Exhaust discussion

• They are all loud, but the closed baffle is quietest. Did all three and you won't suffer any loss in response with the closed baffle. Wife may put up with you longer....

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• I ran the closed baffle for long trips and the open for short runs with the trio. With some practice changing baffles wasn't difficult. Being older I opted for convenience with the Alpha Variable. Both are good and if it's too loud buy her some ear plugs. :D

• My first mod (after the bell housing dust cover) back in Jan. 2015 was the Full Blown Motorsports teardrop end exhaust with its' Magnaflow muffler. Loved the sound and sense of added power. In the summer while my ECU was at Bob's I added the 1320 headers and was loving life after I was back on the road. It rumbled, crackled and popped depending on RPM.
    Lately the decibel level has grown a little old to me. My brother, who in another life probably drove for Ferrari, told me last month it was obnoxious riding right side. Allowing for the fact that he is old (67 VS. my 66) I have come to agree, especially after listening to Jdin's Alpha variable during a wrench session at the Rock's house.
    Long story short-I see my Alpha CAI getting another family member in the near future.

PS
    open to offers on the FBM exhaust. Let me add the fact that I also installed the Vortex cone silencer that made a huge difference with the reverb effect of any exhaust that bounces off the road.

• Love this... got to go visit TheRock soon about mines...This months is a CRAZY busy month!

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,
    AND WEALTH CLASSIFIED US.

• I use the Alpha Variable and very happy with it.

A video of the button we configured from the remote so you can control it from the dashboard. When it is shut completely it is very quiet anywhere. I love the sound it has in the middle "performance mode" as its refereed to.

Great work Jdin.

I've purchased the (exhaust & dashboard switch) parts, to get me started and I'll be fitting the Alpha Variable Exhaust, along with the Alpha Shorty Headers, as the work on my SlingShot project develops.
    You have achieved "exactly" what I am intending to do with my set-up when I fit it.
    Please post what you have learned from your experiences, doing the job, or PM me with some basic info, to get me started.

It will be better and much easier to climb onto the shoulders of others, than to start all over, from scratch myself.

A big thanks to you, in anticipation, from across the Atlantic Ocean.
    Paul.

All the best, from UK_Paul

• Hi Paul,

Sorry for the delay here.

@TheRock connected one of the remotes to a button and we wrapped it in a plastic bag to help keep the water out.

One thing I can tell you is the flap moves very fast so if you want to get the sound you want you have to play with it. If you have the DEI heat shield kit you will need to cut around the tip of the exhaust, and slingmods has a nice video on that. "Race Mode" is loud and my daughter love it. My wife loves the silent mode very much. Only drawback is I have to remove the exhaust and replace it when I get my Super Charger :( .

• We like to run the 1320 header and exhaust. We have tested the 1320 header against the alpha header on our supercharger kit and found that the 1320 is capable of more power.
    Polaris Slingshot 1320 Performance 2.0 version Header
    Polaris Slingshot 1320 Performance 2.0 version Header and Exhaust combo

We also make Cold Air Intakes ;)
    Cold Air Intakes and Accessories

And the tune from Bob really helps.

Side note. We will be testing our high performance Cams in a NA engine here soon.

Jeff Mellor
    DDMWorks
    119A Highway 183
    Piedmont, SC 29673
    Orders - 864-438-4949
    Tech Support - 864-907-6004
    www.DDMWorks.com