Short Shifter tech question

• @Dave@DDMWorks Maybe you can help. 12/30/17 I sent an email to tech@ddmworks.com, haven't seen an answer, so I thought I'd try here.

I bought a short shifter on the Black Friday sale, installed as soon as it arrived.

Shift pattern was pretty stiff, and a little noisy, so I removed it and put a film of grease on the white slotted plastic barrel. Didn't help much, still pretty stiff especially trying to go into first. Ridden several times in December and this year, doesn't really feel like its breaking in. up shifting under power isn't a problem

Any suggestions? More grease, different kind of grease in the housing? I used the grease gun which has bearing grease in it.

Thanks much, appreciate the help.

The trouble with bucket seats is not everyone has the same size 'bucket'.

• I forgot to mention that I didn't like the stiffness at first and almost took mine out, too. Love mine now. Wouldn't want to go back.
    IIRC, I think I read about someone installing the top aluminum plate/block upside down and negatively affecting shift operations. Just can't remember where.

• Got mine in the Dec deal also. Thought it was very stiff. Have driven a couple hundred miles since install and have gotten used to it. Drove my wife's SS with the Alpha shifter a couple days ago. Was very happy to get back into mine. She will probably want a shifter like mine soon but she hasn't driven mine since the SC install. She isn't too big on riding in temps under 40 degrees. :D
    Going to be in the upper 40's next week so she plans on getting some more SS seat time. She needs to see what it is like with the SC.

• Drove my wife's SS with the Alpha shifter a couple days ago. Was very happy to get back into mine.

Did y'all put an Alpha short shifter in it ..... 'cause it had a 1320 short adapter and low profile shift knob that shortened the throw but still had the stock geometry pattern ....

......... ninja-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• No sir @Orangeman. I incorrectly assumed you had put in an Alpha shifter. Guess I should have contacted you to verify. We have both really liked the feel. After I got the DDM short shifter I really like it. Just have to replace the Sparco knob with one that is as comfortable.

• Grease the heck out of it! After installing the nylon pieces, turn the large one around and back and forth several times before putting in. Works great!
    Yes... still a little “stiffer” than stock but it gets much better after use.

• thanks all, I did loosen up the bolts, and added more grease. Already had the heavy knob. Will give more time, but seems better already.

The trouble with bucket seats is not everyone has the same size 'bucket'.

• Wish I could offer some insight on this subject but I am still waiting for my short shifter to ship that I ordered from DDM on 12/16. :00008862:

The next batch has shipped to us and we are scheduled to get that batch this coming week, once they get here, we will get them on the way to everyone, so you should see yours soon! Sorry for the backorder on these, the holiday sales can catch us off guard sometimes.

• Sorry we missed your emails!

Typically the problem we see with something like this is that the black adapter that is part of our kit gets installed upside down. The adapter is the piece with the hole in it, with the 2 little tabs on the inside. That piece can be installed with the tabs more towards the bottom, or more towards the top. It it gets installed with the tabs more towards the top, it will still work, but that makes the effort a lot higher and more notchy. The tabs must be more towards the bottom for the shifter to work as designed. If you want to pop out your shifter, you can text pictures to our tech line at 864-907-6004 and we can help you with that also. Let us know if there is anything else we can answer or help you with! Dave