Geico ins in Fl

• I want to get my sling registered here in Fl,( I'm a snowbird and want to leave it down here all year) Tried to get insurance through Geico and they said they will not insure the Sling in Fl -- I have Geico for my Cheetah ( in NY) -- anybody else tried to get Geico in Fl ? -- any suggestions for insurance companies in Fl ??

• I want to get my sling registered here in Fl,( I'm a snowbird and want to leave it down here all year) Tried to get insurance through Geico and they said they will not insure the Sling in Fl -- I have Geico for my Cheetah ( in NY) -- anybody else tried to get Geico in Fl ? -- any suggestions for insurance companies in Fl ??

Geico used to insure the Slingshot here but through a specialty vehicle provider in the state (To do business in FL insurers must have a base here) but it was VERY pricey ....Progressive does the same..... If you have a good record and credit Allstate is who most in the state find the best Slingshot rates and coverage .... mine was under $200 for full boat 12 month policy (it's a MC here) at my last renewal. Do yourself a favor and contact a local office, not the mothership. As mentioned FL has its own rules and the national office jacks the rate with coverage not valid in FL under MC regs.

Good hunting ......... ninja-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• I’ll call Allstate when it’s time to renew..trouble is the state to state issue and all insurance companies suck...they aren’t like they were in the old days...

Today If you’re costing them a nickel they’ll dump your ass...there is no more customer loyalty...just red ink and black ink...the bottom line rules...

• I got a quote from allstate here in fl, the first quote was $850 -- the second was $320 ( they said they didn't have to charge me the uninsured charge because they could us the coverage I have on my truck ?? ) State Farm was $4 and some change -- I've never had a claim with any company

• I got a quote from allstate here in fl, the first quote was $850 -- the second was $320 ( they said they didn't have to charge me the uninsured charge because they could us the coverage I have on my truck ?? )

That's what I was talking about when I mentioned national companies adding coverage that has nothing to do with MC's in FL ... keeping in mind you have leverage since we are not even required to carry any insurance on MC's in FL .....

FL uninsured/under insured coverage unlike other states only covers medical payments, then only after all other sources are exhausted ... it does not cover yours (or anyone's) vehicle if you are hit by an uninsured driver and does not apply to MC's ... so junk coverage for the Slingshot .... if your quote was not from a FL based agent I would get it re-quoted but $320 is right in the average range of what I have seen with them for new policy full coverage ... in my experience it went down at each renewal if you keep a clean record ......

...... nerd-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

Edited once, last by Orangeman ().