New Years Resolutions

• Thought I would start this thread to see if anybody is going to have a New Year’s Resolution and if so post your progress here. Imma try real hard (this time) to quit smoking cigarettes. Hope to at least go to vaping and an occasional cigar (no way I can give up cigars forever)!!! Good luck to anyone that tries something new in the upcoming year !!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Good luck with that brother Bill!!
    I know your swampass can kick the shit out of those cigarettes!!
    Mine is that, I want to be more focused and apply more positive energy to my business. No more will I say "business sucks!"
    We are turning a corner, and it's exciting!! :thumbup:
    (oh ya, and I want to buy a Slingthing Cave this year!!) :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Never trust a ConnMan!!
    (Man I love that line!)
    :00007555:

• Good luck bill on the cigs, hope you can quit, I'm not saying vapeing is the way to go but if I can make it till may 1st it will be 2 years with out a cig..! Yes some can quit cold turkey I've seen and read all there stories, but you got to want to quit...! I'm just saying this is what I did...2 packs a day for 32 years, like I said it may not be perfect but I've read the ingredients in them both and I'll take my chances with the vape juice....!!!! Good luck brother....! :thumbup:

• ConnMan The thing I was thinking as I read Bill's post --- Take a little more time NOT working. And more time Riding the Slingshot. Than you had to pop up and say work a little harder!!!!!!!!!!! My Residential Painting business is going stronger than ever (over night success --- been in business 40+ years --- close to over night). My son is my right hand and just going to let him do more and more.

Best wishes to all as we approach 2018.

• @Bill Martin I wish you the best in your quest! I used to quit smoking cigarettes every new years eve and quit for good on 12/31/84. I realized then that every thing worth achieving is worth it every day of the year. I have not made a new year's resolution since. Set your mind and do it. Remember your words and conviction a week later, a month later and every day after. If you really want it you, and you alone, can make it happen. If you believe, we believe.

OK that's a little too serious. I'll go for drink more, bitch less, be a better husband, and still be suckin' air at the end of the year. Cheers brother!

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Last years was to get my act together and start the business. This year will be two fold. (1) keep the product offerings going and grow what the wife and I started last year. (2) get my butt in better shape. Not worried about weight just general overall fitness. If I loose weight that's a bonus.

Bill best of luck with yours.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

Edited once, last by Ruptured Duck ().

• No mods for five months

Which is the same as saving for Maggie Valley mods.... ironically just 5 months away!

@Bill Martin, you can do it if you really want to. I quit smoking in October of 2004. It doesn't bother me being around smokers now at all.... I still don't want one. I was a smokaholic, if there is such a thing. I was always one cigarette from a pack a day. I could quit, but I couldn't bum one days/weeks/years down the road because it led right back to a pack or more a day. At this stage of my life, I can honestly say I'll never have another cigarette in my life. But don't worry, I still have several bad habits that I indulge in!

• I'm going back to the weight I was before I quit cigarettes (29 years ago). Switched to cigars so it's not any healthier, but food started tasting good and I packed on some poundage over the years to add to the risk.

Went Keto six weeks ago and dropped 25lbs even with the holidays. Sixty pounds to go for my goal. @SlingLow can be my witness when we meet up for rides this spring. :)

• Take a little more time NOT working. And more time Riding the Slingshot. Than you had to pop up and say work a little harder

Read it again EJ.
    It's being positive, to work smarter, not harder.
    I'm kind of different, in that I love my work!! I have great passion for the craft my Father taught me from the time I was 16.
    I'm too young for every day to be a Saturday!!
    I love to work for the weekend!! :thumbup:

Never trust a ConnMan!!
    (Man I love that line!)
    :00007555:

• I'm going back to the weight I was before I quit cigarettes (29 years ago). Switched to cigars so it's not any healthier, but food started tasting good and I packed on some poundage over the years to add to the risk.

Went Keto six weeks ago and dropped 25lbs even with the holidays. Sixty pounds to go for my goal. @SlingLow can be my witness when we meet up for rides this spring. :)

I've heard of that Kato diet - glad it's working so well for you:

@BryanL that's a helluva start in a short time! Best of luck and stay healthy my friend!

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• I dont know if it counts as a New Years resolution, but my only "resolution" is to continue to remain alcohol free. Realized this year that I had a problem and haven't had a single drop since 7/11/17 and now I just need to keep on keeping on. So thats it :)

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

Edited once, last by Edward Neal ().