Slingtunes stereo install

• @SlingTunes
    While having the sling torn apart we decided to upgrade the stereo to the Rocford Fosgate PMX3 Kit, with a Diamond Auto 10 inch subwoofer enclosed in their specially designed enclosure. Previously installed in the 4 speaker pods are 4 RF Punch 6.5 composite speakers. The system is powered by 1 RF 400 watt 4 channel and 1 500 watt mono amps.
    The fit and finish of the sub enclosure is incredible. To install it you need to loosen up the rear deck and remove the fasteners holding the rear wall in place. This allows you access to slide the box into the passenger's storage compartment. You then install a couple of mounting bolts that are lined up with the factory holes for the storage bin.
    The install of the receiver was easier. The mounting plate supplied in the kit fits in the hole better than the factory setup. I will be painting the plate blue, to match the sling, in the near future.
    The adjustability and sound quality of the system is incredible. The sub provides a room filling bass the enhances the other speakers.
    Slingtunes supplies quality products and great customer service.
    Almost forgot one thing I really like about the receiver. It shows you battery voltage so you can monitor it when both amps are sucking the juice down.

• Looks awesome, great work! We are glad you love the new head unit and the new sub enclosure. Thanks again for all the kind words man and we will see you at some shows soon! Look forward to hearing and seeing your ride!

Shawn Markley

• @SlingTunes

Question..... for the roll bar speaker pods....

I have the V2 - SSV speaker pods for the front, do I "need" an amp to run the roll bar pods off the factory system, or can I run the 4 speakers without an amp?

Really want the pods when I am in Vegas, but can't afford an amp right now. Hoping that the pods and the new roof will give me lots of sound for the road without the amp.....

But.... better to ask the questions right?

• Yes you will need an amp. Best option would be to go with one of your Source unit kits. Change out the factory radio and utilize the new source unit to power the factory pods and the rear pods. It will sound much better. Factory unit to an amp is still a little lack luster because the outputs are not that clean. SlingTunes.com and check out Extreme Source Unit Kits. They are plug and play plus you can grab the ssv pods and optional Rockford or Diamond speakers. If you have any questions feel free to message me anytime.

• Heh, well I will likely still get them installed, then hook up the Amp when I get back home through a local source.

Amps I have access to.... The Pod's are only online or at an event such as this.