DDMWorks is showing the white beast some love.

• What cliff are you going to drop it off of to hit 140 mph? Unless you plan on taking off all the body plastics, the Slingshot is about as aerodynamic as a loaf of bread. Not the round top bread either... I'm talking about that square top shit. Plus all the extra weight. I really doubt any SS will go over 140 due to the aerodynamics of it. Not saying that yours will not get to that 140 mark quick..just realistically don't see you hitting those 150+ speeds you think. I could be wrong and if I am I will be the first to by a round of drinks..just don't see it happening buddy!

I agree... 140 sounds attainable ~> BUT, I don’t believe it can’t be done safely without some plastic(s) reinforcement... Over time (and if they haven’t all flown off), you’ll probably be finding yourself constantly tightening all those damn hood clams ~> MUCHO ANNOYING!!! X/

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you...
    Signature.png

• What cliff are you going to drop it off of to hit 140 mph? Unless you plan on taking off all the body plastics, the Slingshot is about as aerodynamic as a loaf of bread. Not the round top bread either... I'm talking about that square top shit. Plus all the extra weight. I really doubt any SS will go over 140 due to the aerodynamics of it. Not saying that yours will not get to that 140 mark quick..just realistically don't see you hitting those 150+ speeds you think. I could be wrong and if I am I will be the first to by a round of drinks..just don't see it happening buddy!

Kenny, I do believe he will reach those speeds. Since a slingshot doesn't have doors for Stickerdick to blow off, the fenders will be the logical body part of choice. Once mark blows those off Robert's white beast, the drag will be gone. :P

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• 146.2 mph is my guess if power is around 450 wheel horse.

After going to one of these events, you realize that a 1/2 mile isn't really that long and the biggest issue isn't aero, its traction up to 100mph.

Once your MPHs are posted, I'll probably take mine out (if its running right) to see how much the stock gearbox kills numbers over 135mph.

Owner of Slingshot #263 that has some stock parts left on it. :D

• Pour Mt Dew all over the tires!! That will make it stick better!!! One time my little brother passed out on the linoleum kitchen floor so we poured MT Dew on him to wake him up, well about 2 hours later he was stuck to the floor and we had to spray the kitchen with the water hose to help the poor little fella!!!

(kind of a true story! I'm sure there were other things we did that i failed to mention as well!) laugh-squaredtongue-squaredwink-squared

Owner of Three's Da Life Fenders and Three's Da Life Apparel

Proud supporter of S.O.G. (Slingshot Owners Group) :thumbsup:

WWW.ROCKMYBLING.COM

• 146.2 mph is my guess if power is around 450 wheel horse.

After going to one of these events, you realize that a 1/2 mile isn't really that long and the biggest issue isn't aero, its traction up to 100mph.

Once your MPHs are posted, I'll probably take mine out (if its running right) to see how much the stock gearbox kills numbers over 135mph.

I'm with you on those numbers. That seems like it would be about right. I can tell y'all that there won't be much left on mine to catch air. My side plastics and my front fenders are off. And we have lowered her to the ground. I hope that someone does not drop a quarter on the ground. I'll run over it and drag the face off of it.... :-) . She will also be as sealed up on the front as you can safely make it.

• And I also agree that 1/2 of a mile isn't that far when your running fast. It does creep up pretty fast.... I have 1/8th 1/4 and 1/2 and 1 mile marked on the highway near my house. We marked it years ago for car racing. I haven't carried my sling down there and seen what it would do. And with the snow I won't be able to....

• Pour Mt Dew all over the tires!! That will make it stick better!!! One time my little brother passed out on the linoleum kitchen floor so we poured MT Dew on him to wake him up, well about 2 hours later he was stuck to the floor and we had to spray the kitchen with the water hose to help the poor little fella!!!

(kind of a true story! I'm sure there were other things we did that i failed to mention as well!) laugh-squaredtongue-squaredwink-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• Not that one. I saw that one. It's one where the Atom is on the left and you can see the time at the end of the run. I forgot what he's running against, but he blows the other car away, whatever it was.

@jorgebri60 there was a video attached to the Wannagofast thread that @StickerDick posted. I tried it but said I had to view in facebook.

:BLUESS:
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.
    ~Mark Twain~