Insurance for Slingshot

• Good for you! Money you can use for other Slingshot goodies.

• One son in college.
    I have used Dan(Progressive) for the past couple years. I have him looking around for a better policy right now because this year they raised it $40 again. That ticks me off when there hasn’t been any claims or citations!

• One son in college.
    I have used Dan(Progressive) for the past couple years. I have him looking around for a better policy right now because this year they raised it $40 again. That ticks me off when there hasn’t been any claims or citations!

I learned something from Dan the other day...you could write the exact same policy for the exact same person, and they could be two different prices if they are just a few months apart. It all depends on what the insurance company sets as their baseline, which changes periodically dependent on what the company is trying to do - profits vs market competitiveness. Ask him to recheck, he might surprise you.

• I just got off the phone with Dan. He cut my insurance from $799/yr to $485 by insuring 2 quads and a motorcycle on the same policy. He is very informative on your coverage and is readily accessible by phone. Email may take a little longer. Like @KayTwo said, the price can differ with time. Thanks Dan!!!

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Just renewed my coverage with Allstate. According to my agent they have revamped their motorcycle coverage and no longer give discounts for Passive Restraints or Anti lock brakes on the Slingshot. This increased my cost by 20%. NOT HAPPY but after checking around they are still cheaper than anyone else in my area. I had the discounts for the last 2 years but he said there was nothing he could do about it and was not happy about losing customers due to this himself. Such is life I suppose.. :cursing:

4 Wheels move the body, 3 Wheels move the soul!

• Just renewed my coverage with Allstate. According to my agent they have revamped their motorcycle coverage and no longer give discounts for Passive Restraints or Anti lock brakes on the Slingshot. This increased my cost by 20%. NOT HAPPY but after checking around they are still cheaper than anyone else in my area. I had the discounts for the last 2 years but he said there was nothing he could do about it and was not happy about losing customers due to this himself. Such is life I suppose.. :cursing:

Call to see what he can do.
    Dan Herrera
    TWFG Insurance Services
    (832) 364-6630 phone
    dherrera@twfg.com

• Call to see what he can do.Dan Herrera
    TWFG Insurance Services
    (832) 364-6630 phone
    dherrera@twfg.com

Concur with @Slingrazor. When I talked to Dan, one of the things he told me is that the parent companies, not the individual brokers or salesmen, can change their price points and rate breaks as much as weekly. I was on the phone with Dan for over an hour, just chatting and learning from him, in addition to setting up my policy. Definitely worth checking out with him.

• I reached out to Dan, but we never quite got connected up. Progressive was what he quoted, and I found local independent agent who also quoted best price on Progressive

The trouble with bucket seats is not everyone has the same size 'bucket'.

• I'm paying 335 yr with Allstate on the 2018 SLR
    51 years old
    Full coverage, 500 deductible collision
    100 comp
    No multi car discount because it's considered motorcycle in Florida

that discount should apply since the discount is based on multiple vehicles not just cars, at least that's how State farm handles it.

I would look into it, you could have an uninformed agents, those are as common as idiot mechanics at Polaris dealers

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• I was with Progressive and he quoted a lower rate using Progressive. Keep trying to get in touch with him.

I'm really happy Dan fills a need, and so many are happy with his service. I was very disappointed with Dan. When I called I got quote right away on sling, I said I wanted home/auto/liability policy all with same agent, same time, all annual pay. He had me fax my current info, said he could write policies in Florida, then he disappeared. I left few messages and emails, last time I called was March 20, I called he answered, and was in car on way back to office from lunch, and would call me back in 10 minutes. Still waiting ?(

I'm not gonna work that hard to try to give my money to someone on commission, found someone local who actually wanted my business. Like I said glad others got things to work out. For some reason, we never did. :(

The trouble with bucket seats is not everyone has the same size 'bucket'.

• Do insurance companies issue rates based on zip code? So what I pay with the same stats...age, driving record...etc might not be what you pay.....also don’t forget about your credit score.

They absolutely do. Population density is a huge factor. Also marital status, home ownership vs. renting, driving record, age, sex (not a yes or no question), etc.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)