road machine 3" would be more suited...again, IMO.
      Drive so you can drive tomorrow, and remember that fun is always on the sunny side up.
    • WingShot wrote:

      @Lui
      What is your main reason for wanting a harness?


      Sent from my iPhone using TTapatalk




      Hi WingShot, I installed an SC and wanted to be more firmly planted into my seat. The OEM belt didn't feel too secure for me, especially when driving in the switch backs. Now when I corner harder, the 4 point harnesses keep me in the seat. IMO, I would install the PRP 4 point harness anyways.
      Drive so you can drive tomorrow, and remember that fun is always on the sunny side up.
    • Stairgod wrote:

      Looking for a bit of direction @Canoehead told me that there was a discussion somewhere regarding 2" versus 3". @Canoehead says his wife prefers 2". If anyone know where this discussion took place let me know.
      I'm not sure where else this conversation took place, but at my house, it took place because my wife thought that the 2" straps would fit her better and not get in the way so much. The 2 inch harness we got ended up not working, so we went to a 3-inch harness, and she has found that she actually likes it just fine.
      :BLUESS:
    • I am running 3" harness and my wife loves them - she screams a lot less now!
      Most of the 2" are the off road versions, and they do work just fine. If you are using them a lot you may want to make sure they are DOT. Leave the stock belts in place. If a LEO thinks your harness is not approved you can always swing the stock belt out and use them. Not a common problem but it has happened. Plus having DOT belt helps if you are ever in an accident and have to make an insurance claim. They tend to look for any reason not to pay.
      MOE MONEY - MOE MODS
      :GRAYSS:
      LONE WOLF
    • MACAWS wrote:

      I am running 3" harness and my wife loves them - she screams a lot less now!
      Most of the 2" are the off road versions, and they do work just fine. If you are using them a lot you may want to make sure they are DOT. Leave the stock belts in place. If a LEO thinks your harness is not approved you can always swing the stock belt out and use them. Not a common problem but it has happened. Plus having DOT belt helps if you are ever in an accident and have to make an insurance claim. They tend to look for any reason not to pay.
      If these are classified as a motorcycle you can you get a ticket for no seatbelt?
    • WrongWheelDrive wrote:

      MACAWS wrote:

      I am running 3" harness and my wife loves them - she screams a lot less now!
      Most of the 2" are the off road versions, and they do work just fine. If you are using them a lot you may want to make sure they are DOT. Leave the stock belts in place. If a LEO thinks your harness is not approved you can always swing the stock belt out and use them. Not a common problem but it has happened. Plus having DOT belt helps if you are ever in an accident and have to make an insurance claim. They tend to look for any reason not to pay.
      If these are classified as a motorcycle you can you get a ticket for no seatbelt?
      In South Carolina you do not have to wear the seat belt, also motorcycle license is not required.
    • WrongWheelDrive wrote:

      MACAWS wrote:

      I am running 3" harness and my wife loves them - she screams a lot less now!
      Most of the 2" are the off road versions, and they do work just fine. If you are using them a lot you may want to make sure they are DOT. Leave the stock belts in place. If a LEO thinks your harness is not approved you can always swing the stock belt out and use them. Not a common problem but it has happened. Plus having DOT belt helps if you are ever in an accident and have to make an insurance claim. They tend to look for any reason not to pay.
      If these are classified as a motorcycle you can you get a ticket for no seatbelt?
      That is a valid question but I think if it is equipped with belts you have t wear them. Lots of grey area with this machine. I just try to color in as much as possible and avoid conflicts - unlike my younger days, I am too old to be handcuffed to that steel bar in holding.
      MOE MONEY - MOE MODS
      :GRAYSS:
      LONE WOLF

    Slingshotinfo.com is not affiliated with Polaris Industries the makers of Polaris Slingshot in any way.