Can anyone recommend a Pole Barn Contractor (North East)

• Just be aware if you bury one, they are actually not designed to take pressure on the walls or top aside from the strengthened corners and beams. In other words, they are great for stacking other containers on top of, because the points that carry the weight are strengthened. They aren't designed to withstand the pressure and weight over every square inch.

The other thing you need to do is seal the metal against corrosion if they are underground.

I've seen this done, it just takes a little prep and extra work. When I have the land and space, I will be using these to my advantage, for sure.

Roger that @KayTwo! I'm not the engineer on this project, just the guy with an excavator. I know that sealing/corrosion will be dealt with and will pass on your info about load. The guy doing it is a brainiac and is likely aware of that. I did dig out for a full blown underground bunker a while back and that guy did an actual poured concrete slab, filled and reinforced cinder block walls, and engineered and rebar reinforced roof. He has full electric service with a backup genny served by an underground prop tank, and full bathroom with shower and toilet with a macerator pump. Pretty cool setup. He is now ready for full-out war, government intervention, the zombie apocalypse, or 4 inches of snow - whichever comes first!

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• I did dig out for a full blown underground bunker a while back and that guy did an actual poured concrete slab, filled and reinforced cinder block walls, and engineered and rebar reinforced roof. He has full electric service with a backup genny served by an underground prop tank, and full bathroom with shower and toilet with a macerator pump. Pretty cool setup.

Dude, if there is any way to get design documents for that set-up, I'd love to see it. Sounds awesome.

• Dude, if there is any way to get design documents for that set-up, I'd love to see it. Sounds awesome.

No docs that I'm aware of. It was designed and built by another smart guy/jet pilot. I could share some details with you but then I'd have to kill you! :D Just kidding, but I'd have to pick his brain some for the info. I'll do that next time we shoot together - he's been pretty open with me but keeps it pretty close to the vest for obvious reasons. He also incorporated an air-exchange system of some sort. It's about 12 x 30 with two rooms and a fortified underground entrance with a cleverly disguised above-ground access point and an emergency exit with defense capabilities. He has a military background and really thought it through, but it is completely off the record. I may have already exceeded my security clearance but will see what I can pass on and still keep the trust. Keep in mind that it is on rural acreage and not in town.

• No docs that I'm aware of. It was designed and built by another smart guy/jet pilot. I could share some details with you but then I'd have to kill you! :D Just kidding, but I'd have to pick his brain some for the info. I'll do that next time we shoot together - he's been pretty open with me but keeps it pretty close to the vest for obvious reasons. He also incorporated an air-exchange system of some sort. It's about 12 x 30 with two rooms and a fortified underground entrance with a cleverly disguised above-ground access point and an emergency exit with defense capabilities. He has a military background and really thought it through, but it is completely off the record. I may have already exceeded my security clearance but will see what I can pass on and still keep the trust. Keep in mind that it is on rural acreage and not in town.

Copy all. I would be tight-lipped too, if that were my place. Matter of fact, I'd probably kill all the craftsmen and equipment operators...watch out you don't catch a bullet in the brain pan.

Seriously, though, I'd love to know the systems and layouts he has going for him, no identifiable details. Although, if he's willing to give a tour, I'd be happy to come visit, and bring all the beer and bullets we need for a great weekend afterwards!

• There are several companies that do nothing but build underground shelters. There are tons of videos out there on different available designs also. Information is readily available...

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• There are several companies that do nothing but build underground shelters. There are tons of videos out there on different available designs also. Information is readily available...

Yeah, but then you gotta talk to people, and buy their product, and then they *know* what you have, and then you gotta find a new place to hide the bodies....

• Yeah, but then you gotta talk to people, and buy their product, and then they *know* what you have, and then you gotta find a new place to hide the bodies....

If you buy property with an old cemetery (like me) you have plenty of places to hide bodies. Nobody like to o into the cemetery so they will never know?
    Just Sayin

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Matter of fact, I'd probably kill all the craftsmen and equipment operators...watch out you don't catch a bullet in the brain pan.

I made it clear that pics and details were locked safely in my safe and other undisclosed locations...my momma never raised no fool!

Although, if he's willing to give a tour, I'd be happy to come visit, and bring all the beer and bullets we need for a great weekend afterwards!

Sounds like you have his number! I bet you two would get along famously. Might take a few bullets however. When it comes to self-defense, there is no such thing as overkill...

Edited once, last by SlingLow ().

• I build everything myself. Don't trust any contractors as far as I can throw them. ONLY thing I've hired was a foundation guy and a roofer (hate hight) and the roofer ended me in a 2 year law suite even with good references. At this point, I know more than they do. Do it yourself! If you don't know how, I'll come down and show you. I would HIGHLY recommend either doing something like @AllIn5450 did or get yourself one of these:

ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1516395214&sr=8-6&keywords=12+x+24+garage&th=1

I purchased one of the above and it lasted for years until we went away for a week and it snowed, rained, and snowed again and the 18" of snow on top of it crushed it. As long as you go into it and push the snow off the roof, it's fine. We also get 24" of snow very often.

:00000436:
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose. - Bill Gates

• Glad to see you got one @slingshoter1 . I have very little issues with mine other then them sinking into the ground and can't open the doors. The trick is to make sure they are level right to left so the doors open easily. If the one end opposite of the door is slightly higher than any excess moisture will drain out if it doesn't sink into the wood floor. Just don't pile a few tons of pipe and a bobcat on top, it does hold up very well.