The day I fell in Love

• I was going through my dropbox pictures and ran across this one from 2014. While at sturgis, Polaris setup a small area next to their Indian tents showing off their soon to be made available polaris slingshot. From that point on, I got on a waiting list. :love:
    They were giving small demo rides (as passenger), but for obvious reasons, I didn't get to ride one until late (really late) 2015 when they finally arrived down south in Texas.

• I fell in LOVE late Oct 2014 when I saw the first picture of the Slingshot...Christmas Eve 2014 got to sit in one for a couple of minutes....and we had the same problem in Indiana that Texas had....so my dealer is Nielsen's in Lake Villa, IL....knew I was going to get one just figuring out how to in Indiana---everybody said NO. I put money down on one 13 Feb 2015 at the Chicago Bike Show and went about trying to figure out how to title.....on 20 Feb went to the DMV in person (no phone call) and when they looked at the computer they said it did not exist. Needed a VIN to check, 20 minutes later I had a VIN for them to check --- YES we can register, title and plate as an MC. 24 Feb 2015 sitting in a new Slingshot soon to be delivered...Just a little smile and on 25 Feb

25 Feb delivered to my home in Northern Indiana

26 Feb 2015 Titled and ready to ride....probably saw the snow in the picture above so didn't ride for a month or so. But now have just over 60,000 miles in the seat of a Slingshot and I SMILE every time I start the engine.
    Loving every mile. Cold snowy night story from Northern Indiana

• In early 2015 I saw a slingshot headed in the opposite direction on the highway. I had no idea what it was, so I spun around and chased the guy for about 5 miles until he finally pulled over. When I got out of my truck and walked up to him he looked like a deer in the headlights. I said all I want to know is what is this thing and where can I get one.

Found a dealer 3 hours away with a demo - drove up with my wife and they tossed us the keys. We drove around for an hour in the rain. After we got back in the truck Colette said "you need one of these" She bought me a 2015 Grey for fathers day.

Changed my life for the better because I have all of you lunatics to talk to every day!

Love my wife and my life!

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• No first look pics, but my wife spotted the SS’s at the Polaris display at Daytona Bike Week in 2016. We had a Harley at the time and were checking out the new HD stuff, and Polaris was next door. So we went to see the SS’s, sat in them, liked them and when we got home I called my Polaris dealer in Canada and made a deal. We picked it up in May when we got done being snowbirds and went home. The pic is of me after getting it from the dealer.

• We were out looking at side by sides Saturday the weekend before Thanksgiving 2014. Had decided I was going to get a Razor 1000cc 4 seater. I was getting gas the next day and ran into a guy I knew and told him about it while I was filling my Jeep. He said I needed to look at the Slingshot. Told him I had heard of them but didn't think they were in production. He said "I don't know but they are cool!"
    Went home and looked them up on YouTube. Showed Patti and she said "That looks like fun."
    Every man knows that means "You should get one!!!" I went down Monday and put my deposit on one. Had still not seen one in person and since I'm 6'3" I didn't know if I would fit it. They agreed that if I didn't fit I would get my deposit back. That Wednesday we were headed to OKC for Thanksgiving and I told Patti I had put my deposit down on the Slingshot. She said "I thought we were going to talk about it?" I said "We did. You said it looked fun." She words her responses much more carefully now. :D
    Wasn't supposed to be in until January of 15 but they called me Dec 11, 2014, the week after my birthday, and asked if I wanted my Slingshot. I said "I'll be there in 30 minutes."
    Picked it up in the cold rain and Patti drove the Jeep to our Jeep club meeting. First SS in NW AR. Had 20 guys out looking it over and asking lots of questions. I told them I would be happy to answer all their questions as soon as I found out something about it. I had only driven 5 miles and it was the first time I had seen one myself! :D:D:D
    On my second one now and Patti got hers in June of 17! I think we kind of like these things!

• I had been following them long before they were available. My wife and I were caregivers for my parents, and when the Slingshot came out, it wasn't good timing. Both of us working full time, grand kids and sports, and my mom who's health was rapidly deteriorating. Not to mention maintaining both my house and things and my mom's house and things. We did get a ride in one in May of '15, as one of my close friends bought one and brought it over for use to try (see first pic). Mom passed May 1st of 2016. We took the Harleys out about 2 week later, and I felt somewhat guilty for enjoying myself. I told my wife that we needed to figure out how to have fun again. Her response? "Do you want to go look at the Slingshots?" We went the following weekend. We stopped on Friday to look, while on our way to her family reunion on her dad's side. We were seriously considering the Blue, but I got a pic of her that day looking at the red one (see second pic). We came back home on Sunday, and without a test drive that day, drove ours (the red one) home. The lastpic is just before leaving the dealership for my first ride in it. We've owned it just over 19 months, and had it parked because of winter and salt on the roads about 7 months of that time. I'm less than 300 miles from hitting 26,000.... if I'm not in love with it, I'd at least say it's a serious relationship!

• It was a beautiful day in September, September 30th to be exact. I had already been looking and had my heart set on the Orange Madness. I had to get my wife on board so we took a Motorcycle ride up to Seneca SC to one of our favorite lunch spots. I had already decided to stop in to the Polaris Store in Seneca to spark her interest with a test drive. It worked, we came home with a new 2017 Slingshot that day.. Traded the Harley and haven't looked back.

Sent from my iPad using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

Michael West
    Gainesville Ga.
    404-401-0841

:SLRSS::COLDAIRSS::MOTOROILSS: :OILFILTERSS: :00008862::00008698:

:00000436::00000436::00000436:

• Aug. 8, 2014,.. The date I saw it on-line. Polaris just released it and said it would be available soon. :rolleyes: 2 weeks,.. :thumbsup: I called my dealer and ordered one not knowing what the heck it was. It was delivered to me Feb. 8, 2015 and the temp was -8. I still went for a ride :S:thumbsup: It was either the Slingshot or this,...I might still buy one.