So it must be official?!!

• After searching google and noticing that every part offered by Alpha on Slingmods.com is discontinued, I guess its safe to assume @Turbosling must have closed up shop to pursue bigger and better things in the restaurant business?? I know I've been away for a few weeks so I'm not surprised I haven't read this yet on the forum if its posted somewhere but it definitely is sad to me! Henry was a good guy with some good products. Hope all is well for them and wishing them the best!

Owner of Three's Da Life Fenders and Three's Da Life Apparel

Proud supporter of S.O.G. (Slingshot Owners Group) :thumbsup:

WWW.ROCKMYBLING.COM

Edited once, last by STYLN ().

• Interesting post considering the JRI shock announcement from DDM In the other post.

I'm confused, seriously. No sarcasm. Don't understand what one has to do with the other, especially when it's been one of the worst kept secrets in the community that Alpha has been circling the drain for a while now.

• Im not sure about the timing of the DDM post but I never knew that ALPHA was "circling the drain". I've ordered things in the past 2 months and everyone(including @Painter) received the goods. Thats why I was shocked to see the closure and read some of the posts of orders not being fulfilled.

WWW.ROCKMYBLING.COM

• Just timing JRI was tied in tight with Alpha. Nothing about this post I could of posted same thing in other post. I don’t write worth a shit so it’s hard to explain what I meant lol

• I know folks have been complaining about various Alpha products for awhile now (mufflers, especially), but losing them is a shame as they were a major innovator for Slingshot accessories. Feel sorry for the folks who had problems, but Alpha's efforts will be missed. At least we still have Hahn, SlingMods, DDM Works and the other newer vendors.

• Just timing JRI was tied in tight with Alpha. Nothing about this post I could of posted same thing in other post. I don’t write worth a shit so it’s hard to explain what I meant lol

Oh, didn't know JRI was tied in with Alpha. Thought they were their own company, and I've never bought any of their stuff, so I don't know all the ins and outs. That's the source of my confusion. No worries! :D

• They’re two different companies I believe JRI and Alpha had some sort of partnership on the shocks for the slingshot. Alpha’s name was on their shocks.

co-branding for both. One lent credit to the other respectively and vise versa. Not sure about exclusively or if there was a time frame for developed products. With Alpha no longer around it make sense to move over.

Have seen a number of products of Alpha being offered elsewhere (including importers). Keep an eye on 1320.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• Im not sure about the timing of the DDM post but I never knew that ALPHA was "circling the drain". I've ordered things in the past 2 months and everyone(including @Painter) received the goods. Thats why I was shocked to see the closure and read some of the posts of orders not being fulfilled.

Maybe that phrase comes off a little harsh, it wasn't intended. But over the last couple months, there have been several independent comments scattered here and there, that when combined show the entire collapse of Alpha. One or two comments about not being able to get hold of anyone, a couple about the new restaurant taking precedence, several about not receiving parts or material paid for, or not being able to get support, and a copy of a letter from an employee who was fired, testifying to how hard it was to get anything done with Henry perpetually MIA. So in the aggregate, it gave the perception of Alpha basically in its death throes. Which is a shame to be sure, but the scenario that the business is now closed is an apolitical fact that has been coming for some time now.

• co-branding for both. One lent credit to the other respectively and vise versa. Not sure about exclusively or if there was a time frame for developed products. With Alpha no longer around it make sense to move over.
    Have seen a number of products of Alpha being offered elsewhere (including importers). Keep an eye on 1320.

Too bad there's no such deal or option for their variable exhaust.

• On the TDS it was saying people had to go there and repo their slings back a couple of weeks ago so it wasn’t looking good. I’m editing this customers had to go and get their slings. Not saying Alpha’s sling was repo’d

• I don't ever take anything you say harshly @KayTwo and I'm sure that goes for most of the folks her as well! I was just saying that I never had any issues but I guess I just got lucky now that I've been reading other posts since this thread started. Regardless, I just wish them the best and hope that @Dave@DDMWorks and @Bill from Hahn RaceCraft stick it through to keep the innovating products coming!

Since we are on the subject, if anyone has a used ALPHA CAI lying around please hit me up.....I need a part from it for a project!

WWW.ROCKMYBLING.COM

I haven’t forgotten about you @STYLN ! Just been to COLD !!!
    I can’t get ahold of Henry.... don’t know exactly what happened but it seems a lost cause now. Too bad as Henry really was a true innovator for the Slingshot and the community. The abrupt absence was atypical at best and not a good choice— burning bridges and leaving with one sided hard feelings.
    But... I wish him the best and make no judgements as I don’t know the whole story.

• I haven’t forgotten about you @STYLN ! Just been to COLD !!! I can’t get ahold of Henry.... don’t know exactly what happened but it seems a lost cause now. Too bad as Henry really was a true innovator for the Slingshot and the community. The abrupt absence was atypical at best and not a good choice— burning bridges and leaving with one sided hard feelings.
    But... I wish him the best and make no judgements as I don’t know the whole story.

You stay warm and safe good buddy! Im in NO HURRY at all with my request other than that one thing I would like if you get to ordering some things in the near future!! wink-squaredwink-squared

WWW.ROCKMYBLING.COM

• I haven’t forgotten about you @STYLN ! Just been to COLD !!! I can’t get ahold of Henry.... don’t know exactly what happened but it seems a lost cause now. Too bad as Henry really was a true innovator for the Slingshot and the community. The abrupt absence was atypical at best and not a good choice— burning bridges and leaving with one sided hard feelings.

Maybe @DKF Texas could... Last I saw (might have been old) her Sling was there and she hasn't been riding for awhile... (not facts, just guesses...)

Don't they have @Tangos too? :huh:

Alpha along with JRi designed the shocks specifically for the Sling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• I personally don't have anything Alpha, but I respect and admire all the work that was put out from there. I chose DDMWorks and 1320 for the mods that I could have gotten from Alpha. I did like the variable exhaust, but most of them I've heard of end up sticking and not being able to be switched to use the variable without making some modifications. Many times, moving parts like that with all the heat will fail, so was rather to be expected there would be a few issues to deal with.

I seeing this as a trend, many people jumped in to make some awesome products for our Slings. And many of them are now focusing on one or two parts that they designed and offered, or have dropped out altogether. I hope that most are able to stay with it, and make a profit worth their time. And I'm sure if Henry wants to come back, we all would welcome him.

@D.W.Slusher just PM'd me about Alpha a few days ago. I told him pretty much what others have said in this thread. I don't know Henry personally, but have respect for the work that was done at Alpha..... and have heard nothing but good about him as a person. I wish them all well in whatever direction they choose to go.